Page 42 of 775 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142542 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Kevin Feige says that the Loki streaming show will tie in with Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness.
    I'm kinda dreading this, because I get the feeling they may pull a Gamora on Loki and just bring that past version of him from Endgame to the present. The Doctor Strange movie could easily do that, since it's going to directly deal with the multiverse.

I'm really not looking forward to that happening, 'cause I really wanted them to follow the route from the last decade of comics and have Loki return through adaptions of Journey Into Mystery, Young Avengers and Agent Of Asgard. It was probably the best couple of stories Loki has ever had, and it would allow them to give some closure to Tom Hiddleston's Loki, while beginning a new chapter for a new version of the character to arise. It'll be pretty disappointing if they throw all of that potential away only to rehash the villainous Loki we've already seen in the movies.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-07-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Kevin Feige says that the Loki streaming show will tie in with Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness.
    Hmm...I wonder if it'll introduce more dimensions in the Multiverse? Or a supernatural being Strange will have to fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm kinda dreading this, because I get the feeling they may pull a Gamora on Loki and just bring that past version of him from Endgame to the present. The Doctor Strange movie could easily do that, since it's going to directly deal with the multiverse.

I'm really not looking forward to that happening, 'cause I really wanted them to follow the route from the last decade of comics and have Loki return through adaptions of Journey Into Mystery, Young Avengers and Agent Of Asgard. It was probably the best couple of stories Loki has ever had, and it would allow them to give some closure to Tom Hiddleston's Loki, while beginning a new chapter for a new version of the character to arise. It'll be pretty disappointing if they throw all of that potential away only to rehash the villainous Loki we've already seen in the movies.
    As long as we don't get Ragnarok Loki back, I'm good .

BANNED

Loki was basically the same in the Ragnarok, though he was far more entertaining there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    Loki was basically the same in the Ragnarok, though he was far more entertaining there.
    It felt like they turned him into a complete punchline, which I didn't appreciate.

They way they handled him posing as Odin also felt a little OOC to me.

BANNED

Meh. I never found Loki as fun to watch in any other movie, it nice seeing people be wise to his tricks, and have them backfire.
    And if making a play that makes him look like the good guy isn't just peak Loki I don't know what is.

Meh. I never found Loki as fun to watch in any other movie, it nice seeing people be wise to his tricks, and have them backfire.
    That's fair. I enjoyed him when he was a more compelling, Machiavellian, and charismatic antagonist, which is probably why his handling in Ragnarok just didn't do it for me.
    And if making a play that makes him look like the good guy isn't just peak Loki I don't know what is.
    I won't argue that .

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I just want to see Loki do some real magic

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmm...I wonder if it'll introduce more dimensions in the Multiverse? Or a supernatural being Strange will have to fight?

As long as we don't get Ragnarok Loki back, I'm good .
    This! It was awful. I'd take TDW Loki over Ragnarok Loki any day and THAT movie was horrible to sit through the whole thing, but at least his characterisation was infinitely better that what we got thereafter.

BANNED

Loki was definitely better in Ragnarok than he was in the rest.
    Then again Ragnarok was the first Thor movie that let people treat him like the pompous ass he is, so that might have something to do with it.
    The get help scene was infinitely better than any other Loki scene before it.

Astonishing Member

Then again Ragnarok was the first Thor movie that let people treat him like the pompous ass he is, so that might have something to do with it.
    I respectfully disagree with this.

Astonishing Member

I respectfully agree with this.

WandaVision will lead into Doctor Strange. Doctor Strange will lead into Loki. Loki will lead into Thor, and possibly What If?

‘LOKI’ PRODUCTION COMPANY SUGGESTS MARVEL DISNEY+ SERIES MAY HAVE MORE THAN ONE SEASON
    https://thegww.com/loki-production-c...an-one-season/

Marvel Has Reportedly Begun Early Development On ‘Thunderbolts’
    https://fullcirclecinema.com/2019/11...-thunderbolts/

A Potential ‘Ironheart’ Series is in Early Development
    https://mcucosmic.com/2019/11/07/a-p...y-development/
    Last edited by Witchfan; 11-08-2019 at 11:41 AM.

If Thunderbolts isn't the Zemo incarnation but is instead a knock-off Suicide Squad with Ross, I'm gonna be mad. The closest I could okay with him being to the team is a Dallas Riordan-level unwitting government liaison type.

And, yeah, I was hoping for a Journey into Mystery route with Loki. Well, "hoping" is maybe too strong a word. It never felt likely to me, it just seems like the best possible route to take with the character if you're going to do more with Loki.

Niffleheim

1000% agree that Rsgnarok depicted Loki the best IMHO.I loved every minute of it.

I think we had some of that in The Dark World. The first Thor movie was trying to lull you into thinking you could trust him before it turned out he was the main villain (even if any comic fan would've seen it coming).
    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    If Thunderbolts isn't the Zemo incarnation but is instead a knock-off Suicide Squad with Ross, I'm gonna be mad. The closest I could okay with him being to the team is a Dallas Riordan-level unwitting government liaison type.
    I can see it being a government-created team that Zemo ends up co-opting into his own Thunderbolts/Masters of Evil.