Page 252 of 775 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352752 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 11611

My theory with the whole breaking of the multiverse is it's gonna be like a whole gag in itself, like we think it was Strange but their gonna swerve & be like no Sylvie did it!! No it was Loki!! NO it was Wanda All along!! NO it Was Agatha she broke free!! No it was Billy the child did it!! No it was ect. Lmao like everytime they get it semifixed someone is gonna keep fucking it up & their might not even be like a major villain lmao.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    MCU films ranked by IMDB ratings

1. Avengers: Endgame 8.4
    2. Avengers: Infinity War 8.4
    3. Avengers 8.0
    4. Guardians of the Galaxy 8.0
    5. Iron Man 7.9
    6. Thor: Ragnarok 7.9
    7. Captain America: Civil War 7.8
    8. Captain America: Winter Soldier 7.7
    9. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 7.6
    10. Spider-Man: Far From Home 7.5
    11. Doctor Strange 7.5
    12. Spider-Man: Homecoming 7.4
    13. Black Panther 7.3
    14. Avengers: Age of Ultron 7.3
    15. Ant-Man 7.3
    16. Iron Man 3 7.1
    17. Thor 7.0
    18. Iron Man 2 7.0
    19. Ant-Man and the Wasp 7.0
    20. Captain America: The First Avenger 6.9
    21. Black Widow 6.8
    22. Captain Marvel 6.8
    23. Thor: Dark World 6.8
    24. Incredible Hulk 6.6

Black Widow doesn't appear the be loved that much.
    Can't say I exactly agree with these rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    My theory with the whole breaking of the multiverse is it's gonna be like a whole gag in itself, like we think it was Strange but their gonna swerve & be like no Sylvie did it!! No it was Loki!! NO it was Wanda All along!! NO it Was Agatha she broke free!! No it was Billy the child did it!! No it was ect. Lmao like everytime they get it semifixed someone is gonna keep fucking it up & their might not even be like a major villain lmao.
    Basically heroes fixing other heroes' messes.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I wonder how far off we are from the "sacred timeline."

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Can't say I exactly agree with these rankings.

I don't know how anyone could take them seriously when Rotten Tomatoes had to change their entire scoring system because of a targeted campaign to tank Captain Marvel's rating before it even came out.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I don't know how anyone could take them seriously when Rotten Tomatoes had to change their entire scoring system because of a targeted campaign to tank Captain Marvel's rating before it even came out.
    I don't even get why people hated that movie. It wasn't near the greatest but it was an ok origin and I'd rank it on par or above Ant-Man.

I don't even get why people hated that movie. It wasn't near the greatest but it was an ok origin and I'd rank it on par or above Ant-Man.
    Brie Larson had the audacity to posit movie press junkets could stand to have a more diverse body of journalists. Fanboys got pissed, protecting supreme white maleness is what they're best at.

I think it was okay but I had my problems with it (personally preferred the first WW film), even if it didn't deserve anywhere near the hate it got.

I agree, I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, or any of the other MCU origin stories. They're never my favorites because I prefer to see the established version of the character rather than the "I just got powers" version but for the most part they're still done well. The backlash was so overblown and so pathetic it actually turned me into a bigger fan of the character.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

I want to get excited about the Shang Chi film but my problem is that, the trailer didn't make it feel like the Shang Chi comics I'm familiar with, espionage stories, down and gritty atmosphere with the occasionally superhero team ups against supervillains. A shame too because I was happy they got an actor who actually knows martial arts to play the character. While other MCU films did do things different from the comics, they still felt familiar while the Shang Chi film feels quite different.

I remember when I first got into Shang Chi comics, there was a small stand that sold sweets, cigarettes, music CDs/cassettes, newspapers and magazines I passed by on my way to school. He also sold really old Marvel comics like that go back to the 70s, and they only costed 50 Egyptian piasters (a piastre is equivalent to a cent) and one of those comics I used to buy from him were Hands of Shang Chi, Master Of Kung Fu. There was something appealing about this story about a hero who's father was an evil tyrant and how the stories had an espionage and adventure feel to them and how it felt more intense than the typical superhero action at the time.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Ultimate Member

Brie Larson had the audacity to posit movie press junkets could stand to have a more diverse body of journalists. Fanboys got pissed, protecting supreme white maleness is what they're best at.
    The anti-woke backlash was nuts. These people never fail to cause problems for the rest of us, over basically nothng

