Page 124 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2345
  1. #1846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Avengers: Age of Ultron - Hawkeye Should Have Died, Not Quicksilver
    https://www.cbr.com/hawkeye-died-ave...n-quicksilver/
    It would make for an interesting what If? episode .

  2. #1847
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Avengers: Age of Ultron - Hawkeye Should Have Died, Not Quicksilver
    https://www.cbr.com/hawkeye-died-ave...n-quicksilver/
    I agree on the title. IMO Pietro was way more interesting.

    Of course, both could've lived

  3. #1848
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,408

    Default

    I used to think it was a damn shame Quicksilver died; what little we see of Pietro is engaging and interesting and fun and the MCU lost something by writing him out like they did.

    But I've kinda come around on that, and now I think Pietro's death is better *because* he was engaging and interesting and fun and the MCU lost something with his death. There's a real impact felt there. AoU was what, in 2015? Six years ago? We're still talking about Quicksilver and there's always theories about how the actor will reprise the role. That's impressive, really, especially when you think about all the rest of the spectacle in that film and the fact that the MCU has introduced a good dozen or more new characters since then.

    Pietro dying felt like, and still feels like, an actual loss. That's pretty rare, and pretty impactful, I think.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

    ~ Black Panther.

  4. #1849

    Default

    I thought it felt like cheap emotional manipulation, like a Pixar movie. He didn't have much in the story. He was just there to create that emotional punch. But the worst is, that neither movie Pietro has had much in the movies and was pretty cheated.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  5. #1850
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,423

    Default

    I didn't feel it had much impact. IMO killing off characters is overrated, at least in terms of stakes. Civil War had way more emotional stakes and nobody died. Keeping characters alive actually allows us to get to know them, so we get good death scenes like Iron man's

  6. #1851
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,439

    Default

    Count me in the camp in that I don't think we needed an Avenger to die, although I'm not sure what they would have done with Quicksilver otherwise.

  7. #1852
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Count me in the camp in that I don't think we needed an Avenger to die, although I'm not sure what they would have done with Quicksilver otherwise.
    He could've been in Civil War on Cap's side, then Vision could've actually done something in that battle. I assume he'd get snapped in IW. Then maybe he could connect to the Inhumans.

  8. #1853
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    He could've been in Civil War on Cap's side, then Vision could've actually done something in that battle. I assume he'd get snapped in IW. Then maybe he could connect to the Inhumans.
    They could've at least kept him around for civil war and then kill him in Infinity War (in battle) thus keeping the premise of WandaVision around

  9. #1854
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,921

    Default

    QS's death felt more like Joss trying to be clever than it serving any real purpose. The movie also didn't give him enough scenes to make us care about him.

    QS should have survived AoU but defected to Hydra's side then died in the opening of Civil War thereby causing Wanda more anguish. Or Hawkeye should have died in AoU or Civil War and QS takes his place in EG but sacrifices himself to bring back Wanda.

  10. #1855
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    QS's death felt more like Joss trying to be clever than it serving any real purpose. The movie also didn't give him enough scenes to make us care about him.
    Yeah, Joss pulled all the 'foreshadow the death' tropes on Hawkeye in that movie. Everyone dies just after you meet their family, or they tell you about their farm, or they announce that they are two days from retirement, and he seemed to be tugging on all those threads, and then, bait-and-switch, Quicksilver intercepts the kill shot and looks right at the camera and Joss smugly says to the audience (through him), 'Bet you didn't see that coming.'

    Pissed me right off, it was so ham-handed and meta.

    Joss has written some great stuff, and worked with some amazing actors, but he can be a little too impressed with his own brain at times.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 04-15-2021 at 05:44 AM. Reason: The word tele-graph gets censored? Weird.

  11. #1856
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

    Joss has written some great stuff, and worked with some amazing actors, but he can be a little too impressed with his own brain at times.
    He had too much control after Avengers.

    I like AoU but it was too much Whedon. He needed held back a bit.

    I also still think there were shenanigans in regards to Fox and Disney. I think one reason they were ok with killing him off is that "Evan" existed in the Foxverse.

    Or they didn't know WTF to do with a speedster. Speedsters kinda break things, even if Marvel QS was kind of "tame."

    But yeah... killing him off in CW or IW or EG would have meant a lot more without effecting the "future" with WandaVision. "You took everything from me" would have hit even harder if Thanos was responsible for killing them both directly or indirectly.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  12. #1857
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Count me in the camp in that I don't think we needed an Avenger to die, although I'm not sure what they would have done with Quicksilver otherwise.
    In Civil War, he could have been fighting Vision. Give him something to do. Speedster vs phaser battle, where vision eventually knocks him out.

    Then in IW, he rushes in to save Wanda, Thanos uses the time stone to slow him down, and kills him lol.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  13. #1858
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    He had too much control after Avengers.

    I like AoU but it was too much Whedon. He needed held back a bit.

    I also still think there were shenanigans in regards to Fox and Disney. I think one reason they were ok with killing him off is that "Evan" existed in the Foxverse.

    Or they didn't know WTF to do with a speedster. Speedsters kinda break things, even if Marvel QS was kind of "tame."

    But yeah... killing him off in CW or IW or EG would have meant a lot more without effecting the "future" with WandaVision. "You took everything from me" would have hit even harder if Thanos was responsible for killing them both directly or indirectly.
    They didn't nerf Carol Danvers, so I don't think they had to nerf Pietro.

    Idk if he even needed to die at all yet. If he got snapped, then returned, Wanda would've still had a breakdown because she actually had to kill Vision, only for that to be pointless

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    In Civil War, he could have been fighting Vision. Give him something to do. Speedster vs phaser battle, where vision eventually knocks him out.

    Then in IW, he rushes in to save Wanda, Thanos uses the time stone to slow him down, and kills him lol.
    Vision floating around in the airport battle was so dumb. Why give people cool powers only for us to watch Hawkeye shoot lame arrows?

  14. #1859
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,973

    Default

    Here's How Much 'Falcon and the Winter Soldier' Debut Topped 'WandaVision' in Viewership
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/he...BingNewsSearch

    Falcon ranked 7th in its debut week on the Nielsen chart.

  15. #1860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Here's How Much 'Falcon and the Winter Soldier' Debut Topped 'WandaVision' in Viewership
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/he...BingNewsSearch

    Falcon ranked 7th in its debut week on the Nielsen chart.
    So is FatWS struggling or doing well? Because we've gotten both stories this week.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •