Page 154 of 761 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 11410

I don't see Spider-Man ending up on the YA just because of how precarious his position in the MCU is and he would take the spotlight away from the other members.

Plus I don't even really care for him as an MCU Avenger.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume she'll be playing younger like Holland is.
    I guess so.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The javis in endgame is not the same one from the show.
    Different universe, so agent carter is not canon.
    Agent carter is a alternate universe mcu show just like agents of shield.
    It was canon because of ike perlmuterr but not anymore just like daredevil and agents of shield etc..
    The only mcu canon shows are the disney plus shows under marvel studios,not marvel entertainment.
    Any marvel entertainment mcu show is not canon.
    Thanks for clearing that up, Kevin Fiege.

Do you know the status of Namor's rights and whether other Spider-Men will show up in Far From Home? Will there be a Storm movie? /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, with Thor: Love and Thunder, I wonder what Marvel's plan is for Natalie Portman's Jane. Is this just supposed to be a one off? And I see conflicting statements regarding her participation in the MCU itself. Accounts say that she was disappointed that Patty Jenkins got the boot for Thor 2 yet appeared anyway because of contractural obligations and didn't enjoy the experience. And that she wasn't even aware of what she was getting into as far as scope when she signed onto Thor 1. But yet watching the features especially the gag reel that she seemed to enjoy the experience and her cast mates. They talk well of her too. She talked well of Alan Taylor as well. So, confusing. At the same time it's challenging watching Thor: Ragnarok and figuring out what she would do even if she was in the movie. Guess Jane would have felt out of place. But then again, there's a breakup that we didn't see happen offscreen. Now with a missed third movie appearance she suddenly appears and gets Thor powers. Seems kind of jarring to me. Hopefully the movie explains her absence and her relationship with Thor.
    I'm not overall acquainted with her career. Some of her very early stuff was considered solid and stellar. And than it may seem hit and miss for many movie fans or critics.

But I remember there was mentions of grumbles about Thor 1, but a lot of this I take with a grain of salt. Such comments could be very out of context, or even, misleading because in reality, Portman has some anti-fans who savage her for this that and the other.

So I'm happy to hear that she liked the movies and the castmates.

Considering everything else, it could be something we don't know; this director or that producer, etc, finding her a difficult woman for vague reasons.

You know... the kind of thing that doesn't happen as often as male actors.

I'm looking forward to it! It would be nice if a foreshadowing of Jane's plight could come about; like in Loki, maybe?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Teddy will probably be introduced in Secret Invasion.
    I'd be cool with Teddy showing up in Secret Invasion.

I don't see Spider-Man ending up on the YA just because of how precarious his position in the MCU is and he would take the spotlight away from the other members.
    As I recall Holland has a solo film left on his contract, and a couple team-up films. I can see Marvel using one of those final team-ups as a Young Avengers/Champions launch pad, using Spidey's popularity and Holland's final MCU appearance to help market and boost the film's profile. And I don't think it'd overshadow the other characters to a detrimental level; most of them are showing up in the next year or two and will have a chance to stake their own claims in the fandom. Using one of Parker's final appearances just ensures the box office is strong, and once that foundation is put down the sequels can stand on their own without him.

It wouldn't be a situation where they build the team around Parker with the idea of him being central to the franchise, but Parker's the biggest/only teen hero in the MCU right now so him "officially" passing the torch to the new kids in a big team-up? I can see that. Not saying it'll happen but the marketing/business/creative benefits seem pretty obvious.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    As I recall Holland has a solo film left on his contract, and a couple team-up films. I can see Marvel using one of those final team-ups as a Young Avengers/Champions launch pad, using Spidey's popularity and Holland's final MCU appearance to help market and boost the film's profile. And I don't think it'd overshadow the other characters to a detrimental level; most of them are showing up in the next year or two and will have a chance to stake their own claims in the fandom. Using one of Parker's final appearances just ensures the box office is strong, and once that foundation is put down the sequels can stand on their own without him.

It wouldn't be a situation where they build the team around Parker with the idea of him being central to the franchise, but Parker's the biggest/only teen hero in the MCU right now so him "officially" passing the torch to the new kids in a big team-up? I can see that. Not saying it'll happen but the marketing/business/creative benefits seem pretty obvious.
    I think that would be more likely to be a proper Avengers film since those end up being the "event" movies that collect all the heroes and storylines together, although I feel like YA might be more of a Disney+ thing than getting their own film.