But when it came to legitimate criticism, even then I don't quite rank it as low as others do. it's still not near my favorite but it has enjoyable moments

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it was okay but I had my problems with it (personally preferred the first WW film), even if it didn't deserve anywhere near the hate it got.
    Understandable. I have my own difficulties with it

Ultimate Member

I agree, I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, or any of the other MCU origin stories. They're never my favorites because I prefer to see the established version of the character rather than the "I just got powers" version but for the most part they're still done well. The backlash was so overblown and so pathetic it actually turned me into a bigger fan of the character.
    I actually somewhat agree, in that I enjoy almost all the heroes when they first appear, but tend to like them more after subsequent appearances, barring a few exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    I want to get excited about the Shang Chi film but my problem is that, the trailer didn't make it feel like the Shang Chi comics I'm familiar with, espionage stories, down and gritty atmosphere with the occasionally superhero team ups against supervillains. A shame too because I was happy they got an actor who actually knows martial arts to play the character. While other MCU films did do things different from the comics, they still felt familiar while the Shang Chi film feels quite different.

I remember when I first got into Shang Chi comics, there was a small stand that sold sweets, cigarettes, music CDs/cassettes, newspapers and magazines I passed by on my way to school. He also sold really old Marvel comics like that go back to the 70s, and they only costed 50 Egyptian piasters (a piastre is equivalent to a cent) and one of those comics I used to buy from him were Hands of Shang Chi, Master Of Kung Fu. There was something appealing about this story about a hero who's father was an evil tyrant and how the stories had an espionage and adventure feel to them and how it felt more intense than the typical superhero action at the time.
    I'm only vaguely familiar with him until recently when I read his comics, so maybe my view might differ here, but while I see your point, I also feel making him too grounded would make him look too 'unspectacular' next to most of the Avengers. but they could've still probably pulled off a more accurate version.
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 08-25-2021 at 02:08 PM.

Captain Marvel is the most overhated MCU film. It really wasn’t even bad, it was just “meh” IMO.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think personally the weakest part of Captain Marvel is Captain Marvel herself, but that's just me. Her overall absence from Earth in particular is probably a valid reason why some prefer Scarlet Witch or Black Widow over her, and it will likely make it more difficult in the MCU to believe that Kamala could see her as a role model in Ms Marvel, for example. Captain Marvel was an enjoyable movie but for me it was more its position as a prequel to the rest of the modern MCU and characters like Rambeau and Fury. Ultimately I think with better writing and characterization I think Brie's Carol could still be awesome.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

My personal MCU Movie Ranking

Avengers: Endgame
    Thor: Ragnarok
    Avengers: Infinity War
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    Captain America: Civil War
    Black Panther
    Ant-Man
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    Captain America: The First Avenger
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Spider-Man: Homecoming
    Ant-Man and the Wasp
    Black Widow
    The Avengers
    Spider-Man: Far From Home
    Doctor Strange
    Thor
    Captain Marvel
    Iron Man
    Iron Man 3
    Iron Man 2
    The Incredible Hulk
    Avengers: Age of Ultron
    Thor: The Dark World

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Captain Marvel is the most overhated MCU film. It really wasn’t even bad, it was just “meh” IMO.
    Yeah. IM2 and T-DW are the 2 worst for me, and even they're just "below meh". They mainly suffer from being boring. But CM wasn't boring. Carol's emotional arc just didn't hit the right notes and the potential of the storyline was a bit underserved

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think personally the weakest part of Captain Marvel is Captain Marvel herself, but that's just me. Her overall absence from Earth in particular is probably a valid reason why some prefer Scarlet Witch or Black Widow over her, and it will likely make it more difficult in the MCU to believe that Kamala could see her as a role model in Ms Marvel, for example. Captain Marvel was an enjoyable movie but for me it was more its position as a prequel to the rest of the modern MCU and characters like Rambeau and Fury. Ultimately I think with better writing and characterization I think Brie's Carol could still be awesome.
    I kinda see what you mean, although I think she worked well alongside Fury, Talos and Goose. Her connection to Maria and the Supreme Intelligence was just not thoroughly well presented enough. I hope future appearances do better with her. I'd still probably take her above Black Widow though.