Page 177 of 224 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 3355
  1. #2641
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    https://deadline.com/2021/06/marvel-...cy-1234774597/

    I'm all for inclusion/diversity but why do the producers have to keep hammering the point home? Like, we get it. Besides this already started way back with Thor, then Guardians and Black Panther. Don't put agendas over good storytelling and characterization. That's all I ask.
    I would argue that increased diversity of characters and storytellers ensures good storytelling and characterization.

    When the source material came out there was an agenda to only show white characters because publishers were afraid of alienating conservatives. Demanding that all current and future adaptions keep them white is also an agenda.

  2. #2642
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I would argue that increased diversity of characters and storytellers ensures good storytelling and characterization.

    When the source material came out there was an agenda to only show white characters because publishers were afraid of alienating conservatives. Demanding that all current and future adaptions keep them white is also an agenda.
    That's a good point. Never thought about it that way. Looking forward to Ms. Marvel. Should be a good series

  3. #2643
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I would argue that increased diversity of characters and storytellers ensures good storytelling and characterization.

    When the source material came out there was an agenda to only show white characters because publishers were afraid of alienating conservatives. Demanding that all current and future adaptions keep them white is also an agenda.
    Exactly. Agendas change, and that's a good thing.

  4. #2644
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    https://deadline.com/2021/06/marvel-...cy-1234774597/

    I'm all for inclusion/diversity but why do the producers have to keep hammering the point home? Like, we get it. Besides this already started way back with Thor, then Guardians and Black Panther. Don't put agendas over good storytelling and characterization. That's all I ask.
    Because folks don't get it.

    Remember what you are seeing the FINAL product not everything that went behind it. Including the fights to keep this and that in a show or movie and casting.

    Remember Static Shock? Static is black yet the network wanted him to be WHITE.

    John Boyega had to go through way more auditions before he got cast as Finn-DESPITE Abrams wanting him for that role from day ONE.

    When it comes to POC-studios have zero issue excluding or dumping us or sticking us with crappy stories or leaving us as eye candy.

    I should NOT have to battle for say a Falcon or Static or Black Panther book when all three have had shows or movies with them as the lead.

    Yet someone suggests giving Slapstick or Foolkiller one is met with OKAY.

  5. #2645
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because folks don't get it.

    Remember what you are seeing the FINAL product not everything that went behind it. Including the fights to keep this and that in a show or movie and casting.

    Remember Static Shock? Static is black yet the network wanted him to be WHITE.

    John Boyega had to go through way more auditions before he got cast as Finn-DESPITE Abrams wanting him for that role from day ONE.

    When it comes to POC-studios have zero issue excluding or dumping us or sticking us with crappy stories or leaving us as eye candy.

    I should NOT have to battle for say a Falcon or Static or Black Panther book when all three have had shows or movies with them as the lead.

    Yet someone suggests giving Slapstick or Foolkiller one is met with OKAY.
    Yet apparently Hollywood is a bastion of evil socialism according to some

  6. #2646

    Default



    I thought it was a cool theory about how Loki (TV) would end.

  7. #2647
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because folks don't get it.

    Remember what you are seeing the FINAL product not everything that went behind it. Including the fights to keep this and that in a show or movie and casting.

    Remember Static Shock? Static is black yet the network wanted him to be WHITE.

    John Boyega had to go through way more auditions before he got cast as Finn-DESPITE Abrams wanting him for that role from day ONE.

    When it comes to POC-studios have zero issue excluding or dumping us or sticking us with crappy stories or leaving us as eye candy.

    I should NOT have to battle for say a Falcon or Static or Black Panther book when all three have had shows or movies with them as the lead.

    Yet someone suggests giving Slapstick or Foolkiller one is met with OKAY.
    When do people have to fight for a Black Panther book?
    He's one of the Marvel characters that consistently has an ongoing, meanwhile with Static a large part of the reason he doesn't get a book is the rights issues with Milestone, and do you have a citation for WB wanting Static to be white? Because this is first I'm hearing of it
    Meanwhile you're comparing them to Foolkiller and Slapstick meanwhile the most these characters get are guest spots in a Deadpool book and 5 issues minis that can be counted on one hand, while Falcon being pushed as his own solo character is a more recent thing since he was a part of Captain America's supporting cast but still made more appearances and featured in more stories than those two.

    Like don't get me, I understand your point and I agree but feels like your example doesn't work with these characters.

  8. #2648
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    848

    Default

    https://www.cbr.com/tyrese-gibson-mo...ony-backtrack/

    Not sure why Tyrese would say that Morbius was part of the MCU. I'm glad that Sony clarified this. It would create even more confusion if it was. Having Michael Keaton's Vulture in there already confuses things.

  9. #2649
    Astonishing Member Witchfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,161

    Default

    Scarlet Witch & New Captain America Feature In MCU Hyundai Advertisement
    https://cloutnews.com/scarlet-witch-...advertisement/

    First Look At Jane Foster’s Thor Costume Revealed In Love & Thunder Merch
    https://screenrant.com/thor-4-love-t...2rGN3nWsSNqtWY
    Last edited by Witchfan; 06-16-2021 at 10:39 AM.

  10. #2650
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Scarlet Witch & New Captain America Feature In MCU Hyundai Advertisement
    https://cloutnews.com/scarlet-witch-...advertisement/

    First Look At Jane Foster’s Thor Costume Revealed In Love & Thunder Merch
    https://screenrant.com/thor-4-love-t...2rGN3nWsSNqtWY
    So Jane's not going to be a blonde in her transformed state?

  11. #2651
    Astonishing Member Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Jane's not going to be a blonde in her transformed state?


    Will she at least have a beard?

  12. #2652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/tyrese-gibson-mo...ony-backtrack/

    Not sure why Tyrese would say that Morbius was part of the MCU. I'm glad that Sony clarified this. It would create even more confusion if it was. Having Michael Keaton's Vulture in there already confuses things.
    Maybe he didn't know or just forgot?

    Honestly I'd just say the Sonyverse is another part of multiverse. It makes it easier to understand and sets up crossovers etc.

    They get to have their cake and eat it.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-17-2021 at 07:04 AM.

  13. #2653
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Why didn't Avengers: Endgame have an end credits scene? Yeah, I know the Russos wanted to wrap some plot threads up, but I'm a little surprised that there wasn't a tease about SOMETHING at least.

  14. #2654
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Why didn't Avengers: Endgame have an end credits scene? Yeah, I know the Russos wanted to wrap some plot threads up, but I'm a little surprised that there wasn't a tease about SOMETHING at least.
    i think they wanted this to seem like a finale for the 1st 3 phases without worrying about setup.

    I heard Vision was supposed to appear in a post-credits scene but that was scrapped.

  15. #2655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Why didn't Avengers: Endgame have an end credits scene? Yeah, I know the Russos wanted to wrap some plot threads up, but I'm a little surprised that there wasn't a tease about SOMETHING at least.
    I thought the ending in the movie worked as setup. Gamora came back and left, setting up Guardians 3. Sam gets the Shield etc.

    Mik is probably right.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-18-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •