Page 217 of 760 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317717 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 11387

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    So far Eternals looks as lifeless as a painting in a museum as any other Indie movie.
    Yup.

I look forward to a real trailer to change my mind though.

But I can't remember seeing a MCU teaser and going, ".... yikes..." before lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yup.

I look forward to a real trailer to change my mind though.

But I can't remember seeing a MCU teaser and going, ".... yikes..." before lol
    It's not on the top of my list either, because I'm not really familiar with them that much, and most of them seem to have very basic superpowers. But I don't really base my expectations too much on trailers because they can be misleading

With Eternals I feel like I just need to see more, I'm only kind of worried about them downplaying Sersi's personality and how they'll handle the Deviants.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With Eternals I feel like I just need to see more, I'm only kind of worried about them downplaying Sersi's personality and how they'll handle the Deviants.
    Why would they downplay her personality? Isn't she the main Eternal in this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    No problem. I like Cheadle and Jackson so I'm glad to see them getting attention. I also think War Machine needs more development. I always thought he showed up too early in the MCU to get the focus he needed. But i'm also interested in seeing the future legacy of Iron Man after Tony Stark is gone.

As for Secret Invasion, it sounds cool, although Idk how much it'll resemble the comics version. I like Fury and Talos and I'm happy to see them return. Skrulls actually sound like espionage-type foes in a superhero spy world, instead of "super soldiers", IMO. Like I said earlier, I do hope some actual superheroes show up. Maybe Hulkling will. I'd like to see Spider-Woman show up to deal with Skrulls but I doubt it'll happen
    Well, Cheadle and Jackson will have absolutely no problems carrying their shows. They're very seasoned professionals. Rudd, Cumberbatch and Hemsworth are also strong in that category. I like a lot of other characters and performers, but I don't have as much confidence in them to elevate THEIR projects. I DO think Ruffalo will be really important to She-Hulk's success though. I don't know anything about Secret Invasion, but if they go the "Mission Impossible" route and have folks pretend that they're other folks, that would be so much fun. I read that Feige said that Secret Invasion had even more characters in it in the comics than there were characters in the Endgame movie. And he wanted to focus MOSTLY on Fury and Talos. So I don't think Secret Invasion's gonna be TOO crowded. I agree with that decision. I do think Maria Hill should be in the show though. I haven't seen Cobie Smulders in ages. And I wonder if Fury will actually say "************" in Secret Invasion. I would love to see that.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-20-2021 at 12:41 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Well, Cheadle and Jackson will have absolutely no problems carrying their shows. They're very seasoned professionals. Rudd, Cumberbatch and Hemsworth are also strong in that category. I like a lot of other characters and performers, but I don't have as much confidence in them to elevate THEIR projects. I DO think Ruffalo will be really important to She-Hulk's success though. I don't know anything about Secret Invasion, but if they go the "Mission Impossible" route and have folks pretend that they're other folks, that would be so much fun. I read that Feige said that Secret Invasion had even more characters in it in the comics than there were characters in the Endgame movie. And he wanted to focus MOSTLY on Fury and Talos. So I don't think Secret Invasion's gonna be TOO crowded. I agree with that decision. I do think Maria Hill should be in the show though. I haven't seen Cobie Smulders in ages. And I wonder if Fury will actually say "************" in Secret Invasion. I would love to see that.
    I'm not super familiar with Tatiana Maslany but I hear she's a good actress. All the other returning and new characters in She-Hulk sound cool too

I think SI will have some level of deceit and subterfuge, naturally because the supposed enemy, the Skrulls, are good at that. I think it would be a good place for Maria Hill to return and actually do something in these movies. I don't need a lot of superheroes but someone with some connections to the Skrulls, like Monica Rambeau, would work. Many have speculating Hulkling might show up here but I can't say that for sure.

It would be funny if Fury got to drop one "f-bomb"

I'm not super familiar with Tatiana Maslany but I hear she's a good actress. All the other returning and new characters in She-Hulk sound cool too

I think SI will have some level of deceit and subterfuge, naturally because the supposed enemy, the Skrulls, are good at that. I think it would be a good place for Maria Hill to return and actually do something in these movies. I don't need a lot of superheroes but someone with some connections to the Skrulls, like Monica Rambeau, would work. Many have speculating Hulkling might show up here but I can't say that for sure.

