Page 158 of 176 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2640
  1. #2356
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Doesn't Peter mostly beat up working class people anyway? It's not like billionaires are motivated to rob atms.

    Anyway, you have some good points, although I think a lot of characters have been changed more, while he still seems to be mostly the same, ar least to me. He still gets all the same villains from the comics, unlike many other MCU heroes. I don't get why exactly they copied Ganke to Ned, but I liked him being able to talk to someone else about his identity. I've never been really attached to previous iterations of his supporting cast, aside from Jameson. I'd prefer if Tony was less of a mentor and more of just a friend and colleague
    I never get the vibe that MCU Peter has a huge chip on his shoulder (he gets over that later, but during the Ditko days he definitely had a huge chip on his shoulder). He's more of a sweet kid who looks up to Iron Man as a mentor figure.

    Also his biggest enemy is Norman Osborn (or at least it's supposed to be).

  2. #2357
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    7,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I never get the vibe that MCU Peter has a huge chip on his shoulder (he gets over that later, but during the Ditko days he definitely had a huge chip on his shoulder). He's more of a sweet kid who looks up to Iron Man as a mentor figure.

    Also his biggest enemy is Norman Osborn (or at least it's supposed to be).
    Yeah, but doesn't Tony fight evil capitalists too? And it's not like street crime is some horrible epidemic nowadays. I hardly see Peter trying to tackle the root causes of low income crime more than any other hwro does.

    Anyway, I didn't really think he needs to have a chip on his shoulder. My problem is they made him toi young when I'd prefer if he was older and more settled in life. I already had about 12 years of teen/20-something Spider-Man. I do think he should be more critical of iron Man

  3. #2358
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, but doesn't Tony fight evil capitalists too? And it's not like street crime is some horrible epidemic nowadays. I hardly see Peter trying to tackle the root causes of low income crime more than any other hwro does.

    Anyway, I didn't really think he needs to have a chip on his shoulder. My problem is they made him toi young when I'd prefer if he was older and more settled in life. I already had about 12 years of teen/20-something Spider-Man. I do think he should be more critical of iron Man
    So you get why I'm not exactly looking forward to more of this characterization then?

  4. #2359
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    7,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    So you get why I'm not exactly looking forward to more of this characterization then?
    I think I can see why.

    Personally, I like this version despite not liking everything about it. I just want him to be more independent in the next movie and future installments, but i like seeing him interact with other heroes. I don't mind the current supporting cast either. This is far from my ideal Spider-Man but it does enough for me. And he's still not nearly the worst or least accurately adapted character in thr MCU by far.

  5. #2360
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,731

    Default

    Meh.

    In the comics Spider Man's baddies had just enough money to carry out thier plans and stole to finance thier more ambitious schemes.
    He had way more problems with crime bosses masked and unmasked then he did with evil industrialists.

    That was really only a thing with the 90's revamped "evil all along" Norman Osborne. As opposed to the Jekyll/Hyde character of the 60's comics.

    Norman Osborne been done twice in the movies and killed off both times. It's not surprising in the least that the MCU didn't want to revist him (and Harry) yet again.

    I give the MCU version of Spider Man credit for taking Vulture's classic motivation ( I got screwed out of my business and I want revenge) and making it relevant to the MCU (I got screwed by Tony Stark and I want revenge).

    This is probably as interesting as the Vulture can ever get. It's the Vulture, there wasn't much to begin with.

  6. #2361
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    7,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Meh.

    In the comics Spider Man's baddies had just enough money to carry out thier plans and stole to finance thier more ambitious schemes.
    He had way more problems with crime bosses masked and unmasked then he did with evil industrialists.

    That was really only a thing with the 90's revamped "evil all along" Norman Osborne. As opposed to the Jekyll/Hyde character of the 60's comics.

    Norman Osborne been done twice in the movies and killed off both times. It's not surprising in the least that the MCU didn't want to revist him (and Harry) yet again.

    I give the MCU version of Spider Man credit for taking Vulture's classic motivation ( I got screwed out of my business and I want revenge) and making it relevant to the MCU (I got screwed by Tony Stark and I want revenge).

    This is probably as interesting as the Vulture can ever get. It's the Vulture, there wasn't much to begin with.
    Yeah, he hasn't always fought against the evil industrialists as much as other heroes.

    I was surprised how well he was done in the MCU. Tbh, Peter Parker has several years of appearances in movies, varying in quality of course, but still basically the same character. That's more than I can say for a lot of Marvel heroes. So while the MCU version is far from perfect, I'm not exactly bothered by these changes

  7. #2362
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, he hasn't always fought against the evil industrialists as much as other heroes.

    I was surprised how well he was done in the MCU. Tbh, Peter Parker has several years of appearances in movies, varying in quality of course, but still basically the same character. That's more than I can say for a lot of Marvel heroes. So while the MCU version is far from perfect, I'm not exactly bothered by these changes
    Only thing I find weird is the 100% avoidance of mentioning his uncle. It is kinda nuts. Avoiding it in movie one just so it doesn't feel like the retold story... fine. But not mentioning him in #2 is just... bizarre.

    And I find this upcoming likely multiverse story to be stupid. Especially since the last movie ended in such an interesting place to the point it might actually feel like Peter Parker.

    But... I hated the Tobey movies and Garfield movies were.... eh. So whatever I suppose.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  8. #2363
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    7,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Only thing I find weird is the 100% avoidance of mentioning his uncle. It is kinda nuts. Avoiding it in movie one just so it doesn't feel like the retold story... fine. But not mentioning him in #2 is just... bizarre.

    And I find this upcoming likely multiverse story to be stupid. Especially since the last movie ended in such an interesting place to the point it might actually feel like Peter Parker.

    But... I hated the Tobey movies and Garfield movies were.... eh. So whatever I suppose.
    I liked Tobey 1/2. The rest, not so much.

    I get why they don't mention his uncle anymore. He's dead, and I can't see Peter just mentioning him again. Maybe he will in NWH.

    Speaking of which, I don't mind seeing Alfred Molina return as Doc Ock, but I'm not at all interested in seeing Tobey and Andrew return. While I think Andrew is more of the ideal age for an MCU Spider-Man, both of those Peters are defunct, and I'd rather just focus on Tom's Peter as he deals with the events of the last movie.

  9. #2364
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I liked Tobey 1/2. The rest, not so much.

    I get why they don't mention his uncle anymore. He's dead, and I can't see Peter just mentioning him again. Maybe he will in NWH.
    So is Stark and they mentioned his death every 5 minutes.

    If anything, Starks death should have been twice as hard becuase he's lost two "mentors" now. He basically lost his dad and then turned around and lost his "mentor"

    He knew tony stark for... 5 years maybe? What is the timeline between CW to IW?
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  10. #2365
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    7,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So is Stark and they mentioned his death every 5 minutes.

    If anything, Starks death should have been twice as hard becuase he's lost two "mentors" now. He basically lost his dad and then turned around and lost his "mentor"

    He knew tony stark for... 5 years maybe? What is the timeline between CW to IW?
    That's probably because he just died a few months before FFH. Although I think he only knew him from 2016 to 2018, then briefly in 2023

  11. #2366
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    China is too big of a market, unfortunately. Corners will be cut and concessions made. We may not hear about them back here in the US, but it will happen. It always does.
    What kind of corners and concessions? They've already come out and said that it's going to have a 45 day release window. They should just release the movie as is. If they do any cuts it'll be basically to the entire movie.

  12. #2367
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    66,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Only thing I find weird is the 100% avoidance of mentioning his uncle. It is kinda nuts. Avoiding it in movie one just so it doesn't feel like the retold story... fine. But not mentioning him in #2 is just... bizarre.

    And I find this upcoming likely multiverse story to be stupid. Especially since the last movie ended in such an interesting place to the point it might actually feel like Peter Parker.

    But... I hated the Tobey movies and Garfield movies were.... eh. So whatever I suppose.
    I get they don't want to rehash the origin stuff or what the audience is already used to, but the fact that they go so out of their way to not mention such a focal and important figure to Peter or the whole reason he's Spider-Man, in favor of him gushing over or focusing on Tony Stark, just doesn't feel right.

    And I just really don't get what they're doing with the third movie. It's like, he can't have villains who aren't connected to Tony Stark, so let's pull from the Multiverse?

  13. #2368
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    7,344

    Default

    I can't be sure what NWH is doing because they haven't really given a lot of plot details

  14. #2369
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get they don't want to rehash the origin stuff or what the audience is already used to, but the fact that they go so out of their way to not mention such a focal and important figure to Peter or the whole reason he's Spider-Man, in favor of him gushing over or focusing on Tony Stark, just doesn't feel right.

    And I just really don't get what they're doing with the third movie. It's like, he can't have villains who aren't connected to Tony Stark, so let's pull from the Multiverse?
    Yeah, there is a BIG middle ground between "doing something different" and "going out of the way to not mention" lol. Huge

    Yeah this third movie is bonkers. Having his identity revealed automatically sets up whatever villain(s) they want to use. He'd have a whole list of people trying to kill him and his family and his friends. The movie rights itself but looks like we are going to get Multiverse shit because Sony sucks.

    The Sony deal was a mistake and I will die on that hill. Sucked for CW (I find the spider-man side quest to be grown inducing, fights were cool though I guess) and has been "meh" movie wise.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  15. #2370
    Fantastic Member chicago_bastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    320

    Default

    They did address the Uncle Ben incident in Civil War, they just didn't spell it out. That is actually called good screenwriting. Not that McFeely/Markus did an overall great job, but in this particular case they did it right.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •