Page 111 of 776 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211611 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 11639

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    True. He was lame in those movies
    .....also I have to confess that the joker planting bombs in the hospital really made me wish Batman would plant a bullet in his head once and for all
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

Winter Soldier is probably the "tightest" MCU movie, but Ragnarok, IW and EG entertained me more.

I'm not super into the Snyder Cut but I enjoyed the moments when the heroes could actually use their powers.

I'm excited for Shang-Chi, mainly because it'll have the first MCU Asian hero, unless Hogun counts
    Don't forget wong a hero who was in doctor strange and the avengers movies,and some others in mcu movies and if you counting mcu non canon shows,then there are asian heroes in those show too.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-25-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I wouldn't exactly describe those two as solo movies...
    Whoops, I didn't realize that was about solo movies?

Maybe the fact that one features two of the most popular superheroes of all time while the other is headlined by two b-listers could be a reason? No?

Why not compare F/WS to WandaVision instead. More people were drawn to the street level show than to the one with overpowered superbeings.
    Who are the B-listers?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    What does this have to do with my statement that more people watched Snyder's JL than F/WS?
    They had almost the same number of viewers considering F&WS was 4X shorter than Snyder's JL. Also Wonder Woman had more viewers than both.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/justice...ip-1234720662/
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-25-2021 at 10:35 AM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Idk why people are treating a 300+ million total budget 4 hour movie barely beating out a single 45 episode of television is an astronomical accomplishment. Falcons viewership will hold much better week to week than the Snyder cut will, even with a new tacked on black and white version

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Don't forget wong a hero who was in doctor strange and the avengers movies and if you counting mcu non canon shows,then there are asian heroes in those show too.
    I wasn't sure if Wong counted but I guess he did.

Extraordinary Member

I wasn't sure if Wong counted but I guess he did.
    There are some others in mcu movies too.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    There are some others in mcu movies too.
    I can't remember who exactly. I guess Shang-Chi will be the first lead hero

Whoops, I didn't realize that was about solo movies?

Who are the B-listers?
    Sam and Bucky as they were only side characters in the movies until now. Comparing their show to a film with Batman and Superman (hell, even Wonder Woman and Aquaman are a bigger draw than Bucky and Sam due to their successful solo movies) and taking it as evidence for the claim that audiences aren't interested in street level characters is a reach to put it mildly.

Just as well I could compare the box office of The Dark Knight Rises to that of Doctor Strange without taking Batman's bigger popularity into context and declare that as proof that audiences clearly prefer street level movies.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Niffleheim

Captain America and Iron Man are the B list characters not Sam and Bucky who are C or D list characters.

Ultimate Member

Sam and Bucky as they were only side characters in the movies until now. Comparing their show to a film with Batman and Superman (hell, even Wonder Woman and Aquaman are a bigger draw than Bucky and Sam due to their successful solo movies) and taking it as evidence for the claim that audiences aren't interested in street level characters is a reach to put it mildly.

Just as well I could compare the box office of The Dark Knight Rises to that of Doctor Strange without taking Batman's bigger popularity into context and declare that as proof that audiences clearly prefer street level movies.
    I'm not sure if that's definitive. Batman is more well known than Strange, but on the other hand Snyder's style turns a lot of people off

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Captain America and Iron Man are the B list characters not Sam and Bucky who are C or D list characters.
    Cap and Iron Man are A-listers in the comics. Sam and Bucky are B-list. C-list is someone like Drax IMO

Niffleheim

Cap and Iron Man are A-listers in the comics. Sam and Bucky are B-list. C-list is someone like Drax IMO
    They are B listers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    They are B listers.
    How so? They were very important to the comics for years. They've had solos longer than most.

Niffleheim

How so? They were very important to the comics for years. They've had solos longer than most.
    Ok I think you are viewing their In-universe importance while i'm not. They are still B listers to me.