Kamala will probably end up taking that role since she has all the classic Spidey dynamics without being stuck with Sony.

I think that would be more likely to be a proper Avengers film since those end up being the "event" movies that collect all the heroes and storylines together, although I feel like YA might be more of a Disney+ thing than getting their own film.

Kamala will probably end up taking that role since she has all the classic Spidey dynamics without being stuck with Sony.
    I think from a narrative standpoint, yeah Kamala will end up filling those "awkward/nerd/Every-teen" shoes once Holland's contract is finished. And it's a great choice, Kamala is a fantastic character and can easily do for a story what Parker does now.

Whether the YA end up on D+ or a film, or even show up at all? We'll see if/when Marvel announces it. My guess would be a film though. The shows might have some really big budgets by tv standards, but I dunno if they're big enough to handle a large ensemble and all the special effects the characters would require.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Miles on YA makes more sense.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Isn't he a Champion though?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Isn't he a Champion though?
    Yes but...

Miles, Kamala (and possibly IronHeart I pay very little attention to the Comics anymore) were also literal Avengers that were young/junior members before quitting to become Champions.

So it's not that hard to finesse them into a Young Avengers team. It would make sense from a branding perspective: the general audience already knows the name.

It would also make sense from an in story perspective as Kamala, Kate, Ri-Ri and whoever else rebuilds a literal Young Avengers team after the last one disbanded and it's leadership either retired or died.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think from a narrative standpoint, yeah Kamala will end up filling those "awkward/nerd/Every-teen" shoes once Holland's contract is finished. And it's a great choice, Kamala is a fantastic character and can easily do for a story what Parker does now.

Whether the YA end up on D+ or a film, or even show up at all? We'll see if/when Marvel announces it. My guess would be a film though. The shows might have some really big budgets by tv standards, but I dunno if they're big enough to handle a large ensemble and all the special effects the characters would require.
    And she doesn't have Sony or reboot baggage .

Well, the only special effects heavy of the YA is Cassie and Billy but I guess it depends how they'd pace it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't think we're getting MCU Miles any time soon.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Yes but...

Miles, Kamala (and possibly IronHeart I pay very little attention to the Comics anymore) were also literal Avengers that were young/junior members before quitting to become Champions.

So it's not that hard to finesse them into a Young Avengers team. It would make sense from a branding perspective: the general audience already knows the name.

It would also make sense from an in story perspective as Kamala, Kate, Ri-Ri and whoever else rebuilds a literal Young Avengers team after the last one disbanded and it's leadership either retired or died.
    That might make the roster too big at the moment though. It's not impossible, but both teams have different dynamics. Idk if the MCU is interested in two teams though

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

It’s always possible that the MCU Teen team ends up being a mix of champions and YA. At least roster wise.

Don’t see any Spider person properly joining a team until Marvel & Sony work out a more permanent custody arrangement.

I don't think we're getting MCU Miles any time soon.
    Peter has got to be out of HS soon... and then they will be itching for a HS hero again
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    It’s always possible that the MCU Teen team ends up being a mix of champions and YA. At least roster wise.

Don’t see any Spider person properly joining a team until Marvel & Sony work out a more permanent custody arrangement.
    I fully expect a mixed roster. It doesn't matter who was on what team in the comics. Cap, Widow, and Clint weren't founding Avengers in the comics but are in the MCU, and Hank and Jan were nowhere to be found when the MCU Avengers got together despite being founders in print.

We know there's founding Young Avengers and founding Champions coming in the MCU this year and next, if the Studio does a teen team they'll use those characters. It'll almost certainly be a mixed roster.

And I wouldn't expect Miles or anyone else Sony has control over to show up, outside of the possibility of Fiege including Parker in the first outing just to get extra attention on the project (and that's just me assuming the Studio would want to play with the themes of the MCU's first teen hero passing the torch to the next teen heroes, Parker's involvement isn't necessary or certain by any stretch).

If Disney and Sony can work out an arrangement long term? Then maybe Miles shows up, but I'd assume Marvel is working under the assumption that once Holland's current contract is over Sony will try to go it alone again.

~ Black Panther.