Page 23 of 773 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123523 ... LastLast

Gotta wrap up the Mordo thing eventually too
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Avengers vs. X-Men would be redundant. We already had Civil War, we don't need another one, and they would have to re-introduce the Phoenix Force after next year's Dark Phoenix, and have a House of M type film if they want to keep the essence of the original story, which Disney has been doing so far. They should go with Onslaught or something that has them working together, not another clash. Sequel events don't work in the comics, they may not work in films.
    Avengers vs X-Men doesn’t have to be about the Phoenix Force any more than the MCU Civil War was about the Superhuman Registration Act but really about three men’s relationships tearing their team apart. The logical catalyst would be of course Magneto - he shows up and battles the X-Men in their movie, becomes the boogeyman for people against mutants, the Avengers are called to fight him after his latest attack and then meet the X-Men for the first time, who have different ideas on Magneto, and so they clash. It’s logical to have the teams opposed in ways first before either something like Galactus or Onslaught and then being brought to Battleworld to face the Beyonder and finally a god empowered Doctor Doom to unite together alongside the Fantastic Four and the other heroes...

Marvel technically had Avengers vs. X-Men twice before the line wide event. And there was not Phoenix force involved at all. Heck no psychic redheads were even in the second one.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I think the closest thing we’ll get to AvX will be secret Wars, maybe in phase 5 or 6

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I think the closest thing we’ll get to AvX will be secret Wars, maybe in phase 5 or 6
    Secret Wars is definitely the route the next act of the MCU should be headed towards, assuming that the X-Men and Fantastic Four can be secured so they can be introduced with Phase 5. Phase 4 should probably head towards Secret Invasion and have Dark Reign with Norman Osborn and the Dark Avengers spin out of that. Whilst GOTG and Nova can use Annihilation to further the cosmic stuff and introduce Galactus for him to eventually threaten Earth...
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 12-17-2018 at 08:30 AM.

OK this persons MCU Tribute is awesome its got everyone

The Avengers (All), Spider-Man, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Wong, Ant-Man, Wasp, Captain Marvel, Guardians of the Galaxy, Agent Carter, Howling Commandos, Valkyrie, Sif, Punisher, Defenders, Ghost Riders (Both), Runaways, AoS (Including Deathlock and Mockingbird), Cloak and Dagger, and even Inhumans.

Last edited by Jokerz79; 12-17-2018 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Gotta wrap up the Mordo thing eventually too
    Yeah, there's no way the sequel doesn't have Strange vs. Mordo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    OK this persons MCU Tribute is awesome its got everyone

The Avengers (All), Spider-Man, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Wong, Ant-Man, Wasp, Captain Marvel, Guardians of the Galaxy, Agent Carter, Howling Commandos, Valkyrie, Sif, Punisher, Defenders, Ghost Riders (Both), Runaways, AoS (Including Deathlock and Mockingbird), Cloak and Dagger, and even Inhumans.

This makes me miss Earth's Mightiest Heroes again...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, there's no way the sequel doesn't have Strange vs. Mordo.

This makes me miss Earth's Mightiest Heroes again...
    That show's theme song was sooo epic!
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    That show's theme song was sooo epic!
    That it was .

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    AvX is easy money, just remember the scale doesn't need to be as large and they will change a story ala Civil War. I will be shock if we don't get a AvX in some form

What big storyline makes sense to use

1. Secret Invasion- Skrulls secretly infilitate Earth seem very doable

2. Civil War 2-Heroes clashing over "minority report" style situation also seem very workable

3.Secret Empire- Cap goes bad takes over the world.Simple

4. Annihilation/Annihilation: Conquest-Rag tag group faces heroes down Annihilation wave for the fate Universe

5.Secret War- The Russo say they want to direct and this one of the big classic stories

They messed up the chances for World War Hulk but if they find another trigger smart Hulk smashing heroes would be a good event movie. I also think Infinity/Times runs out and Ultimatum are good enough broad out lines to tell stories

