Page 176 of 230 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 3445
  1. #2626
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    69,069

    Default

    The whole "fate is already sealed thanks to the sacred timeline" is probably why the TVA isn't long for this world.

  2. #2627

    Default

    I'm wondering if New Gamora is gonna have a run-in with the TVA. Maybe she'd pop up in Loki ?

  3. #2628
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. Kenway View Post
    i'm wondering if new gamora is gonna have a run-in with the tva. Maybe she'd pop up in loki ?
    oh snap good point
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

  4. #2629
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    I simply don't understand why people can't wait and see more of the TVA and what the show has planned for the organization instead of just going "It's dumb bad and everything is terrible now!"
    Like good lord give the show some time we're only on episode 1.
    It's cause the hook is bad, played out, and is full of more holes than a block of swiss cheese. If someone wants to suck it up that's fine but I'm within my right to call it out and take my time elsewhere.

    Disney+ already has my money so if I feel like I'm better off watching something else, that's fine. It's not like the various comic writers who need people to stick around in order to remain employed, the show has already wrapped and you gain access to it through the sub. So if I want to jump ship I can do that, they already have my money.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  5. #2630
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It's cause the hook is bad, played out, and is full of more holes than a block of swiss cheese. If someone wants to suck it up that's fine but I'm within my right to call it out and take my time elsewhere.

    Disney+ already has my money so if I feel like I'm better off watching something else, that's fine. It's not like the various comic writers who need people to stick around in order to remain employed, the show has already wrapped and you gain access to it through the sub. So if I want to jump ship I can do that, they already have my money.
    You're proving my exact point.
    We are only on episode 1, and you're not giving the show any sort of time sort of time to explore this stuff you're just calling it bad because you say it is.

  6. #2631
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It's cause the hook is bad, played out, and is full of more holes than a block of swiss cheese. If someone wants to suck it up that's fine but I'm within my right to call it out and take my time elsewhere.

    Disney+ already has my money so if I feel like I'm better off watching something else, that's fine. It's not like the various comic writers who need people to stick around in order to remain employed, the show has already wrapped and you gain access to it through the sub. So if I want to jump ship I can do that, they already have my money.
    Your right to do that, but I think you're prematurely jumping ship. Oh well, one more hater off the MCU boat.

  7. #2632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    oh snap good point
    They could team up- buddy cop style.

  8. #2633
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm wondering if New Gamora is gonna have a run-in with the TVA. Maybe she'd pop up in Loki ?
    I don't think so. I think the first episode basically had a way out for Gamora (and Steve too) by saying that the Avengers weren't arrested because ''their actions were supposed to happen''. I think that is a convenient plot point to explain the double standard of why Loki is there, but not Gamora or anyone else who diverged from their original path.

    Off-universe, she can't be there because that would obviously throw a wrench on James Gunn's plans for GOTG3. I suspect they brought her back precisely so Gunn could finish her story on his own terms, and you can't have other writers/directors messing with that.

  9. #2634
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The whole "fate is already sealed thanks to the sacred timeline" is probably why the TVA isn't long for this world.
    Kang will walk in the TVA and do the dastardly deed and then fall in love with Renslayer

  10. #2635
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    69,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Kang will walk in the TVA and do the dastardly deed and then fall in love with Renslayer
    I do wonder what they're going to do with her considering her connection to Kang.

  11. #2636
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The whole "fate is already sealed thanks to the sacred timeline" is probably why the TVA isn't long for this world.
    Yeah, it seems pretty heavily foreshadowed that Loki will end up tearing down the TVA by the end of the series (becoming the person he was brought in to fight) to release the multiverse to flourish, and we the audience will be cheering him on and recognizing that it's right that he does so, by that point.

  12. #2637
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do wonder what they're going to do with her considering her connection to Kang.
    She's not totally evil in the comics, right? I think she's just married to Kang, so Idk if she'd go along with his evil plans.

  13. #2638
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do wonder what they're going to do with her considering her connection to Kang.
    The actress actually said the show is an origin story for Ravonna, so she could become the character she is in the comics. So my guess is that she has an original story for the most part, and it will build up towards an ending where they'll hint (or show) a connection to Kang.

  14. #2639
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    859

    Default

    https://deadline.com/2021/06/marvel-...cy-1234774597/

    I'm all for inclusion/diversity but why do the producers have to keep hammering the point home? Like, we get it. Besides this already started way back with Thor, then Guardians and Black Panther. Don't put agendas over good storytelling and characterization. That's all I ask.

  15. #2640
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    https://deadline.com/2021/06/marvel-...cy-1234774597/

    I'm all for inclusion/diversity but why do the producers have to keep hammering the point home? Like, we get it. Besides this already started way back with Thor, then Guardians and Black Panther. Don't put agendas over good storytelling and characterization. That's all I ask.
    Diversity can be good storytelling and characterization though

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •