Page 85 of 773 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185585 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 11594

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Where has America ever been described as Afro-Latina?
    It's spoken about with her origin. That she identified with that community in Puerto Rico and took a traditional Afro Latina name.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Chavez is Afro Latina. Not just "Latino."
    Chavez is not black.
    Her mothers are not black as well.
    They are brown.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Chavez is not black.
    Her mothers are not black as well.
    They are brown.
    You do realize that black doesn't mean literally black though right? But regardless, my bets are on it either being a nobody or someone related to Strange. The rumors are usually more exciting and weirder than reality.

Extraordinary Member

Black folks come in varied shades and looks but it is clear from marvel comics chavez is not black,and does not look it or clearly look it.
    She is a intermediate race looking type (racially brown).
    There are some that look like that who is say they are black but in reality racially that is not what they are, even if they identify with that race first.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    They were looking for a latina actress for a latina character from the comics,and zelma stanton is not latina,so it is most likely not her.
    It is most likely america chavez or another latino character from the comics we have not thought about yet.
    So far i think it's most likely chavez.
    I want go back to this.
    The reason i said it is most likely not zelma because there is still a possibility it could be.
    Even if they were looking for a latina actress it was not clear or they did not say they were looking for a comicbook character from the comics that is latina.
    I wanted to correct this but they were looking for a latina actress.

They could just make zelma stanton a latina and race bend the character and change the ethnic background in the mcu.
    Clarie temple for example in the netflix marvel shows is a latina but in comics she is not latina.
    I don't think they would do this however but there is still a chance they could.
    The character could be a new character from the mcu as well and have chavez like powers or based on chavez but not called chavez.
    That is possible as well.
    Kinda like what agents of shield did with deathlok.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It's America. She's from the multiverse and we know the MCU is setting up the Young Avengers.
    This is most likely the case so far but there still a chance it could be those other things i said above as well.
    Heck it could be one of the latino white tigers.
    I thought about this too.
    White Tiger
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/White_Tiger
    Last edited by mace11; 10-18-2020 at 02:20 AM.

Has Zelma's heritage ever been discussed? I read Aaron's run. And Damnation and it was never mentioned there. I don't know if there is an offshoot that I missed or something in Strange's space adventures that I missed.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-18-2020 at 12:27 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There are tons of "insiders." Some have been right, some are wrong. People are going around believing sites like Wegotthiscovered, just because it fits what they want to happen. We don't know though. They never said what the role is. And the audition didn't seem to mention a name for the character even. And auditions have been often different from the actual movie to prevent leaks. So it's still a wait and see.
    While it's true that people can make up news, it's not that easy to make up an audition tape with an actual actress. There have been BS audition tapes before, like the Gwen Stacy audition for Far From Home, but the difference here is that those Gwen Stacy videos are still up on Vimeo, which is probably the biggest evidence they were never real. Real auditions that leak get deleted almost immediately because they are not supposed to be seen and the people who share them can get in big trouble with Marvel/Disney. Both the leaked auditions for WandaVision and MOM got deleted once people started sharing them, which is suspicious, to say the least.

And while it's true that audition scripts are not necessarily something they're gonna use in the actual film, they do have to describe the character the person is auditioning for in some way, because they can't test if someone is good for a role by asking them to read for a completely different character. An audition script for Ms. Marvel also leaked earlier this month from a girl who tried out for the role (and we know it was true because the girl was dumb enough to share the NDA she signed with Marvel), and the script was very, VERY in-character and comic accurate for Kamala, even if they don't end up using it in the show.

At the end of the day, the facts are: we had rumors about America appearing in that movie for months, and then we had an audition leak with a character that's very similar to her. It's possible it will end up being another character, but the evidence SO FAR points to her more than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    While it's true that people can make up news, it's not that easy to make up an audition tape with an actual actress. There have been BS audition tapes before, like the Gwen Stacy audition for Far From Home, but the difference here is that those Gwen Stacy videos are still up on Vimeo, which is probably the biggest evidence they were never real. Real auditions that leak get deleted almost immediately because they are not supposed to be seen and the people who share them can get in big trouble with Marvel/Disney. Both the leaked auditions for WandaVision and MOM got deleted once people started sharing them, which is suspicious, to say the least.

And while it's true that audition scripts are not necessarily something they're gonna use in the actual film, they do have to describe the character the person is auditioning for in some way, because they can't test if someone is good for a role by asking them to read for a completely different character. An audition script for Ms. Marvel also leaked earlier this month from a girl who tried out for the role (and we know it was true because the girl was dumb enough to share the NDA she signed with Marvel), and the script was very, VERY in-character and comic accurate for Kamala, even if they don't end up using it in the show.

