Page 13 of 761 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113513 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I think it’d be wise to have Taika Waititi direct the film from Gunn’s script. He already has the goodwill of the MCU fans that should see him raise above any heat an outsider might attract. Like the Russo’s, he shouldn’t necessarily be attached to just one franchise and his sense of humour would really work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I think it’d be wise to have Taika Waititi direct the film from Gunn’s script. He already has the goodwill of the MCU fans that should see him raise above any heat an outsider might attract. Like the Russo’s, he shouldn’t necessarily be attached to just one franchise and his sense of humour would really work.
    I wouldn't hate it, only because Thor 3 actually had good H2H action in it, unlike all of GoG 1 and 2.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I wouldn't hate it, only because Thor 3 actually had good H2H action in it, unlike all of GoG 1 and 2.
    I still wonder where Gamora being the Most Dangerous Woman in the Galaxy came from .

AvX, the next Avengers Trilogy...

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still wonder where Gamora being the Most Dangerous Woman in the Galaxy came from .
    One day Thanos declared she was and nobody wanted to tell him otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What subplots?

We talking just about Adam?

Everything else was wrapped up on GoG2 or in IW. It is a perfect time for a new "guardians" team and even a new tone if they wanted.
    Well, the Adam thing is definitely the biggest subplot I'd think.

There's also the deal with the Ravagers and where they go from here. We saw the comics-original roster in volume 2, with plans to go "steal some sh*t." Depending on how Avengers 4 plays out we might not be finished with Drax's mission of avenging his family (I mean, most likely that'll be wrapped but we don't know for sure yet) or even Gamora and Nebula's relationship. And I'm sure there's still a few other minor subplots; Groot growing up, Rocket learning to be less of a dick, whatever. The characters still have mileage left in them.

Now, you're right that most of the subplots GotG-2 left us with have been (or probably soon will be) resolved. A new director could swing in with a new script, new cast, new tone, everything. Nothing stopping them, and if Marvel thinks that's the best option I'm not going to argue with them, they know what they're doing. So you're right, they could totally do that.

But Gunn had a story in mind that he was building the characters towards, and whatever that story is, I want to see it finished. Not to mention, it's a formula and approach we know is successful so why screw with that too much? I'm sure the third movie will be quality no matter what happens (even if they do change everything), but Disney has removed Gunn from the director's chair and I think that was more than enough to get the property over the hurdle of the scandal. There's no need to be afraid of any backlash by using Gunn's first draft (which would be heavily re-written anyway, as all first drafts are); people love these characters and want to see their story finished the way it was intended. I dont think anyone is going to give a damn if Gunn still gets a writing credit.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Disney Removes a Marvel Studios Film From Its 2020 Release Slate
    https://www.cbr.com/disney-removes-m...release-slate/

The movie dropped from 2020 was Guardians 3. It has been moved to 2022. The two remaining 2020 films are Doctor Strange 2 and Black Widow. The 2021 films will be Black Panther 2, Eternals, and Spider-Man 3. The 2022 films will be Ant-Man 3, Guardians 3, and Captain Marvel 2.

No plans for Quicksilver's return to the MCU
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/245...r-johnson-says

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Should we get a third Guardians film, or should we just get an Adam Warlock solo movie instead?
    My idea for GoTG3 was set in a world where Gamora stays dead, Rocket leads the Guardians, and Quill is the villain.

Quill steals the Sovereign's birthing pod, thinking he can use it to resurrect Gamora. Ayesha starts a war with the Ravager fleet, since Quill escaped in a Ravager ship. Rocket's Guardians are enlisted by Stakar to track Quill.

Quill makes it to Vormir, find the Soul Gem precipice, and activates the pod. Adam Warlock, (a Sovereign citizen with chunks of Quill's Celestial DNA) is born. Banter ensues.

Ayesha appears on Vormir, discusses Warlock's Sovereign role in society, and leaves with Adam and the pod (and Gamora's corpse in the pod). Ravagers find Quill on Vormir, banter ensues.

Adam resists Ayesha's command, raises Gamora from the dead, and the two escape. Banter ensues.

Back and forth, back and forth. Celestials come to claim Adam as one of their own, and Vibranium is revealed to be a component in their armor. Adam resists this too, and the battle gets more and more cosmic. Bigger and bigger, putting the universe at risk.

Gamora suggests they "go back", into the realm of the Soul Gem. Adam agrees but says he will return when they need him. Quill is left an emotional wreck, but the Guardians embrace him, just as Rocket put him in handcuffs.

Black Widow has been reported to be the May 1, 2020 release, with Eternals being the November 2020 film. Black Panther would then follow them in February 2021. I think that Doctor Strange 2 would be the second film of 2021.

Hawkeye is rumored to be getting a TV show. It will be Clint mentoring Kate Bishop.
    http://whatculture.com/film/mcu-rumo...ye-tv-series-2

Hawkeye is rumored to be getting a TV show. It will be Clint mentoring Kate Bishop.
    One can hope.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'm guessing this will be a Disney Play show along with the Scarlet Witch, Loki, and possible Fury show.

I kind of expected an MCU Hawkeye story would feature Kate, but I hope they don't go full-on Hawkguy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm guessing this will be a Disney Play show along with the Scarlet Witch, Loki, and possible Fury show.

I kind of expected an MCU Hawkeye story would feature Kate, but I hope they don't go full-on Hawkguy here.
    I really hope this happens; I've been wanting to see Clint get a show of his own for ages. Netflix was my preference but this streaming service might work just as well. Maybe even better if they're bankrolling this hard and put in the quality.

It's totally gonna be inspired by Fraction's run. I can feel it in my bones. Now we can start fan-casting pizza dog!

~ Black Panther.