Page 35 of 775 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135535 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

https://www.thevoid.com/dimensions/marvel-avengers-vr/

Anyone excited to try this? I played Star Wars: Secrets of The Empire VR early last year just before it was closed in the temporary venue in London (though I gather they might be planning to turn two sites there into permanent attractions) and it was incredible, you honestly felt like you were there on Mustafar and having characters like K2-SO and Vader loom over you was awesome and the mission was pretty much accessible regardless of group size (minus an annoying puzzle I had to figure out by myself because the physical buttons weren’t in sync with the virtual ones). But this sounds awesome, having Shuri introduce things and getting to team up with Doctor Strange, Ant Man and Wasp too! I’ll have to check and see if there’s a venue British side.

I wonder if Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight will reference their religious backgrounds?

The MCU is pretty secular, which I believe is to not alienate any audience, with the only big religious comment being Cap saying he's sure God doesn't look like Thor in Avengers. However, Kamala being a Muslim is very important as it's what relates heavily to her identity and family being Pakistani immigrants, as is Marc having a Jewish background with his father being a rabbi who escaped to the United States when the Nazis invaded Czechoslovakia and faced discrimination from anti-Semites.

I imagine this as being a bit of a tricky situation. The MCU is mostly secular, but their religious backgrounds are too important to downplay or remove without causing massive issues. What do you think?

Daredevil didn’t hide away from Mathew’s catholic roots, I could believe that they would do the same with Kamala without going OTT about it.

I hope this also means when Kurt, Benjamin and Kitty arrives in the MCU they won’t shy away from their Christian and Jewish backgrounds either

Daredevil is only tangentially tied to the MCU, only by brand really, as it was made by Marvel TV with no involvement by Feige, exiled from continuity and is way different from the others. I also expect it to get rebooted by Marvel Studios later. Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight are fully part of the MCU from the start and thus it really begs the question.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Daredevil didn’t hide away from Mathew’s catholic roots, I could believe that they would do the same with Kamala without going OTT about it.

I hope this also means when Kurt, Benjamin and Kitty arrives in the MCU they won’t shy away from their Christian and Jewish backgrounds either
    If they ignore her Muslim and inhuman roots, it would change her character completely. They go hand in and as an allegory. They didn't change either in Marvel Rising. They did do use religion with Daredevil using the Marvel banner.

People can't suddenly pick and choose what they think Marvel will ignore or not based on their own biaise and assumptions.

My point is, Daredevil is so disconnected from the MCU story it doesn't really count. The main MCU, apart from Cap's comment in Avengers, is remarkably secular with an aversion to religion. However, Kamala and Marc have religion as part of their very DNA in terms of characterization, which is a little tricky I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    My point is, Daredevil is so disconnected from the MCU story it doesn't really count. The main MCU, apart from Cap's comment in Avengers, is remarkably secular with an aversion to religion. However, Kamala and Marc have religion as part of their very DNA in terms of characterization, which is a little tricky I'm sure.
    They never had characters like that star in any comic book movie. They will come in 2024. How do you know that they will ignore it when they haven't had the opportunity to feature characters like them yet?

Before the MCU, movie studios never took risks like Disney is today. Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, and the X-Men were all caucasian (Storm was ignored) in their movies, and religion doesn't make their characters.

Magneto never focused on his daily traditions, but rather an event that everyone knows. The Holocaust happened so long ago that people are not as attached to it as they are modern day bigotry that affects them, their family, and their friends. This is the first time Marvel will feature such characters with their own titled shows (since you wanna ignore Daredevil). I think that they are going to incorporate it in their shows as perhaps a learning mechanism.

Before they had to use the X-Men for some ambiguous allegory that a lot of people saw as Caucasian people fighting villains. Now they are using the real thing because we've grown to the point that people aren't afraid to buy a Ms. Marvel comic or watch Luke Cage. I don't think they're gonna stop now and they chose those properties for that reason.

