Page 241 of 777 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341741 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 11642

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    She does have that. But even then, I always saw some level of inconsistency with the power levels in the MCU. Of course, that's probably inevitable to some extent with such a big fictional universe, but it can make it hard for me to suspend disbelief at times
    At least it wasn't as inconsistent as Avengers Assemble Widow...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least it wasn't as inconsistent as Avengers Assemble Widow...
    Oh, how was that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Well, the real reason is because the Black Widow's look was redesigned after the British 'spy-fi' show The Avengers became a hit in the States, with Diana Rigg's leather-wearing, kung fu practicing Emma Peel influencing Natasha's look.

In the show, of course, Steed and Peel were not spies but spy-catchers, amongst other things, but the iconic look kind of remained 'spy-adjacent' in the public consciousness for a long while.
    According to John Romita the influence for her redesign wasn't Peel but rather Miss Fury: https://twomorrows.com/comicbookarti.../06romita.html
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    According to John Romita the influence for her redesign wasn't Peel but rather Miss Fury: https://twomorrows.com/comicbookarti.../06romita.html
    Oooh, didn't know that. Probably someone mentioned the resemblance once and I misunderstood.

Edit: Ah, it was the non-powered Silver Age Wonder Woman who was influenced by Emma Peel. That got completely mixed-up with BW in my head.
    Last edited by Panic; 08-16-2021 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Oh, how was that one?
    She had random super strength when the plot required her too .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She had random super strength when the plot required her too .
    Ah, the old plot-convenient superpower. That's always helpful. A little too helpful, tbh

Ben Kingsley will return as Trevor Slattery the fake Mandarin in Shang-Chi.
    Unlike Black Widow, Shang-Chi takes place in the post-Endgame MCU present.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Ben Kingsley will return as Trevor Slattery the fake Mandarin in Shang-Chi.
    Unlike Black Widow, Shang-Chi takes place in the post-Endgame MCU present.
    So, would it be the latest in the MCU timeline?

T-Challa becoming Star-lord is the one I'm most curious about. I'm hoping they do more off-kilter choices like it.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-17-2021 at 10:03 AM.

Mighty Member

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...ve-movies.html

Not sure if this website is a sham site like We Got this Covered and if it is...apologies. But, interesting if it's true.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...ve-movies.html

Not sure if this website is a sham site like We Got this Covered and if it is...apologies. But, interesting if it's true.
    It’s a logical option. HBO is doing it already, Lucasfilm is doing the Droids animated movie exclusively and the GOTG Christmas Special is basically the same thing. I wouldn’t be surprised if Deadpool 3 ends up being released that way.

Ultimate Member

Maybe that would be a better option considering the ongoing pandemic

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Ok, who was lucky to snag those exclusive IMAX tickets for yesterday's Shang-Chi one-day screening?

https://twitter.com/shangchi/status/1427631306733588480

And with the general opening still not yet here, Marvel is already starting to promote Eternals.

Entertainment Weekly: Hope Springs: Go behind the scenes of Marvel's Eternals
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

I'm honestly more excited for Shang-Chi and MoM than Eternals. This still looks good, but those 2 sound much more interesting to me

Mighty Member

One thing I'm curious about is Chris Hemsworth's Thor. He's said over the years he loves playing Thor and will keep doing it as long as Marvel wants him. But now there's the Jane Foster situation in Thor: Love and Thunder. Rumors going around that it's his last one. Assuming that is the case, Natalie Portman is 40 this year. How long could she play Lady Thor? I'm guessing it's a one off. And if it is, how long does Hemsworth have? He looks in pretty good shape and appears to be jacked as all get out for T:L&T.