Page 80 of 761 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180580 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 11410
    Extraordinary Member

Samuel L. Jackson To Star In Marvel's Nick Fury Series on Disney+

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...es-on-disney-/

Glad that Fury is getting a show. Been hoping for something like this, and here's hoping we get some flashbacks that show us what Fury was up to during some of the big moments in MCU history. But man, Maria Hill better be in this too! So, with Fury getting a show, that's pretty much all the phase 1 characters who now have either a show or solo film except War Machine. I wonder what's up with that? Last I heard Cheadle hadn't heard anything about future MCU appearances. Is he done?

Of course, a lot of people are going to be hoping/thinking/expecting that this Fury show will be a Secret Warriors type thing and Quake will return to the MCU so...yknow, get ready for all those Agents of SHIELD fans to go nuts with the rumors. I mean, I wouldn't be against Cloe Bennet returning myself, but those AoS fans can get a little crazy.

Was hoping that Black Widow would end up on Disney+....I said a while back I wasn't a fan of paying more when I already sub, but I'm tired of waiting and I'd spend more at the theater anyway; I'd get it and (at this point) be happy to have it. I suppose this spring isn't *that* far away but who knows if we're going to even be at a point where cinemas are a viable choice? I don't want to wait until March only for them to delay it yet again; just release the gods damn movie guys!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I hope the Contessa and Clay Quatermain turn up in this show .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope the Contessa and Clay Quatermain turn up in this show .
    This would be a whole thread in itself; how do you cast Contessa and Clay. Gary Busey with his big smilel and maybe some make up.?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I remember rumors about a Nick Fury show from way back when news about Marvel getting shows on Disney+ first dropped. It's nice knowing those turned out to be true.

Now that I think about it, we've been hearing rumors about Secret Invasion, S.W.O.R.D. and Secret Warriors shows... is it possible that all those shows were actually just one, and they're consolidating all those stories under the Nick Fury show? I could see that happening.

If there's any truth to those rumors at all then yes, I expect that's exactly what it is.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

At some point we need a scene where Nick Fury has to use an elaborate disguise and they use David Hasselhoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I remember rumors about a Nick Fury show from way back when news about Marvel getting shows on Disney+ first dropped. It's nice knowing those turned out to be true.

Now that I think about it, we've been hearing rumors about Secret Invasion, S.W.O.R.D. and Secret Warriors shows... is it possible that all those shows were actually just one, and they're consolidating all those stories under the Nick Fury show? I could see that happening.
    They'll probably have to explain what Fury is doing with the Skrulls. Maybe they're hunting evil Skrulls who have infiltrated Earth.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Now that I think about it, we've been hearing rumors about Secret Invasion, S.W.O.R.D. and Secret Warriors shows...
    And with this video, people are now saying it'll be about S.W.O.R.D.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    And with this video, people are now saying it'll be about S.W.O.R.D.
    Definitely a suspect timing. Although it could also just be them promoting the new S.W.O.R.D. book. Then again, maybe the new S.W.O.R.D. book only exists because of MCU synergy, so everything comes full circle. LOL

That video is definitely to promote the new comic and nothing to do with the Nick Fury show announcement.

SWORD shouldn't have anything to do with Nick Fury. And I can't see that being the first MCU X-Men project either (SWORD is an X-Men spin-off), plus, if they did do SWORD, there's no way the lead should be anyone other than Abigail Brand.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

EXCLUSIVE: Disney+’s Hawkeye Recasting Mockingbird
    https://fandomwire.com/hawkeye-recasting-mockingbird

That's Agents of SHIELD retconned to be an alternate universe then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    ...Is FandomWire reliable?

I don't see the point of using Mockingbird if Hawkeye's already married. Well, I guess they can be exes and we can get Bobbi in the movies, but it feels weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    It was also reported today that Marvel is casting Madame Masque for the Hawkeye show, so I have to wonder... is it possible that these castings are actually for the same character, and one of the sources got it wrong? And by one of the sources I mean probably FandomWire, because I think The Direct has a better track record than them. We'll see... I would be sad to see Adrianne Palicki being recast, but I would be happy to see Bobbi in the proper MCU interacting with Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's Agents of SHIELD retconned to be an alternate universe then.
    Not necessarily. I mean, Hulk and War Machine were recast in the MCU and they remained the same characters. IF this is true, it doesn't tell us the reason why they're recasting. It could be for creative reasons and they want to take the character in a brand new direction, completely ignoring AOS and starting from scratch. OR it could be for technical reasons, like maybe they couldn't get Adrianne to sign for the show, so they decided to recast, but not necessarily erase the existing character. Time will tell.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-28-2020 at 11:05 AM.