2024? What's coming in 2024? The Ms. Marvel show is excpected to film late next year, so that puts it in 2021 most likely. I'm confused.

Anyways, the point I'm saying is that I wonder if religion will play into the MCU more heavily, given their backgrounds featuring it.

I imagine the shows might deal with it more than the films. The shows are gonna their solos while their movie appearances could range small cameos to secondary character subplots.

2024? What's coming in 2024? The Ms. Marvel show is excpected to film late next year, so that puts it in 2021 most likely. I'm confused.

Anyways, the point I'm saying is that I wonder if religion will play into the MCU more heavily, given their backgrounds featuring it.
    They never mentioned when they will begin filming, and they are packed until 2022-23. I doubt we'll see her before.

Also, here is Feige mentioning her religion:
    Back in April 2018, Feige revealed why the studio was taking its time with Kamala Khan. "We wanted to get Captain Marvel out there first," he explained, "so that there is something for a young Muslim girl to get inspired by."

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    https://www.thevoid.com/dimensions/marvel-avengers-vr/

Anyone excited to try this? I played Star Wars: Secrets of The Empire VR early last year just before it was closed in the temporary venue in London (though I gather they might be planning to turn two sites there into permanent attractions) and it was incredible, you honestly felt like you were there on Mustafar and having characters like K2-SO and Vader loom over you was awesome and the mission was pretty much accessible regardless of group size (minus an annoying puzzle I had to figure out by myself because the physical buttons weren’t in sync with the virtual ones). But this sounds awesome, having Shuri introduce things and getting to team up with Doctor Strange, Ant Man and Wasp too! I’ll have to check and see if there’s a venue British side.
    I wonder how realistic the stars will look during the VR portion.

This might be the first we'll see of Ant-Man and Wasp again for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They never mentioned when they will begin filming, and they are packed until 2022-23. I doubt we'll see her before.

Also, here is Feige mentioning her religion:
    Back in April 2018, Feige revealed why the studio was taking its time with Kamala Khan. "We wanted to get Captain Marvel out there first," he explained, "so that there is something for a young Muslim girl to get inspired by."
    No they said Ms. Marvel films in 2020. Black Panther 2 opens Phase 5, that is confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how realistic the stars will look during the VR portion.

This might be the first we'll see of Ant-Man and Wasp again for the foreseeable future.
    Well Secrets of the Empire had the benefits of no unmasked or face revealed characters in the VR experience. We have Ant Man and Wasp who can work well, and I suppose they could utilise War Machine, Spider-Man or even Hulk in that way too. The big one is Doctor Strange. It’s gonna look weird if we don’t have Benedict’s face staring back at us. Maybe he’s going to just be on a screen or something.

This also feels like a precursor of sorts to the planned Avengers simulator ride in Avengers Campus at both Paris and California, since many of the same characters are due to appear and it’s set around Wakanda...

No they said Ms. Marvel films in 2020. Black Panther 2 opens Phase 5, that is confirmed.
    "They" isn't Marvel or Disney. Anyway. Feige specified "Muslim girl," so they're going to incorporate it because he doesn't say specifics for no reason.

I wonder if Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight will reference their religious backgrounds?

The MCU is pretty secular, which I believe is to not alienate any audience, with the only big religious comment being Cap saying he's sure God doesn't look like Thor in Avengers. However, Kamala being a Muslim is very important as it's what relates heavily to her identity and family being Pakistani immigrants, as is Marc having a Jewish background with his father being a rabbi who escaped to the United States when the Nazis invaded Czechoslovakia and faced discrimination from anti-Semites.

I imagine this as being a bit of a tricky situation. The MCU is mostly secular, but their religious backgrounds are too important to downplay or remove without causing massive issues. What do you think?
    Marc renounced Judaism. Then he was somewhat forced to worship an Egyptian vengeance god. I fully expect to see his rabbi father though. Wonder if they'll tie Frenchy to that assassin Elektra killed while waiting for her flight.