Page 179 of 773 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279679 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 11593

Loki takes over the streaming world:

'Loki' is the biggest TV series in the world — and it reached the top faster than Disney+'s other Marvel shows
    https://www.***************.com/disn...nd-data-2021-6

Disney+'s latest Marvel series, "Loki," is the biggest show in the world.

"Loki" became the most in-demand series in the world across all platforms faster than Disney's other Marvel Cinematic Universe shows, including "WandaVision" and "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier," according to the research company Parrot Analytics. The company measures "audience demand," which reflects the desire of and engagement with, or overall popularity, of a series.

The data suggests that Disney+'s Marvel shows are growing in popularity with each new series.

By June 16, seven days after it debuted, "Loki" was 89.9 times more in demand than the average show worldwide, lifting it to the top. It took "WandaVision" 14 days after its premiere to become the most in-demand global series and "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier" eight days.

Disney CEO Bob Chapek said last week that "Loki" was Disney+'s biggest premiere yet (Disney did not release viewership numbers and did not respond to a request from Insider on how it counts a view).

With "Loki's" success, Disney is moving its future original shows from Fridays to Wednesdays, including upcoming Marvel and "Star Wars" series. Shows like "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier" and "The Mandalorian" found success with Friday debuts, but "Loki" debuts weekly on Wednesdays.

The shift means that Disney won't be competing with
    Netflix
    , which typically releases new seasons all at once on Fridays.

Parrot Analytics said that it expects demand to build for "Loki" week over week as new episodes are released.

Marvel Reportedly Has No Plans for WandaVision and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Blu-Ray Releases
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...dier-blu-rays/
    Last edited by Witchfan; 06-21-2021 at 10:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Been seeing some articles with rumors the they will bring back Finn Jones....just to kill him off.

I get that Iron Fist was not that great a series...but I do not put that on Finn's shoulders. I personally blame the writers. I would love to see all the Netflix cast brought back and given better stories in the MCU. As for Iron Fist and Luke Cage....just go with Heroes for Hire. Give origins for them both in the first half of the movie and team up 1/2 way through to take down the bad guy.

Ultimate Member

Are any of these articles actually credible? Because I wouldn't worry unless they were

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Been seeing some articles with rumors the they will bring back Finn Jones....just to kill him off.

I get that Iron Fist was not that great a series...but I do not put that on Finn's shoulders. I personally blame the writers. I would love to see all the Netflix cast brought back and given better stories in the MCU. As for Iron Fist and Luke Cage....just go with Heroes for Hire. Give origins for them both in the first half of the movie and team up 1/2 way through to take down the bad guy.
    I'd add Danny to SWORD personally. Just put him with Woo and Darcy

Mighty Member

https://www.cbr.com/loki-confirms-se...u-protagonist/

God, every day is something about MCU couples and are they gay or not? Did Sam and Bucky bang each other on the plane before their mission? No, they did not. Why can't two characters male or female just have a deep friendship without sexuality coming into play? Sam and Bucky are friends nothing more. They're brothers in arms fighting for the greater good. Now, every week something about Loki's sexuality. Great, he's bi. Who cares? That's not why people watch the MCU. They watch for fun and adventure and character interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/loki-confirms-se...u-protagonist/

God, every day is something about MCU couples and are they gay or not? Did Sam and Bucky bang each other on the plane before their mission? No, they did not. Why can't two characters male or female just have a deep friendship without sexuality coming into play? Sam and Bucky are friends nothing more. They're brothers in arms fighting for the greater good. Now, every week something about Loki's sexuality. Great, he's bi. Who cares? That's not why people watch the MCU. They watch for fun and adventure and character interactions.
    LOL. Loki is a canonically LGBT character, even if Marvel rarely acknowledges that. This is literally the first time he has ever been acknowledged to be such in the MCU. And he's been in the MCU for 10 fucking years.

"Great, he's bi. Who cares?"

Well, first of all clearly you care enough to bitch about it. Second, it obviously does matter, in a positive way, to a lot of people. Including the director of the show herself.

"That's not why people watch the MCU. They watch for fun and adventure and character interactions."

...And? Did Loki being confirmed as bi take away any fun and adventure and character interaction? No. In fact it happened on a fun scene with two characters interacting while going through an adventure.

Plus: The whole talk about Sam and Bucky was about Mackie complaining about people making it gay, exactly like you're doing here. So if anything there's nothing for homophobes to be upset about.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    LOL. Loki is a canonically LGBT character, even if Marvel rarely acknowledges that. This is literally the first time he has ever been acknowledged to be such in the MCU. And he's been in the MCU for 10 fucking years.

"Great, he's bi. Who cares?"

Well, first of all clearly you care enough to bitch about it. Second, it obviously does matter, in a positive way, to a lot of people. Including the director of the show herself.

"That's not why people watch the MCU. They watch for fun and adventure and character interactions."

...And? Did Loki being confirmed as bi take away any fun and adventure and character interaction? No. In fact it happened on a fun scene with two characters interacting while going through an adventure.

Plus: The whole talk about Sam and Bucky was about Mackie complaining about people making it gay, exactly like you're doing here. So if anything there's nothing for homophobes to be upset about.
    Just to be clear I'm not a homophobe. If a character's sexuality straight bi or whatever is canon in the comics and they can make it part of the story and it helps progress the story organically, then fine go for it. My issue is that they might make characters a certain way down the line which isn't true to their characters simply to please a certain demographic. It becomes fanfiction at that point.

Just to be clear I'm not a homophobe. If a character's sexuality straight bi or whatever is canon in the comics and they can make it part of the story and it helps progress the story organically, then fine go for it. My issue is that they might make characters a certain way down the line which isn't true to their characters simply to please a certain demographic. It becomes fanfiction at that point.
    I doubt Marvel is gonna suddenly start making a ton of characters gay or bi. Like Sam and Bucky? That's not something to worry about. There's a ton of fangirls shipping, but that's it. I thought it was kinda rude for Mackie to be so upset about it and take a dig at them, but technically he's not wrong that canonically they're just friends and people are projecting.

Thing is that there has been like, 0 representation in the MCU so far. And there's a lot of discourse about what Disney is willing to allow, and what does it mean for china and etc. So every time that they take another step, it's gonna be news. In fact, everything about the MCU is news somehow. There's gonna be a gay character in Eternals and in that case it is a change. But then, almost half the cast there has been changed in gender and race and etc too, because they're very obscure. And then there's characters like the Young Avengers that will be introduced. In that case it's in the comics, but people are still gonna be talking a lot about it.

In case of Loki, I doubt it's gonna change anything about the story anyway (even though I feel like there's an opportunity to if they wanted), and seems like something the director pushed for rather than an effort on Marvel's part.

It becomes fanfiction at that point.
    This is comics bro. Fan fiction is a crucial part of it.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

TRAILER ALERT! Marvel Studios just posted on its FB page that:

"Tonight! Don’t miss the brand-new trailer for Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings during NBA Countdown on ESPN. Experience it in theaters September 3rd."

Expect it to drop on YouTube soon after. Keep your eyes peeled!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    TRAILER ALERT! Marvel Studios just posted on its FB page that:

"Tonight! Don’t miss the brand-new trailer for Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings during NBA Countdown on ESPN. Experience it in theaters September 3rd."

Expect it to drop on YouTube soon after. Keep your eyes peeled!
    Awesome. Looking forward to seeing it.

Are You Loki, Falcon, Or Scarlet Witch Based On The Choices You Make?
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/noahyuppers...id=1#127248902

Mighty Member

Just saw the trailer for Shang-Chi and it looks great! Hopefully we get some kind of callback to IM 1 since it started with Tony getting captured by the Ten Rings organization. And seeing Abomination and what looks like Wong is way awesome.

Just saw the trailer for Shang-Chi and it looks great! Hopefully we get some kind of callback to IM 1 since it started with Tony getting captured by the Ten Rings organization. And seeing Abomination and what looks like Wong is way awesome.
    Abomination looking more like his comic self was a treat.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

I hope we get a call back as well. I think this is a good opportunity to expand on the Ten Rings and to provide some new interesting context to what they were doing in Iron Man.