Page 79 of 773 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179579 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 11592

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we're going to get a better "fun Hulk" than we got with Ruffalo, or at least more character accurate. I don't expect any direct fourth wall breaking.

From what I know of her, she's great at playing multi-faceted characters so that should be perfect for Jen.

Titania as a villain is a must.
    If you mean Endgame Hulk, I'm pretty sure the point *was* that he was a poor fit for a "happy" character. A happy Hulk was a very unsettling sight, and I'm sure that was intentional. Jen will certainly be more light hearted and fun in a way that's actually meant to be fun and light hearted instead of creepy and weird.

I don't really expect any fourth wall breaking either, but you never know. Wandavision looks so zany I wouldn't put it past them.

Totally agree about Titania!

I'm really surprised people still thought this was going to happen.
    Well, I mean, budgets yknow? A proper looking cgi Hulk is not a cheap thing to produce and She-Hulk is far more "normal" in her proportions than Banner is. And while its been said these shows will have "movie-like" budgets, that doesn't necessarily mean "full blown Avengers sized" budgets either, where you can afford your main character being a completely cgi thing. I wouldn't have been surprised if they had grabbed someone like Gina and some green paint and saved themselves a lot of money. I'm glad they're not, I'm just saying it wouldn't have surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    They backed out of the deal only to come back crawling like a month after, so... doesn't sound like they are THAT ready to let the MCU go. I think Sony needs Marvel a lot more than Marvel needs Sony, tbh.
    Sony definitely needs Marvel more than Marvel needs Sony. And Sony did come crawling back immediately, but have you ever known a big corporation like that to set their pride aside and learn a lesson? I won't be surprised at all if Sony tries to break away again. The next time they put out a semi-successful Spider film, they'll get it in their heads again that they can do it without Marvel.

There's been rumors that Marvel will have a production heavily featuring S.W.O.R.D., but it's not clear what it is yet. Some people think that it'll be in a rumored Secret Invasion kind of show, others think it might just be in Captain Marvel 2. We know the organization appears in WandaVision too, but other than that, nothing's confirmed right now.
    Okay. That's what I figured; even a decent rumor of a new show seems like too big a thing for me to totally miss, but you never know.

As for Quake... if you're referring to all of the fans spamming social media talking about her, that's just AOS fans being annoying, LOL.
    Thought so. But hey, let's give the AoS fans their time to grieve. Hell, I wouldn't mind at all if Fiege *did* bring Bennet's Quake into the films/D+. She'd be a good fit with the rest of the MCU cast and they could use her without having to dredge up the tv history. But I'm not holding my breath, I figure the odds of that happening are slightly better than the odds of Charlie Cox returning as Daredevil, and that has a snowball's chance in hell of happening.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If you mean Endgame Hulk, I'm pretty sure the point *was* that he was a poor fit for a "happy" character. A happy Hulk was a very unsettling sight, and I'm sure that was intentional. Jen will certainly be more light hearted and fun in a way that's actually meant to be fun and light hearted instead of creepy and weird.
    I don't think it was meant to be unsettling. Just different (and goofy). The only time they really dipped into Hulk's horror roots in the movies with Ruffalo and had Hulk actually come off like something to be afraid of was when Banner first transformed in the original Avengers film.
    I don't really expect any fourth wall breaking either, but you never know. Wandavision looks so zany I wouldn't put it past them.
    If they do it I think it will probably not be in as direct a way as the Deadpool films (WandaVision have the excuse of reality warping).
    Well, I mean, budgets yknow? A proper looking cgi Hulk is not a cheap thing to produce and She-Hulk is far more "normal" in her proportions than Banner is. And while its been said these shows will have "movie-like" budgets, that doesn't necessarily mean "full blown Avengers sized" budgets either, where you can afford your main character being a completely cgi thing. I wouldn't have been surprised if they had grabbed someone like Gina and some green paint and saved themselves a lot of money. I'm glad they're not, I'm just saying it wouldn't have surprised me.
    Compared to normal Hulk I think people would've really given a side-eye if they had just gone that route. It would make it look like She-Hulk is on a cable show and not a "prestige" MCU show.

Compared to normal Hulk I think people would've really given a side-eye if they had just gone that route. It would make it look like She-Hulk is on a cable show and not a "prestige" MCU show.
    Yeah probably, but a lot of people weren't expecting the budgets for these shows to be big enough to lift something like a fully cgi character. Hell, at this point all we have to base anything on is Mandalorian and the Wandavision trailer and I'm *still* not convinced they can do it justice. The few cgi characters in Mando look fine, but are seldom seen, quite different from a main character who'll be eating up most of the screen time.

But then, sometimes I forget how cheap cgi has become too. And don't get me wrong, I trust Fiege and the dude knows what he is about, but I never took "movie-like budget" to mean "actual" movie sized budget.

And professor Hulk was *totally* meant to be weird and unsettling (and goofy, yes). Look at how everyone reacts to him; there's not a single "wow Bruce you finally came to peace with yourself! Look what you accomplished after years of inner struggle!" every single character is freaked out by him, and he's just about the only happy person on earth; the fact that Hulk didn't find happiness until everything was broken? Not a coincidence.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And professor Hulk was *totally* meant to be weird and unsettling (and goofy, yes). Look at how everyone reacts to him; there's not a single "wow Bruce you finally came to peace with yourself! Look what you accomplished after years of inner struggle!" every single character is freaked out by him, and he's just about the only happy person on earth; the fact that Hulk didn't find happiness until everything was broken? Not a coincidence.
    Weird, yeah, considering the last time we saw him and how abrupt a change it was, but it didn't come off like it was supposed to be unsettling, just this thing that happened because we need characters to move faster than the story can focus on.

