Page 269 of 773 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319369769 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 11593

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Clint's kid says it's been a long time since they celebrated Christmas together. I'm guessing that the prediction that Clint and his wife divorced due to the former going on a Punisher like rampage after the Snap came true.
    I think they mean because of the Snap. It would be weird for him to say he'll be home for Christmas if they divorced and it seems like he's texting his wife in one scene.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

i actually don't like Factions HawkBro run but this looks relatively fun
    Yesss, Tracksuit bros! Lucky!!!!
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they mean because of the Snap. It would be weird for him to say he'll be home for Christmas if they divorced and it seems like he's texting his wife in one scene.
    Could be like an Ant-Man set up where Scott can still visit his daughter and wife's house despite being divorced.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I meant "murder," not "kill"
    Still a killer regardless.

Could be like an Ant-Man set up where Scott can still visit his daughter and wife's house despite being divorced.
    Yeah, I guess, but it still would seem kind of awkward.

Ultimate Member

Still a killer regardless.
    Yeah, but that's not my point. Killing in battle is necessary, but murdering someone who's not immediately a threat isn't. Sometimes the MCU acts like that way and sometimes it doesn't.

Yeah, but that's not my point. Killing in battle is necessary, but murdering someone who's not immediately a threat isn't. Sometimes the MCU acts like that way and sometimes it doesn't.
    The MCU didn't make any excuses for him though. The people he was killing were drug cartels and human traffickers, so inarguably bad people, but even so we have Clint's own narrative within the film that he had done horrible things and deserved to be the one to die for them.

I also found this exchange weird as it would make no sense of the kids to be talking about the snap. The kids say it's been years since they all spent Christmas together, but it wasn't because no time passed for them. I guess he's just negligent and always away for work during Christmas? lol. I wish it was a divorce though, would certainly fit with the Fraction inspired show.

I've gotten confused with the delays and all, and the timelines of the other shows, but do we know for certain how long it's been since Endgame now?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    The MCU didn't make any excuses for him though. The people he was killing were drug cartels and human traffickers, so inarguably bad people, but even so we have Clint's own narrative within the film that he had done horrible things and deserved to be the one to die for them.
    Them being bad doesn't excuse him. But he just got away with everything so far. Him hating himself isn't really enough

Them being bad doesn't excuse him. But he just got away with everything so far. Him hating himself isn't really enough
    And you're about to have a whole show where his past comes back to bite him in his ass. What solution do you suggest? I guess he could go to prison, but that doesn't really do anything for the MCU moving forward and I doubt Nat would have sacrificed herself just so Clint couldn't be with his kids anyway.

I also found this exchange weird as it would make no sense of the kids to be talking about the snap. The kids say it's been years since they all spent Christmas together, but it wasn't because no time passed for them. I guess he's just negligent and always away for work during Christmas? lol. I wish it was a divorce though, would certainly fit with the Fraction inspired show.

I've gotten confused with the delays and all, and the timelines of the other shows, but do we know for certain how long it's been since Endgame now?
    Maybe. Or they could be talking from his perspective.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    And you're about to have a whole show where his past comes back to bite him in his ass. What solution do you suggest? I guess he could go to prison, but that doesn't really do anything for the MCU moving forward and I doubt Nat would have sacrificed herself just so Clint couldn't be with his kids anyway.
    I mean, I probably wouldn't mind if he went to prison. I just feel the MCU could be more consistent. Rhodey was already excusing him in Endgame yet a few movies earlier he fights considerably less dangerous vigilantism. CA:WS and FaWS seem to condemn brutality and excessive force but Endgame doesn't.

Except when we saw him kill in Endgame, it was in the middle of a battle and there were no indication that he had harmed innocent lives or killed anybody who wasn't a bad guy.

The point is, it is weird to go 'why should we care about Clint the murderer' when literally every MCU hero except Spider-Man has killed and Clint's show involves him being held accountable for that.

That scene was weirdly edited. I think it would make sense in context. It was definitely meant to get us talking.

Yeah, I guess, but it still would seem kind of awkward.
    The kids are also leaving in a black van driven by a man in a suit. It could be a witness protection thing or Clint is living separately because of his PTSD/guilt.

Except when we saw him kill in Endgame, it was in the middle of a battle and there were no indication that he had harmed innocent lives or killed anybody who wasn't a bad guy.

The point is, it is weird to go 'why should we care about Clint the murderer' when literally every MCU hero except Spider-Man has killed and Clint's show involves him being held accountable for that.
    Do we count all those aliens he killed in Endgame?

He's also the one who came up with the plan that killed Ebony Maw.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Let's digress from all the talk of murder and death for a while and focus on the best takeaway from the trailer:

Who wants to see an actual Rogers the Musical?

Do it, Marvel and Disney+.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Let's digress from all the talk of murder and death for a while and focus on the best takeaway from the trailer:

Who wants to see an actual Rogers the Musical?

Do it, Marvel and Disney+.
    I would so watch it.

I'm imagining a duet called "til the end of the line".

I'm also greatly amused that instead of ice packs or frozen peas, Clint uses a bag of frozen piña colada lol