Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Default To Know Her Is To Fear Her: Jessica Drew The Spider-Woman Appreciation 2024

Beware The Spider-Woman!

Jessica Drew Appreciation Thread!

Home for Fans of the Original Spider-Woman!

Discussion for anything and everything about our favorite arachnid! From the latest appearances to original series and everything in between!!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Happy New Year to Jessica Drew and her fans .

Extraordinary Member

I am getting really annoyed with this "where is Gerry" stuff. And I am going to be really pissed if something stupid happened to him.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Welcome to the Web of 2024
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

"Home for Fans of the Original Spider-Woman" that's me, going back to her very very first appearance. I don't care much for her portrayal in her new series. But I'd like to stick around here and read and maybe get persuaded otherwise. I do like Jessica Drew.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Welcome to the Web of 2024
    Great collage. I love how Alex Ross always uses the Brian Postman era glider wings!

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    "Home for Fans of the Original Spider-Woman" that's me, going back to her very very first appearance. I don't care much for her portrayal in her new series. But I'd like to stick around here and read and maybe get persuaded otherwise. I do like Jessica Drew.
    To me the current series feels more like the original than the last couple of volumes. I’m curious to see what stories are in store after Gang War ends.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-06-2024 at 01:57 PM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Great collage. I love how Alex Ross always uses the Brian Postman era glider wings!

To me the current series feels more like the original than the last couple of volumes. I’m curious to see what stories are in store after Gang War ends.
    I love Ross' depiction of Jess with the massive wings, it's just about perfect.

I also agree her current series feels most like her original series. I liked Pacheco's interpretation and voice for Jessica but the series started devolving into comedy a little too much. Foxe seems to have a great voice for Jess and Borelli has surprised me by how much I like her work on the book as well.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Vintage OFFICIAL HANDBOOK TO THE MARVEL UNIVERSE entry from the "depowered" era. LOVE that they got Steve Leialoha back on Team Drew to illustrate the entry!

Last edited by Thirteen; 01-07-2024 at 06:24 PM.

Her costume is so iconic. I love it.

I'm so glad it made a come back.

Astonishing Member

Jess did retain a lot of her physical powers after she 'died'. She had already lost her immunity to poisons and radiation (I think that has since returned). So the only thing keeping her from being SW was her bioelectricity/venom blast. Apparently that returned after she was kidnapped and replaced by the Skrulls --- or maybe happened because of that? I don't recall all of the details.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Jess did retain a lot of her physical powers after she 'died'. She had already lost her immunity to poisons and radiation (I think that has since returned). So the only thing keeping her from being SW was her bioelectricity/venom blast. Apparently that returned after she was kidnapped and replaced by the Skrulls --- or maybe happened because of that? I don't recall all of the details.
    The narrative of that period is hard to follow because of having to suss out when it was Jessica and when it was Veranke posing as Jessica and therefore an unreliable narrator. I thought the big Skrull upgrade was that Spider-Woman actually flew instead of the classic "gliding on air currents"?

What a fetching Jessica Drew Dakota Fanning might have made...

Astonishing Member

Eh? Isn't that Dakota Johnson as Madame Web? It's not a bad look, but I'm sure they can find a better Jessica Drew.

Eh? Isn't that Dakota Johnson as Madame Web? It's not a bad look, but I'm sure they can find a better Jessica Drew.
    Yep. Just saying what I said. The skintight red and dark locks and even the shape of the piping are quite evocative of Jessica. I don't think it would be a big visual leap to a blended costume design.

Last edited by Thirteen; 01-10-2024 at 07:01 PM.

Looks like a recoloured Silk costume, being red with white piping instead of white with black and red details, and sans mask of course.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman