Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    there also angela

and Superman/wonder woman doesn't count, or I would count hawkeye at marvel.

6 on DC, I will add gotham academy. 7.
    Marvel will have 9; with Ms Marvel being a big success with women.
    Why add Hawkeye? If you're gonna add hawkeye, might as well add green lantern new guardians, aquaman and grayson.
    Theres obviously a wonder woman on the title of Superman/Wonder Woman. Also theres sensational comics featuring wonder woman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Batgirl started highly and dropped pretty fast over it's first few months. What kept it's sales healthy were the Night of the Owls, Death of the Joker and Zero Year issues, all of which essentially 'reinflated' the books numbers before they once again began to drop with each subsequent month. In recent months, the book started to level out at around the 30k mark, but without the help of those crossovers, those numbers might well have been closer to those of Batwoman which (like Wonder Woman), hasn't been involved in any crossover event storylines since it's debut. Although, to be fair, Batwoman's sales took quite a big hit after the Williams and Blackman controversy.

To be honest, I'm not really sure exactly what point you're even trying to make and I'm reluctant to take this thread any further off topic than it's already heading.

You also apparently fail to see what I actually wrote.
    Lets not bring it anymore off topic. But lets also not forget the previous Ms Marvel was dragged in endless crossovers and created a mess out of the storyline, while the current bunch of female led books are just but a few months old.
    What happened was night of the owls, death of joker and zero year were all crossovers done well and organically. You need not read any other books with the crossovers and the story actually got better. Gail Simone was the weak link in Batgirl and with the new creative team, it seems like things might change a little, looking at the number of fan art for the new costume. Black Widow being the longest is but 6 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    Decay was a one hit wonder that was easily killed by the lasso. My vote is for Circe, but I think it will be Queen Clea.
    Uh, Decay appeared twice. :P And she's immortal, so she'll never really be gone forever. Diana had to spread her dismembered body parts across the world and hope she wouldn't piece herself back together again.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The Justice League and Swamp Thing guest star in the first penciled pages from Meredith and David Finch's take on DC Comics' "Wonder Woman."

Full article here.
    This looks far better than any artist's rendition of WW in the last 3 years. A BIG improvement/upgrade over Chiang. I'm actually looking forward to the relaunch. This is much better than the first images of Gal Gadot for the film(s).

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    This looks far better than any artist's rendition of WW in the last 3 years. A BIG improvement/upgrade over Chiang.
    Out of genuine curiosity, can I ask why you think that? What is it about this rendition that you consider better?

Spectacular Member

Honestly, this art isn't bad. When Finch was announced, I saw some people throwing fits like this was gonna be the worst thing ever, so I was expecting the worst and am pleasantly surprised by what I've seen thus far.

I do also like the direction they're going with. I think Azzarello and Chiang's run was GREAT, and I hope they get to bring it to a conclusion that satisfies every goal they had for the series, but I AM kinda ready for Diana to start doing some more actual superheroing instead of this "Clash of the Titans"-esque Olympic Gods epic we have now. I mean, it's well written and I'm definitely a fan of what they've done, I just think I'm ready for another direction for the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Why add Hawkeye? If you're gonna add hawkeye, might as well add green lantern new guardians, aquaman and grayson.
    Theres obviously a wonder woman on the title of Superman/Wonder Woman. Also theres sensational comics featuring wonder woman.
    hawkeye has many issues only on kate bishop, this was never the case on superman/wonder woman where superman is clearly the focus

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Out of genuine curiosity, can I ask why you think that? What is it about this rendition that you consider better?
    It's ultimately a matter of personal preference but I like the attention to detail and softer, finer line Finch uses which is more flattering to WW. Chiang's style worked for the Azz storyline but the bold, heavy-linework can look very flat in finished inked form. On top of that there were panels in some recent issues which were left with completely blank, monochromatic backgrounds which were overly simple and minimal. Some may argue a minimal style worked for the book but I prefer hyper fine detail in books. Chiang's style wasn't too far removed from what I'd expect to see in the DC animated series like JLA.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    It's ultimately a matter of personal preference but I like the attention to detail and softer, finer line Finch uses which is more flattering to WW. Chiang's style worked for the Azz storyline but the bold, heavy-linework can look very flat in finished inked form. On top of that there were panels in some recent issues which were left with completely blank, monochromatic backgrounds which were overly simple and minimal. Some may argue a minimal style worked for the book but I prefer hyper fine detail in books. Chiang's style wasn't too far removed from what I'd expect to see in the DC animated series like JLA.
    I totally agree with you.

I like Chiang's art well enough, but I like a lot of detail work as well. I like art that I want to spend some time just gazing at it. Chiang's style doesn't really give me that. One quick glance and you've pretty much seen everything worth seeing.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

So, according to Bleeding Cool's report from an artists panel including David Finch, "he admits that he sometimes has trouble with proportions and drawing women’s faces which is why he’ll spend 75% of the time focusing on Wonder Woman’s face."

Sounds like he's at least self-aware of his issues with depicting women and is making an effort to improve on it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    So, according to Bleeding Cool's report from an artists panel including David Finch, "he admits that he sometimes has trouble with proportions and drawing women’s faces which is why he’ll spend 75% of the time focusing on Wonder Woman’s face."

Sounds like he's at least self-aware of his issues with depicting women and is making an effort to improve on it.
    Behold, the power of complaint!

I bet nothing noticeably changes.

That's some lovely pencil work. I'm a fan of the those low-heeled boots!