Page 242 of 775 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342742 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 11611
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    One thing I'm curious about is Chris Hemsworth's Thor. He's said over the years he loves playing Thor and will keep doing it as long as Marvel wants him. But now there's the Jane Foster situation in Thor: Love and Thunder. Rumors going around that it's his last one. Assuming that is the case, Natalie Portman is 40 this year. How long could she play Lady Thor? I'm guessing it's a one off. And if it is, how long does Hemsworth have? He looks in pretty good shape and appears to be jacked as all get out for T:L&T.
    Several MCUs were cast as heroes after being 40 years old. I doubt age is an issue for her.

However, I would like to see Thor continue after L&T. But if they were going to replace him, wouldn't they use BRB or Thunderstrike?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Several MCUs were cast as heroes after being 40 years old. I doubt age is an issue for her.

However, I would like to see Thor continue after L&T. But if they were going to replace him, wouldn't they use BRB or Thunderstrike?
    I love Bill, although he probably woudln't draw as much attention as a female Thor.

I don't think they're replacing Hemsworth quite yet though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love Bill, although he probably woudln't draw as much attention as a female Thor.

I don't think they're replacing Hemsworth quite yet though.
    I don't mean instead of Jane. She's more like Rescue or Red She-Hulk, in a way. he's more like War Machine or She-Hulk, in that parallel sense. It's just odd to me how we're getting new/young versions of other MCU heroes but not Thor.

But BRB can show up without Hemsworth leaving. Tbh, I think it would be better if the 2 met before Thor bows out. but I don't see Thor leaving right away either.

I don't mean instead of Jane. She's more like Rescue or Red She-Hulk, in a way. he's more like War Machine or She-Hulk, in that parallel sense. It's just odd to me how we're getting new/young versions of other MCU heroes but not Thor.

But BRB can show up without Hemsworth leaving. Tbh, I think it would be better if the 2 met before Thor bows out. but I don't see Thor leaving right away either.
    I think Jane's intended to be more of a Captain Marvel equivalent than a female spinoff character, at least looking at how she was handled in the comic, which I'm not sure is going to be reflected in the movie.

Ultimate Member

I think Jane's intended to be more of a Captain Marvel equivalent than a female spinoff character, at least looking at how she was handled in the comic, which I'm not sure is going to be reflected in the movie.
    Well, Carol was sort of a Jane-type character to the original Mar-Vell IIRC, but she eclipsed him long ago. Jane's transformation is much more recent. And tbh, I never really understood Mar-Vell's appeal. I read some old comics of his and couldn't get a grasp on his character.

In the same vein, BRB is more like Monica Rambeau, in that they came around at similar times and 'succeeded' the previous heroes in a way.

I can't be sure how Jane will be utilized in L&T. I heard she'll have the cancer storyline, but I may be mistaken

Mighty Member

It's going to be interesting with Taika Waititi returning at the helm. I loved Thor: Ragnarok and it really revitalized Thor as a character and was really funny. I'm hoping in T:L&T that he can balance humor with an emotional story as well, especially if Jane goes through the cancer storyline.

Ultimate Member

It's going to be interesting with Taika Waititi returning at the helm. I loved Thor: Ragnarok and it really revitalized Thor as a character and was really funny. I'm hoping in T:L&T that he can balance humor with an emotional story as well, especially if Jane goes through the cancer storyline.
    I hope they treat the cancer with the appropriate seriousness. But I also would like to see more of Waititi's humor from Ragnarok

I've kind of resigned myself that I probably won't enjoy Love and Thunder for a variety of reasons or what direction Waititi takes Thor, so I'll just take it as it comes.
    Well, Carol was sort of a Jane-type character to the original Mar-Vell IIRC, but she eclipsed him long ago. Jane's transformation is much more recent. And tbh, I never really understood Mar-Vell's appeal. I read some old comics of his and couldn't get a grasp on his character.
    I think Mar-Vell is pretty cool, but I'm old school like that .
    In the same vein, BRB is more like Monica Rambeau, in that they came around at similar times and 'succeeded' the previous heroes in a way.
    I think of Bill more as a support hero than a successor, since he and Thor became bros while Monica got the Captain Marvel name without any connection to Mar-Vell.

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...ve-movies.html

Not sure if this website is a sham site like We Got this Covered and if it is...apologies. But, interesting if it's true.
    Ugh I’m never canceling my Disney+ subscription am I…

Also hearing positive buzz around Shang-Chi! I honestly never thought I’d be this invested in the MCU but they’ve got me roped in.

Ultimate Member

I've kind of resigned myself that I probably won't enjoy Love and Thunder for a variety of reasons or what direction Waititi takes Thor, so I'll just take it as it comes.

I think Mar-Vell is pretty cool, but I'm old school like that .
    Oh. What about him is interesting?

I think of Bill more as a support hero than a successor, since he and Thor became bros while Monica got the Captain Marvel name without any connection to Mar-Vell.
    I meant more like he's a character debuting decades later but with a similar concept. Although Rambeau's powers aren't exactly like Mar-Vell's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Ugh I’m never canceling my Disney+ subscription am I…

Also hearing positive buzz around Shang-Chi! I honestly never thought I’d be this invested in the MCU but they’ve got me roped in.
    Positive news is good. i know early social media reactions always skew that way so I don't put too much stock into them. But, it seems good so far

Oh. What about him is interesting?
    Soldier who goes undercover on Earth for a militant alien race, only to fall in love with Earth culture and fight against his people to protect them...

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

It feels more cosmic with the Celestials now.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

-Just came here after seeing the trailer. I told you all were judging too early after seeing the first teaser. Glad I withheld judgement back then because this looks awesome! I'm ready for the Marvel Cosmic.

-Richard Madden gives me major Superman vibes. Jolie as Thena reminds me of Wonder Woman. This has all the vibes of a Justice League movie based on the Morrison/Waid/Kelly era JLA but at the same time still feels like Marvel Cosmic movie.

-The Celestials look awesome. I was kind of worried after seeing the concept art but this trailer put those fears to rest.

When they mentioned the “emergence” why was my first thought the emergence of the X-Gene.

Very excited to watch an MCU movie about characters I basically have no knowledge of.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 08-19-2021 at 07:19 AM.

Ultimate Member

Soldier who goes undercover on Earth for a militant alien race, only to fall in love with Earth culture and fight against his people to protect them...
    I got that much. Although that's basically Avatar. But I'm still not sure what his whole personality is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

It feels more cosmic with the Celestials now.
    I don't really base my expectations too much on trailers anyway. Although that Celestial looks cool

That being said, it seems we're getting more "Superman" type heroes. Hooray?

And it sounds like Angelina Jolie is wearing a fake English accent. Why? She was the one casting choice I didn't like
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 08-19-2021 at 06:53 AM.