This does kind of remind me that instead of fat jokes maybe The Avengers could've spent more time trying to get through to Thor, especially when Rocket of all people was the one who seemed to put more effort into it of anyone, if only out of necessity.

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is now confirmed to have been moved to 2021.

I saw the Wandavision trailer and it was something else.

New Thor film tipped to relocate to Queensland as NSW continues to battle the COVID-19 pandemic
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-pandemic.html

Liv Tyler has dropped out of her TV show. Does that mean she is returning to the MCU to play Betty Ross again?

Black Widow has been pushed back to May 7, 2021. Eternals has been pushed back to November 5, 2021. Shang-Chi has been pushed back to July 9, 2021.

Updated release dates

WandaVision- December 2020
    The Falcon and the Winter Soldier- early 2021
    Loki- Spring 2021
    Black Widow- May 7, 2021
    Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings- July 9, 2021
    What If...?- Summer 2021
    Eternals- November 5, 2021
    Spider-Man 3- December 17, 2021
    Thor: Love and Thunder- February 11, 2022
    Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness- March 22, 2022
    Black Panther 2- May 6, 2022 (likely to be postponed or cancelled)
    Captain Marvel 2- July 6, 2022
    Hawkeye- 2022
    Ms. Marvel- 2022
    Moon Knight- 2022
    She-Hulk- 2022
    Last edited by Witchfan; 09-23-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I was hoping they'd give up and release it to Disney+, but let's hope and pray they're right that things will be better by next spring.

Extraordinary Member

No MCU movie 2020.

But hey, let’s be grateful we’re still alive to see one next year

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Black Widow has been pushed back to May 7, 2021. Eternals has been pushed back to November 5, 2021. Shang-Chi has been pushed back to July 9, 2021.

Updated release dates

WandaVision- December 2020
    The Falcon and the Winter Soldier- early 2021
    Loki- Spring 2021
    Black Widow- May 7, 2021
    Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings- July 9, 2021
    What If...?- Summer 2021
    Hawkeye- 2022
    Ms. Marvel- 2022
    Moon Knight- 2022
    She-Hulk- 2022
    Marvel Movies Will Return...in 2021!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

WandaVision being the only piece of live-action entertainment we get from Marvel this year. Truly our savior.

Also, why the **** was Eternals pushed to AFTER Shang-Chi? The movie was done already and Shang-Chi hasn't even finished filming!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I was hoping they'd give up and release it to Disney+, but let's hope and pray they're right that things will be better by next spring.
    Same. With news that Mulan was allegedly a hit in PVOD and made more money there than Tenet did worldwide with just movie theaters, I was really hoping that Disney would bite the bullet and go all in with Marvel movies too, but it looks like that's where they draw the line. Marvel is too big and important for movie theaters to have a non-traditional release, I guess.

But blockbuster cinema definitely will have to adapt. There is no guarantee things will be all that better by May, and even if they are, people might still be worried/afraid of large crowds, which could definitely affect the number of people that would go to the movies even after the dust settles, so releasing any movies next year will still be a gamble. They can't keep postponing those movies forever. Something's gotta give if they want to make money.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-23-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    WandaVision being the only piece of live-action entertainment we get from Marvel this year. Truly our savior.

Also, why the **** was Eternals pushed to AFTER Shang-Chi? The movie was done already and Shang-Chi hasn't even finished filming!

Same. With news that Mulan was allegedly a hit in PVOD and made more money there than Tenet did worldwide with just movie theaters, I was really hoping that Disney would bite the bullet and go all in with Marvel movies too, but it looks like that's where they draw the line. Marvel is too big and important for movie theaters to have a non-traditional release, I guess.

But blockbuster cinema definitely will have to adapt. There is no guarantee things be all that better by May, and even if they are, people might still be worried/afraid of large crowds, which could definitely affect the number of people that would go to the movies even after the dust settles, so releasing any movies next year will still be a gamble. They can't keep postponing those movies forever. Something's gotta give if they want to make money.
    Yeah, thank God for Wandavision. It will also have the honour of giving the MCU it's first gay superhero now that Eternals has been pushed back.

As for Eternals coming after Shang-Chi despite already being filmed; allegedly it's because Disney/Marvel wants Eternals to be an awards season contender, premiering in the Autumn will mean it's closer to awards season, and supposedly will help it look more like a "serious film" and not a "summer blockbuster".

Also there was rumours of Kang being in the Loki Disney+ series and when the Jonathan Majors casting announcement was made some people speculated that maybe he was cast so far ahead of time from filming Ant-Man 3 because he'll be in Loki. Now that the movie slate has been pushed back again but Loki has been confirmed to be filming it looks like theory is more likely.

Oh and I 100% agree about about there being no guarantee things will be better next year. It's not just Disney/Marvel either, it seems like all of Hollywood wants to just keep postponing their movies and hope things will suddenly be totally fine next year.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 09-23-2020 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    No way those dates are right. Only six weeks between Eternals and Spider-Man Home 3? And five weeks between Thor 4 and Doctor Strange 2? And four Marvel films in the space of six months? Black Panther 2 won't be the only one postponed, I guarantee it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I doubt they have any clear idea of what the theatrical release schedule will be. By next year they should know if theatrical movies even have a future or if they're just going to give up and switch to video on demand. They're still going ahead with filming this year (COVID permitting) on Thor 4 and possibly Strange 2.

I think their plan is basically to get as much filming done as possible and then see where to put everything. If movie theatres in big cities are viable then they'll release them to theatres; if not, they'll put them on Disney+ for viewers who are starving for MCU content (as the record views for the WandaVision trailer proved).

The catch of course is that the lack of big new movies may make it impossible for movie theatres to stay open even if they're allowed to open. I don't envy anyone running a movie theatre anywhere in the world right now.