Exactly, honestly if they just have two teams of Avengers and X-Men fighting they’ll have nailed the concept, the two teams have often had different opinions on various matters so it would make sense if they don’t initially trust each other in the MCU, especially if by then the Avengers will have a solid reputation as a team and people will distrust the X-Men, especially if as I said they use Magneto and his Brotherhood as a bit of a boogeyman to many people who fear mutants. Marvel needs to have some solid and complex villains who could be heroes around once Tom’s Loki is off the table, and both Magneto and Doctor Doom and maybe even Galactus fall into that camp.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Exactly, honestly if they just have two teams of Avengers and X-Men fighting they’ll have nailed the concept, the two teams have often had different opinions on various matters so it would make sense if they don’t initially trust each other in the MCU, especially if by then the Avengers will have a solid reputation as a team and people will distrust the X-Men, especially if as I said they use Magneto and his Brotherhood as a bit of a boogeyman to many people who fear mutants. Marvel needs to have some solid and complex villains who could be heroes around once Tom’s Loki is off the table, and both Magneto and Doctor Doom and maybe even Galactus fall into that camp.
    I hope we don't see a lot of Magneto in the MCU because he's always been the villain or a villain in every single X-Men film we got. Half of Dark Phoenix is going to be dedicated to him...again. I hope Disney chooses to give a new face to the X-Men villains. He could appear on the Scarlet Witch's show even. We haven't seen Mister Sinister, the Hellfire Club (First Class doesn't count), the Brood, etc. Maybe we'll even see more Sentinals. The MCU is probably going for a more epic X-Men. They'll probably include them in the Avengers, i.e. Uncanny Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I hope we don't see a lot of Magneto in the MCU because he's always been the villain or a villain in every single X-Men film we got. Half of Dark Phoenix is going to be dedicated to him...again. I hope Disney chooses to give a new face to the X-Men villains. He could appear on the Scarlet Witch's show even. We haven't seen Mister Sinister, the Hellfire Club (First Class doesn't count), the Brood, etc. Maybe we'll even see more Sentinals. The MCU is probably going for a more epic X-Men. They'll probably include them in the Avengers, i.e. Uncanny Avengers.
    Whilst I agree that Magneto has been a major part of the Fox movies and probably should be not dominating the MCU movies he's just too interesting as a parallel of the team and Professor X not to include somewhere - the first X-Men film really needs to set itself apart enough from the 2000 Fox movie and they could still include him, plus it's fun to imagine how he might tackle the Avengers and Fantastic Four as well. That said I totally want to see more X-Men villains on screen - Mister Sinister would be a perfect alternative to Magneto as an opponent, and the Brood as a nice sci-fi horror flick with the team too (hopefully introducing Lockheed as the Brood's rival whilst we're at it). And I would love to see the Uncanny Avengers realized on screen too once the Avengers and X-Men have enough history.

The only big event that I see as being very likely is Secret Invasion. It's a totally different kind of "aliens attack" story than what we've had so far. The build up of making us guess who is and isn't a Skrull is easy marketing. And with the Skrulls being introduced at the end of a Phase, with the next Phase hyped as being "different," and Captain Marvel being set in the past, giving the Skrulls time to dig in deep? It's too obvious and awesome to *not* be part of the plan. Its just a question of whether that'll be a big, far-reaching MCU-wide thing like Thanos, or be contained to a single movie like Civil War.

I feel like Annihilation might be semi-likely. The destruction wrought by Thanos will have ripple effects worth exploring. Even discounting the Snap (it'll be reversed), we've witnessed the fall of Asgard and Nidavellir, we know the other Realms are under threat (Thor mentions it briefly in Ragnarok), the destruction of major political powerhouses in Xandar and the Nova Corps, the death of a Celestial with Ego, and maybe the death of an Eternal with Thanos. Not to mention that right now, what's left of Thanos' armies are still out in the galaxy, left on their own, without generals or leaders. If hordes of outriders and Chi'tari were bad under Thanos' control, now they're rabid dogs off the leash. If there're any left at all. It's a great time to adapt Annihilation and bring some new cosmic faces into the game.

But beyond that.....I have no idea where Marvel might go. Didn't Fiege say that Phase 4 was going for smaller scope and putting more focus on individual properties, rather than big team ups, with maybe a guest star (like Hulk in Ragnarok) now and then?

This is a dumb question, but right now I can't think of a big company wide Event that focused on Galactus. All I can think of are stories within a single book, with maybe one or two other titles occasionally joining in. But nothing line-wide.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.