Page 71 of 774 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171571 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 11606
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Can you stop with this? It's really not about iRoN mAn NoT sHoWiNG uP or whatever. It's about the fact that there are like a whole lot of things in AOS that should have affected the movies too but the movies never acknowledged it, and all of the connections were only one-sided. Even Chloe spoke about it once, how Marvel Studios ignored AOS' existence.
    Since MCU is going Multiverse AOS can be written off as an alternate timeline or to make it even simpler they need to be completely ignored.
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-12-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member

They could have revealed AoS is the timeline where Thanos and his crew are from. The ones that jumped from 2014 to Endgame’s 2023. Thus leaving the gap for villains like the Kree in Season 5.

That way, the Avengers movie, The Dark World, and Winter Soldier still effects the series like it did in earlier seasons. But stuff like Inifnity War and Endgame wouldn’t affect the series.

But it’s too late for that now anyway.

Actually. You could establish AoS timeline is the result of one Captain America returning one Infinity stones groups: Return to New York 2012, Return to Asgard 2013, or return to space 2014 like I suggested.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 05-12-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Sigh. I wish Marvel Studios had taken over the live-action TV side from the beginning. It's annoying that we still have to discuss and figure out how the Marvel TV shows fit into the MCU because they clearly didn't do a good job in synergizing the TV and film sectors. I can't wait for Marvel to officially canonize or uncanonize these shows so we can move on already. I know there's a real possibility that Feige will just keep things in a limbo and never talk about it again, but I think that's much worse, because it means so many good characters will never see the light of day for as long as the current MCU exists. I take a reboot/recast over that; people will bitch and moan, but they will get over it at some point. But stringing fans along, letting them build up hopes for something that has no future? That's just straight-up cruel.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-12-2020 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Sigh. I wish Marvel Studios had taken over the live-action TV side from the beginning. It's annoying that we still have to discuss and figure out how the Marvel TV shows fit into the MCU because they clearly didn't do a good job in synergizing the TV and film sectors.
    I agree. It looks like Disney+ will achieve what the original efforts wanted to do but couldn't. I mean, I think the shows were part of the same continuity but that doesn't mean I think it was done *well.*

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bennett played Quake for years, even in cartoons, I don't think people would respond well to a recasting.
    I think the people who watched SHIELD and/or the cartoons would be a bit disgruntled by it, but I don't think there's enough of those people to really cause any waves for Disney/Marvel if they did decide to recast.

Now, I'd like to see Bennet keep the role if Quake were to move into the movies. But it ultimately depends on how Marvel wants to handle the stuff was that done by other studios. They may want a clean break from any content Marvel Studios didn't directly oversee, and that would probably force a recasting. On the other hand, they've done stuff like have Jarvis show up in Endgame, which tells us they're still not afraid of acknowledging non-Marvel Studios stuff either (despite D+), so I can see it going either way. But if Quake does show up in a Secret Avengers project or something, I'm rooting for Bennet.