At the end of the day, the facts are: we had rumors about America appearing in that movie for months, and then we had an audition leak with a character that's very similar to her. It's possible it will end up being another character, but the evidence SO FAR points to her more than anyone else.
    It's so easy to tape things and pass them off as something else. And the one for WandaVision mentions Pietro, but likely won't even have him in it. Even if legit, it can't be believed until you see it for yourself in the movies and TV because there is so much swirling around these films that is just bs.

Facts are that they are rumors. And a "leak" with someone "similar" (and not even similar imo) does not equal that character. It could be a nobody and everyone gets all hopeful, then nothing. It just seems to be only hope fueling it.

And let's not forget, there have been "quality, well sourced" rumors about a Nova film since, oh, 2012 or so?

Captain Marvel was rumored to be getting a movie as early as 2010 or so, and that didn't materialize for nearly a decade and had no real connection to any of the rumors that preceded it.

*Maybe* Strange 2 brings in America Chavez. But *maybe* everyone is looking at the word "multiverse" in the movie title and making some really damn big assumptions.

The woman who was reportedly playing She-Hulk apparently isn't, and we should all have learned from that not to trust what the internet tells us.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah that's where I'm at. If it happens, then it does, but trying to temper expectations. Especially with everything being such a whirlwind. I'm sure no matter what we are getting good shows and movies.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    The woman who was reportedly playing She-Hulk apparently isn't, and we should all have learned from that not to trust what the internet tells us.
    This wasn't just ''the internet'', though. The showrunner of the She-Hulk show actually shared the news of Tatiana Maslany being cast as She-Hulk, and she is the biggest authority of the show. Tatiana is either straight-up lying (which happened before with Marvel actors who got cast) or something happened ever since the news dropped and she ended up leaving the role.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    This wasn't just ''the internet'', though. The showrunner of the She-Hulk show actually shared the news of Tatiana Maslany being cast as She-Hulk, and she is the biggest authority of the show. Tatiana is either straight-up lying (which happened before with Marvel actors who got cast) or something happened ever since the news dropped and she ended up leaving the role.
    Contracts sometimes don't allow actors to talk about Fight Club.

And it can come off as a cheap tactic and get some casting folk to reject someone out of hand if that actor goes out and agitates for a part (or suggests that they already have it, and all those other actors angling for it can go get other roles lined up...), so some actors might be willing to play the game and post teases to get talk going, and others might be just as determined to shut it all down before loose lips screws the deal for them.

The showrunner, possibly not being an actor themself (I have no idea) might not realize the precarious position Tatiana is in, sort of a quantum state of 'you *might* have this job, but gosh, there's a lot of stuff you could say or do in the next months that guarantee that you *will not* have this job.'

I'd be cool with it being true. I'll be less cool if it turns out not to be true, and the actress who does get the job is... less.

Thor: Love and Thunder: Chris Hemsworth Teases Different Version of Hero in Marvel Sequel
    https://thedirect.com/article/thor-l...rsion-mcu-hero

An Avengers Reunion! Marvel Cast to Reunite for a Virtual Fundraiser in Support of Joe Biden
    https://news.yahoo.com/avengers-reun...151924028.html
    Last edited by Witchfan; 10-19-2020 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Contracts sometimes don't allow actors to talk about Fight Club.
    And maybe that's what this is. Or maybe someone got their wires crossed somewhere and the actress really wasn't ever in consideration for the role. Who knows? I mean, I'm *inclined* to believe the show runner knows what they're talking about because why wouldn't they? But until Marvel Studios makes a legit announcement?

Point is, rumors aren't worth a thing and we shouldn't put any stock in them. And the rumor of using Strange 2 to introduce America seems pretty dubious to me. Maybe it'll happen, I'm not saying it won't, but America seems like an odd fit for a film about wizards and magic, even if the wizard is traveling the multiverse. Especially when another hero (Wanda) is already going to be playing a role (according to Fiege).

My own personal theory is that, if Strange 2 does anything with America at all, we'll just see the destruction of her homeworld. We won't really get to see America so much as get a cameo of her origin. Not too dissimilar to how Captain Marvel introduced Monica, but not really.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Thor: Love and Thunder: Natalie Portman Teases 'Really Silly' Parts in Marvel Sequel
    https://thedirect.com/article/thor-l...n-silly-marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Thor: Love and Thunder: Natalie Portman Teases 'Really Silly' Parts in Marvel Sequel
    https://thedirect.com/article/thor-l...n-silly-marvel
    Well, it is a Waitit film...I just hope they don't get too silly.