It would be funny if Fury got to drop one "f-bomb"
    Not too familiar with Maslany myself either, but I also have heard good things about her. I know this is gonna sound like a very sexist comment, but I hope they get Smulders in Secret Invasion for a specific reason. She's almost forty. Think about it. Some of these broads we've been watching in the past dozen years or so have aged QUITE a bit in my opinion. Jaimie Alexander, Emily VanCamp, Natalie Portman, Rachel McAdams, Scarlet Johansson, Zoe Saldana, Elizabeth Olsen and others. They all were pretty young when they first joined the MCU. But they don't look that way to me now. I don't wanna see 45-55 year-old ladies doing the superhero thing. (although I must say Salma Hayek and Angelina Jolie don't look TOO old to me). It'd be just weird to me. For the dudes, I think it's less of an issue. They're judged less by their appearance than females are in my view. I know it's a lousy double-standard, but I think it's there.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-20-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Not too familiar with Maslany myself either, but I also have heard good things about her. I know this is gonna sound like a very sexist comment, but I hope they get Smulders in Secret Invasion for a specific reason. She's almost forty. Think about it. Some of these broads we've been watching in the past dozen years or so have aged QUITE a bit in my opinion. Jaimie Alexander, Emily VanCamp, Natalie Portman, Rachel McAdams, Scarlet Johansson, Zoe Saldana, Elizabeth Olsen and others. They all were pretty young when they first joined the MCU. But they don't look that way to me now. I don't wanna see 45-55 year-old ladies doing the superhero thing. (although I must say Salma Hayek and Angelina Jolie don't look TOO old to me). It'd be just weird to me. For the dudes, I think it's less of an issue. They're judged less by their appearance than females are in my view. I know it's a lousy double-standard, but I think it's there.
    I don't think that double standard should exist. Older women can do just as well as older men if they get a chance. Frankly, women should be judged less about their looks

Why would they downplay her personality? Isn't she the main Eternal in this?
    Because I just don't see an MCU movie putting a hedonistic female lead in the main role without making her more "standard."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Because I just don't see an MCU movie putting a hedonistic female lead in the main role without making her more "standard."
    Most of these characters aren't hedonistic though. They downplayed Tony's hedonism, for the better i would say.

Most of these characters aren't hedonistic though. They downplayed Tony's hedonism, for the better i would say.
    I think it's still kind of there with Tony, he just got character development, but I think it's a major factor in Sersi's personality.

I guess they could 2003 Teen Titans Starfire her.

I don't think that double standard should exist. Older women can do just as well as older men if they get a chance. Frankly, women should be judged less about their looks
    You won't get any disagreement there from my end!

I don't think that double standard should exist.
    For real. The fact that the double standard exists is reason to defy it, not allow it to persist. I mean, come on, look at Michelle Pfeiffer; girl's too old for Playboy so she's got no worth? Let's forget about "Janet Van Dyne; former hero and current quantumrealm demigod" because Pfeiffer isn't 25 anymore? Just because women reach "a certain age" doesn't mean they don't deserve the chance to kick ass, especially if equally old men are getting to.

And I bet Pfeiffer still looks better than half of our wives.

As for Armor Wars and Secret Invasion....I'm hyped for both of them. Honestly, I've been pretty excited about all the shows featuring lesser used Avengers. It's been great seeing these guys, who've been on screen for years, finally get fleshed out and really explored as characters. Great format for doing it too. Cheadle and Jackson can obviously carry their shows, and they've got the two plotlines I'm most interested in seeing. And I think Renner and Steinfeld are going to knock Hawkeye out of the park too.

With Secret Invasion, I'm actually hoping we *don't* see many/any heroes. Maybe one superhuman for muscle; Monica or Vision or (re)-introduce Quake or someone. Don't need more than that. We're getting Fury leading SWORD, presumably with Talos and his faction of Skrulls, against an invasion so secret the heroes don't even know about it. That's a cool ass hook, and between the shape-shifting aliens and the super advanced sci-fi technology of SWORD I feel like heroes would just clog things up. Let's see some super spies, not super heroes, in this thing yknow? And if Hill doesn't appear in this I'm gonna be pissed.

I'm quite interested in seeing how the MCU handles the idea of Stark's technology spreading across the globe too. "What do you do with all of Stark's tech after he's gone?" is a really interesting question, a compelling story for Rhodes, and it has potential to radically alter the landscape. I feel like the MCU isn't afraid of drifting away from the real world these days; stuff from the Blip is still driving a lot of narratives, the multiverse is shaping up to have a pretty big impact on the setting....I'm curious to see how far Fiege will push the envelope, and Armor Wars is a fantastic place to do some of that.

Oh, quick fan theory based on nothing. It's been long enough for minor Widow spoilers right? Ignore the next paragraph if you don't wanna see 'em.

So that particular fight that Red Guardian mentions? Happened somewhere in the early-mid 80's right, according to Red's flawed memory? Weren't Hank and Janet active around that same time? And we know the government has continued to attempt to create super soldiers, from Bradley in F&tWS to Banner in Incredible Hulk. So what're the odds that Red's totally correct....but it wasn't Steve Rogers he fought? And what if this 80's Cap worked with a couple shrinking SHIELD agents, and maybe a couple other heroes, as the "first" Avengers? Totally awful, I know, but I'd laugh my ass of if, after all this time seeing Young Avengers getting set up, Fiege was really sneaking in the Old Avengers instead.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    For real. The fact that the double standard exists is reason to defy it, not allow it to persist. I mean, come on, look at Michelle Pfeiffer; girl's too old for Playboy so she's got no worth? Let's forget about "Janet Van Dyne; former hero and current quantumrealm demigod" because Pfeiffer isn't 25 anymore? Just because women reach "a certain age" doesn't mean they don't deserve the chance to kick ass, especially if equally old men are getting to.
    I'm glad we agree on that. I'm tired of Hollywood giving older women the short end of the stick. A lot of the main male Avengers were already 40+ when they were cast

And I bet Pfeiffer still looks better than half of our wives.

