Page 36 of 775 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136536 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Marc renounced Judaism. Then he was somewhat forced to worship an Egyptian vengeance god. I fully expect to see his rabbi father though. Wonder if they'll tie Frenchy to that assassin Elektra killed while waiting for her flight.
    Is that something that happened on the Netflix show? If so, then no. These mcu shows won't be acknowledging the shows from marvel television any more than the movies do.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Extraordinary Member

Marvel should cast Bill Goldberg as Ben Grimm.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post

X-Men were all caucasian (Storm was ignored) in their movies

I disagree with this and Storm did had more of role in x-men 3 then the earlier films.

I have not see dark phoenix yet so i don't know how strong her role is in that.

Extraordinary Member

What MCU Film will Spider-Man Appear In - Avengers & Marvel Phase 4 Future

Extraordinary Member

Assuming the next film doesn't necessarily have to be in Phase 4, I'm going to guess Fantastic Four, as his presence would give the new reboot a boost, and he has tons of comic book history with them and Johnny in particular.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I disagree with this and Storm did had more of role in x-men 3 then the earlier films.

I have not see dark phoenix yet so i don't know how strong her role is in that.
    She accompanies others and does a lightshow more than speak.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    She accompanies others and does a lightshow more than speak.
    In dark phoenix?

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    In dark phoenix?
    Yeah. The main characters are Xavier and Magneto, Jean Grey builds up their conflict, and we learn a bit about her childhood. The Phoenix Force technically doesn't exist in the movie... The thing from the trailers is just an nameless energy ball, even though as comic fans, we assumed it was the Phoenix Force. You can just wait for the MCU X-Men. It'll be better.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

When Marvel does AVX it definitely won’t be about the Phoenix. Indeed I suspect it will introduce Magneto and show the Avengers and X-Men fighting over what to do with him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    When Marvel does AVX it definitely won’t be about the Phoenix. Indeed I suspect it will introduce Magneto and show the Avengers and X-Men fighting over what to do with him.
    The question is is it worth doing AvX if the Avengers aren't gonna include RDJ's Tony, Chris Evans' Cap, Scarlett's Black Widow, Hemsworth's Thor, Renner's Hawkeye? Maybe Ruffallo's Hulk will be there at best, and perhaps Hemsworth? But the others won't be there.

But if the Avengers is War Machine, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Ant-Man and so on...it's not really "the Avengers" that audiences want to see fight the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    MCU Avenger vs. X-Men will probably be more akin to Civil War probably. With the mutants being forced to register to the already established Super Hero Registration Act. The Feige MCU's only registered the current Avengers. They'll probably want to expand it and the X-Men won't allow it. They'll stand in for Captain America's position.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The question is is it worth doing AvX if the Avengers aren't gonna include RDJ's Tony, Chris Evans' Cap, Scarlett's Black Widow, Hemsworth's Thor, Renner's Hawkeye? Maybe Ruffallo's Hulk will be there at best, and perhaps Hemsworth? But the others won't be there.

But if the Avengers is War Machine, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Ant-Man and so on...it's not really "the Avengers" that audiences want to see fight the X-Men.
    Sam is likely to be Captain America by the time we get a new Avengers movie, so we’ll have a Captain America in the team. And it’s not like we cannot have Carol or T’Challa leading the team instead. I think the Avengers can be whatever it needs to be. Same with the X-Men.

I wonder if Marvel would be willing to try the Dark Phoenix again, under the idea of "We'll do it better than Fox". I feel like on film, and with the MCU's format, that building up to Dark Phoenix slowly but steadily in a myth arc could be incredible. It just depends on if they're willing to do it.

I think they'll probably do their own variant of AvX at some point, maybe mix their own take of the Phoenix Saga into it, maybe not, but I hope they don't rush into it before they really establish the new Avengers and X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I wonder if Marvel would be willing to try the Dark Phoenix again, under the idea of "We'll do it better than Fox".
    Probably not for a decade or two. Enough time needs to pass for people to forget the Fox series which as yet they haven't. In the interim there needs to be a new crop of X-Men movies to reintroduce to the audiences what made them classic and special to start with. Kevin Feige said that when they do X-Men they will try and foreground obscure and underexposed characters. The problem is that Fox actually did cover a huge swathe of mutants across all eras. They even did Teenage Negasonic Warhead.

My advice would be to focus on Rogue and Gambit. Rogue was de-emphasized after the first 2 X-Men movies. And they never really introduced Gambit. Bring in Storm and so on, and have them face off Mr. Sinister and the Marauders. That would be a change of pace. Then bring in Kitty (barely in the Fox movies), Emma Frost (just one movie and not the Mean Girl Loves Prada X-Woman we all love to hate or hate to love)

The other problem is that they have to recast Wolverine after Hugh Jackman owned that role. That's as big a problem on their plate as replacing RDJ and Chris Evans. Wolverine is the biggest X-Men and eventually people will want that hairy runt, so they are gonna have to recast him. The easiest thing would be to keep Michael Fassbender as Magneto. Magneto is a character with some flexibility in that he can be young and old and Fassbender hasn't aged out yet. He was highly well-received as a successor to Ian McKellen and keeping an actor from an old series in a new continuity is a good idea. As for Xavier, you can keep McAvoy or recast him, my feeling is they should try and de-emphasize Xavier for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they'll probably do their own variant of AvX at some point, maybe mix their own take of the Phoenix Saga into it, maybe not, but I hope they don't rush into it before they really establish the new Avengers and X-Men.
    One way to do it is by adapting Secret Wars, in order to show how insane and crazy timelines are in Battleworld under God Doom you show the X-Men battling the Avengers, only it turns out it's the Fox X-Men including Jackman Wolverine fighting the Whedon Avengers crew. Do that there in one quick sequence of fanservice and that's it, they don't have to touch the series.

What audiences would want is the Fox X-Men or rather an X-Men led by Jackman's Wolverine and maybe McKellen's Magneto versus the Whedon Avengers...not X-Men with unfamiliar actors with Avenges with unfamiliar actors.