Page 6 of 761 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    WOuld it not make sense to bring Hela and Thanos together since he "courts Death"? Maybe Cate Blanchett only wanted to do one movie? Maybe Thanos AND Hela would be too powerful for even the Avengers?
    Well, there's precedent in the comics for Thanos and Death, and Hela is an aspect of Death (and they've toyed with Hela-Thanos in some recent story, I guess?) so it makes some sense that way. But the MCU Thanos isn't chasing after Death, he's trying to manage planetary populations and prevent a universal resources crisis, not get down with some chick. Having him get with Hela could be interesting, but it wouldn't be the same dynamic as what we see in the comics at all.

Still, Cate Blanchett isn't an actress you waste, especially in a one-dimensional one-off role like Ragnarok's Hela (her performance is the only reason the character wasnt the absolute worst). Hela could easily have survived the destruction of Asgard. And I'd definitely like to see her return.

The biggest question, it seems to me, is whether Thanos is worth bringing back after Avengers 4 (regardless of where the story leaves him). It took years to build up to Infinity War, and that movie accomplished the impossible by making the wait worthwhile. Whatever happens in the next movie, however it all plays out, will it leave anything worth saying about Thanos in its wake?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

@Ascended
    You said it much better than myself. I was surprised how much I liked Brolin's Thanos and I'm a blank slate when it comes to cosmic Marvel.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

If the MCU wants to do a Thanos/Hela dynamic or pairing somehow, in my opinion I believe they should do the reverse of what happens in the comics but slightly different.

Assuming Hela is alive (surviving Surtur's blow and the snap) and floating somewhere in the cosmos, she should get wind of and feel the wave of death Thanos has sent across the universe and be attracted to him. Now, Hela doesn't come across as the kind of being that's capable of having romantic feelings for someone, so I think if they play off her attraction to Thanos as a combination of fascination, infatuation, and admiration, then it could work. We already know she takes delight in killing and causing pain, so it can work like that.

This leaves Thanos to be the one to never return those feelings, as he is far less concerned with causing 'unnecessary' death and the one person he has ever truly loved was Gamora. This way his motivations aren't changed at all, but you can still have that dynamic in an interesting way that makes sense in the MCU.

In my opinion, with the release of Avengers: Infinity War, the opportunity to develop Thanos with either Death or Hela has passed. His motivations have been made abundantly clear and they don't involve either female. He wants to streamline the universe, it's that simple.

Youtuber Matt Solazo has a video on why Hawkeye isn't useless.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Young Coulson in the Trailer!

Ultimate Member

Yeah that's cool and intriguing. Admittedly Brie's voice is a bit, softer, than I'd imagined Carol's being. But, it still kind of works I think.

spoilers:
    I normally am not a huge fan of "amnesia" plotlines. But here, it kind of is intriguing and makes sense.
    end of spoilers

It was solid but I kept waiting for the money shot.

aka... "oh **** Carol ain't no joke" thing. Since they keep teasing how powerful she really is.

Solid for a first teaser I suppose. More personal and down to earth than I expected.

The de-age tech is dope
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'm glad they included her helmet. From that very brief scene with her projecting energy from her hands hopefully it will be visually distinct from Wanda's aside from color.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Young Coulson in the Trailer!
    With more hair!

I squealed a bit when I saw him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It was solid but I kept waiting for the money shot.

aka... "oh **** Carol ain't no joke" thing. Since they keep teasing how powerful she really is.

Solid for a first teaser I suppose. More personal and down to earth than I expected.

The de-age tech is dope
    I get what you mean, something to sell the movie but I'd prefer not to see a lot in the trailer. I want to be pleasantly surprised when the movie comes and be thrilled then. A stellar, exciting finished product will do more for it in the long run and win even the skeptics (**like myself**) over.

I'm not a Carol fan but this has me intrigued and very eager to watch the movie.

It's like Sam Jackson appeared in this immediately after Die Hard 3.

Captain Marvel is such a hero for punching an old lady!

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    If the trailer is accurate and the Kree seemingly tied Carol to a machine and wiped her memories essentially, then it'd give her plenty of reason to turn on them once she realized what colossal A-holes they can be.
    end of spoilers