As for Armor Wars and Secret Invasion....I'm hyped for both of them. Honestly, I've been pretty excited about all the shows featuring lesser used Avengers. It's been great seeing these guys, who've been on screen for years, finally get fleshed out and really explored as characters. Great format for doing it too. Cheadle and Jackson can obviously carry their shows, and they've got the two plotlines I'm most interested in seeing. And I think Renner and Steinfeld are going to knock Hawkeye out of the park too.

With Secret Invasion, I'm actually hoping we *don't* see many/any heroes. Maybe one superhuman for muscle; Monica or Vision or (re)-introduce Quake or someone. Don't need more than that. We're getting Fury leading SWORD, presumably with Talos and his faction of Skrulls, against an invasion so secret the heroes don't even know about it. That's a cool ass hook, and between the shape-shifting aliens and the super advanced sci-fi technology of SWORD I feel like heroes would just clog things up. Let's see some super spies, not super heroes, in this thing yknow? And if Hill doesn't appear in this I'm gonna be pissed.
    I don't totally agree on the Secret Invasion because I'm not as interested in basic powerless h2h action in the MCU when I can see that elsewhere. I feel the MCU didn't use a lot of the heroes with interesting powers well enough as it is. MCU super-spies are lame IMO, because spy doesn't not equal superhuman. But it doesn't have to be an explosion-fest to be interesting.

I'm quite interested in seeing how the MCU handles the idea of Stark's technology spreading across the globe too. "What do you do with all of Stark's tech after he's gone?" is a really interesting question, a compelling story for Rhodes, and it has potential to radically alter the landscape. I feel like the MCU isn't afraid of drifting away from the real world these days; stuff from the Blip is still driving a lot of narratives, the multiverse is shaping up to have a pretty big impact on the setting....I'm curious to see how far Fiege will push the envelope, and Armor Wars is a fantastic place to do some of that.

Oh, quick fan theory based on nothing. It's been long enough for minor Widow spoilers right? Ignore the next paragraph if you don't wanna see 'em.

So that particular fight that Red Guardian mentions? Happened somewhere in the early-mid 80's right, according to Red's flawed memory? Weren't Hank and Janet active around that same time? And we know the government has continued to attempt to create super soldiers, from Bradley in F&tWS to Banner in Incredible Hulk. So what're the odds that Red's totally correct....but it wasn't Steve Rogers he fought? And what if this 80's Cap worked with a couple shrinking SHIELD agents, and maybe a couple other heroes, as the "first" Avengers? Totally awful, I know, but I'd laugh my ass of if, after all this time seeing Young Avengers getting set up, Fiege was really sneaking in the Old Avengers instead.
    People who can shrink sound like better spies than what Marvel actually gives us. I'd be cool with young Hank & jan, and I'm generally not a prequels kind of guy

With Armor Wars, I'd like to see how stuff like the nanotech affects things. I'd like scenes of Stark technology changing the average person's life

I don't totally agree on the Secret Invasion because I'm not as interested in basic powerless h2h action in the MCU when I can see that elsewhere. I feel the MCU didn't use a lot of the heroes with interesting powers well enough as it is. MCU super-spies are lame IMO, because spy doesn't not equal superhuman. But it doesn't have to be an explosion-fest to be interesting.
    I get it. The high concept stuff, Superman and Thor and New Gods, that's where I live. Those are my favorite comics. But I also want variety, and different perspectives, different themes and genres. I wanna mix it up sometimes yknow?

And it's not like Fury is some grubby, street level vigilante here. He's living in a space station that looks like it fell out of Star Trek and running with one of the most dangerous and capable alien races at Marvel. The highest ranking Skrull we've seen on screen apparently *works* for the guy. This is *not* a low key narrative. It's just a different kind of super power; "authority" as something you can flex, like super strength. But if it's not your cup of tea, it's not your cup of tea. Hopefully you've enjoyed the other stuff they've been doing, and enjoy what comes next.

With Armor Wars, I'd like to see how stuff like the nanotech affects things. I'd like scenes of Stark technology changing the average person's life
    I'm re-reading the old Fraction run of Iron Man, and just hit the arc where he builds the RT car and goes public with the battery tech. Tony was going to save the world from the energy crisis by putting the RT in everything from toasters to planes. Of course the comics never let him pull it off, but I'd love to see the MCU adopt a similar approach and stick with it. Maybe at the end of Armor Wars, Rhodes realizes he can't keep Tony's tech out of everyone's hands, so he removes the advantage by giving it to everybody, and scenes end up with red and gold RT baby bottles (call back to IM1!) and cars and everything else. I don't know, if the MCU is willing to step away from the real world with the Snap and all else, then I'd like to see the guy who started it all honored in such a way.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.