Can you stop with this? It's really not about iRoN mAn NoT sHoWiNG uP or whatever. It's about the fact that there are like a whole lot of things in AOS that should have affected the movies too but the movies never acknowledged it, and all of the connections were only one-sided. Even Chloe spoke about it once, how Marvel Studios ignored AOS' existence.
    Well, three things; 1. like I said, I'm not interested in this argument again, I was just replying to someone else's question. If you disagree with me fine, you do you, but I still think the logic behind the "they're not the same continuity" argument is flawed as f**k. But think what you like. 2. yes the show did stuff you'd expect the movies to talk about, yet stuff happens in the movies that other movies should talk about and don't, so that's just a cheap double standard. And the dynamic between tv and film being one-way does not refute the fact that they're still the same continuity, it just shows that the continuity wasn't handled as well as we could wish it had been. 3. My saying "Tony didn't show up" is just short hand way of expressing the general idea, not a central (or even fully literal) aspect of the argument.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, three things; 1. like I said, I'm not interested in this argument again, I was just replying to someone else's question. If you disagree with me fine, you do you, but I still think the logic behind the "they're not the same continuity" argument is flawed as f**k. But think what you like. 2. yes the show did stuff you'd expect the movies to talk about, yet stuff happens in the movies that other movies should talk about and don't, so that's just a cheap double standard. And the dynamic between tv and film being one-way does not refute the fact that they're still the same continuity, it just shows that the continuity wasn't handled as well as we could wish it had been. 3. My saying "Tony didn't show up" is just short hand way of expressing the general idea, not a central (or even fully literal) aspect of the argument.
    Well, the impression I got is that you talk about it like that to make it seem like the concern of the shows' canonicity is silly, like "Lol just because RJD or whatever main character isn't on it they say it doesn't count". When there's in fact valid reasons to question things that go far beyond that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Sigh. I wish Marvel Studios had taken over the live-action TV side from the beginning. It's annoying that we still have to discuss and figure out how the Marvel TV shows fit into the MCU because they clearly didn't do a good job in synergizing the TV and film sectors. I can't wait for Marvel to officially canonize or uncanonize these shows so we can move on already. I know there's a real possibility that Feige will just keep things in a limbo and never talk about it again, but I think that's much worse, because it means so many good characters will never see the light of day for as long as the current MCU exists. I take a reboot/recast over that; people will bitch and moan, but they will get over it at some point. But stringing fans along, letting them build up hopes for something that has no future? That's just straight-up cruel.
    That question was answered as soon as Fiege made his tv division, everything outside that isn't canon in the MCU. Marvel's been shifting in that direction for years, now they've finally cemented it. The "It's all connected" spiel was marketing, which only really mattered in Agents of SHIELD season one and even that wasn't direct. IIRC the show runners still were left out of the details outside the broad strokes of Winter Soldier's plot.

Extraordinary Member

So now Disney is making a live action adaptation of their 90s Hercules film.

I guess that makes it more likely they won’t bring Marvel Hercules into the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So now Disney is making a live action adaptation of their 90s Hercules film.

I guess that makes it more likely they won’t bring Marvel Hercules into the MCU.
    Well, current MCU Thor is pretty Hercules-like now so I guess they don't have to...

Well, the impression I got is that you talk about it like that to make it seem like the concern of the shows' canonicity is silly, like "Lol just because RJD or whatever main character isn't on it they say it doesn't count". When there's in fact valid reasons to question things that go far beyond that.
    Ah, no no. It's just easier to type that than "Despite having a few solid points, the argument that the tv side of the MCU is somehow a separate reality from the films is rife with flawed logic that doesn't hold up under scrutiny." No, I totally recognize that the argument goes deeper than just "RDJ never showed up! Sad! Different continuity!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, current MCU Thor is pretty Hercules-like now so I guess they don't have to...
    I don't think we'll be seeing Herc anytime soon anyway, even if the Disney cartoon wasn't getting a live action treatment. They're still not quite done with Thor, and the Eternals are on their way. I suspect that's enough mythology based IP's for the MCU right now.

But weren't the Eternals mistaken for the Greek pantheon in the comics or something? The MCU might say they're the same, so we'd have "Herc" in that way.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I don't think we'll be seeing Herc anytime soon anyway, even if the Disney cartoon wasn't getting a live action treatment. They're still not quite done with Thor, and the Eternals are on their way. I suspect that's enough mythology based IP's for the MCU right now.

But weren't the Eternals mistaken for the Greek pantheon in the comics or something? The MCU might say they're the same, so we'd have "Herc" in that way.
    I mean, it seems like they've given up on the Asgardians as a mythological fantasy society so maybe that's what the Eternals will fulfill if they don't want to touch the Greek Pantheon.

GOTG3 begins shooting on February 1, 2001 in Atlanta.
    Black Panther II begins shooting on March 1, 2021 in Australia.
    New Mutants will be released on August 28, 2020.

Extraordinary Member

Before the Hulk leaves the MCU, I really want to see him face off against the Maestro.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    GOTG3 begins shooting on February 1, 2001 in Atlanta.
    Wow, they started early on that!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Before the Hulk leaves the MCU, I really want to see him face off against the Maestro.
    I think Maestro would be great as the next multi-phase Big Bad, myself.

~ Black Panther.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

At first they were acknowledged as the representatives of the gods to their worshipers but over time they indeed were mistaken as the gods themselves; and the growing resentment by the Olympians lead to a brief war (Zeus and Zuras were exchanging barbs at each other). But how much of that will be referenced in the movie remains to be seen, if at all.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES