Page 266 of 774 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366766 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 11606
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    The $83m for shang chi 4 day weekend was wrong!

https://variety.com/2021/film/box-of...rd-1235057013/
    New update.
    Shang-Chi Finishes Labor Day Weekend With $94 Million
    https://www.superherohype.com/movies...ith-94-million

Sep 6, 2021
    Labor Day
    $19,284,160

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl3490022913/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The team is mostly white but not that white.
    Young Avengers

White members
    Hawkeye (Kate Bishop),
    Speed
    Stinger
    Wiccan
    Marvel Boy
    Iron Lad
    Loki (Ikol)

Non whites
    Emperor Dorrek VIII(real look is green and is green most of the time and sometimes could look like any human etc.)
    Miss America
    Patriot
    Prodigy
    Vision (Jonas)

Members
    Team Leader(s)

Current Member(s)

Former Member(s)
    Um, Dorrek and Jonas aren't human, and Jonas has been dead for years. So among humans, that's 7 White heroes and 3 non-White heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Um, Dorrek and Jonas aren't human, and Jonas has been dead for years. So among humans, that's 7 White heroes and 3 non-White heroes.
    Marvel Boy and Loki aren't human, so that's 5 White heroes and 3 non-White heroes.

:P
    Last edited by Panic; 09-09-2021 at 02:09 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Marvel Boy and Loki aren't human, so that's 5 White heroes and 3 non-White heroes.

:P
    You're right. I should've said those 2 are designed to look like White people

Anyway, they don't have any Asian representation

‘Shang-Chi’ China Release Unlikely In Wake Of Unearthed Comments By Star Simu Liu; ‘The Eternals’ Hopes In Question
    https://deadline.com/2021/09/shang-c...el-1234830474/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    ‘Shang-Chi’ China Release Unlikely In Wake Of Unearthed Comments By Star Simu Liu; ‘The Eternals’ Hopes In Question
    That's unfortunate for Chinese citizens

Blessing in disguise. Let Marvel make movies without bowing down to China. I'm glad Shang Chi is doing so well and I hope Eternals does gagnbusters. I hope directors like Chloe Zhao who have been silenced in China and Asian Americans of Chinese descent like Simu Liu continue to make personalized big budget movies about their experiences. Hope Marvel Studios becomes a haven for those who want their voices heard.

Black Panther made a billion despite underperforming in China and Shang Chi is doing great in spite of the pandemic. Eternals should be ok.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I hope so. I hope it does well and is a good movie to boot. It feels so different from what MCU had done previously.

Also, which Eternals do you guys think would be remaining at the end of the film? I think it's a fair bet that not all of these characters will continue forward. I'm fairly certain that Jolie's Thena and Hayek's Ajek will die but Sersei will still be alive in the end but who else? Pasthos? Gilgamesh? Kingo?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I hope so. I hope it does well and is a good movie to boot. It feels so different from what MCU had done previously.

Also, which Eternals do you guys think would be remaining at the end of the film? I think it's a fair bet that not all of these characters will continue forward. I'm fairly certain that Jolie's Thena and Hayek's Ajek will die but Sersei will still be alive in the end but who else? Pasthos? Gilgamesh? Kingo?
    I was expecting most of them would actually make it through, but I guess they might kill off the ones they feel are redundant or don't have much of a story purpose moving forward.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Black Panther made a billion despite underperforming in China and Shang Chi is doing great in spite of the pandemic. Eternals should be ok.
    BP is the only Marvel movie that the domestic Box Office is more than International BO.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

I can't be sure any outside of Sersi surviving

Niffleheim

Ikaris looks more like he won’t survive than Sersi
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    This situation with Shang-Chi is pure irony. They really made a whole movie and changed whole parts of the characters' history to pander to chinese audiences, and they've been getting kicked in the balls even before release, with so much negativity surrounding this movie in China. Even the looks of the lead were picked apart by chinese people on social media. Honestly, I hope this is a wake up call for Marvel. Shang-Chi is doing fine without China. Maybe their other movies will too. Bending over backwards for a country that will not hesitate to boycott you for stupid reasons is not worth it. Plus, at one point they need to stick up to their own talent. If Chloe Zhao is blacklisted in China, what exactly are they gonna do? Side with them over their own director? That's not a good look. They have to show they stand by their team first and foremost. If people have a problem with that, well, too bad for them. The rest of the world will still enjoy those movies.

I feel bad for the chinese Marvel fans who have no control over China's oppressive politics and will be negatively affected by this, but it is what it is. I'm sure a lot of them will find alternative ways to watch those movies anyway. It's the digital era, after all.

They really made a whole movie and changed whole parts of the characters' history to pander to chinese audiences, and they've been getting kicked in the balls even before release, with so much negativity surrounding this movie in China.
    like what? Other than getting rid of racist as hell Fu Manchu?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html