Page 273 of 773 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 11592
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Venom Set in the Amazing Spider-Man Universe Continuity Reportedly
    Wait could this be the after credit scene theory? sigh....this is what happens when after credit scenes and crossovers have taken more importance than the actual plot of the film itself. If it is set in the amazing Spiderman continuity then it will mean al that rumor and wish of wanting holland to crossover will make no sense...but then again, this is me ignoring the upcoming events of No Way Home

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    The voice acting in that last What If episode was pretty good. It's been pretty pedestrian to me thus far. That last episode felt longer to me though. I hope they bring back Spader to do some Ultron work in the future.
    Spader's voice work was actually fine in Ultron, what really hurt that film was the power grab of Marvel Studios and Whedon in terms of the direction of the film. Marvel wanted something different and whedon wanted something different, so what we had was a messy clash with the final product and that lead to artistically a poorly made film, even by MCU own very cooperate standard.

Additionally the cgi was bad, the cinematography was bad, the dialogue was bad and the acting of the cast was terrible. the entire 3rd arc, it felt like the cast were just making fun of themselves and the movie itself to the point that it felt like they were breaking the 4th wall and not in the Deadpool good kind of way. Age Of Ultron is one of those films that I really wished, Critics had been far far more critical of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think he could've been intimidating and funny, but he didn't come off as either. Aside from a lot of Whedon's jokes not landing, or taking off to begin with, Ultron just lacked enough motivation besides Hollywood standard 'evil robot hates humanity.' Comics Ultron has this too but he also has his obsession with Hank. MCU couldn't do that so it replaced Hank with Tony but didn't make an interesting enough relationship.

As for being overstuffed, Wanda & Pietro should've been introduced elsewhere. Ideally they could've been introduced as villains in their own Avengers movie but joined the heroes in the end, while Vision and Ultron would've been villains in AoU but Vision betrays Ultron. Vision needed much more screen time in AoU.
    You're right. I think the Maximoff twins could have been taken out of AoU and introduced in another Avengers flick. Vision was definitely shortchanged in that movie. But Bettany made the most of it. If they had removed Wanda and Pietro the film could have expanded on Tony's and Ultron's relationship. And I do agree that Ultron and Vision should have teamed up. That combination would have been more of a threat to the Avengers

I also felt bad that Baron Strucker was kind of wasted in AoU too. But at least he made me laugh:

Everyone that watches AoU has completely different "dislikes" lol.

It has actually grown on me... the only part I don't like is the Widow/Banner thing, only because they just gave up on it. So it ended up being a waste of time in a movie that needed one storyline axed to keep it flowing better.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Spader's voice work was actually fine in Ultron, what really hurt that film was the power grab of Marvel Studios and Whedon in terms of the direction of the film. Marvel wanted something different and whedon wanted something different, so what we had was a messy clash with the final product and that lead to artistically a poorly made film, even by MCU own very cooperate standard.

Additionally the cgi was bad, the cinematography was bad, the dialogue was bad and the acting of the cast was terrible. the entire 3rd arc, it felt like the cast were just making fun of themselves and the movie itself to the point that it felt like they were breaking the 4th wall and not in the Deadpool good kind of way. Age Of Ultron is one of those films that I really wished, Critics had been far far more critical of it.
    Yeah, I agree the film was poorly made and looked and sounded pretty bad. And yes, the actors and actresses were definitely phoning it in by the end. But I did find it to be funny. I mean, LOTS of people I know laughed when the Hulk kicked Ultron out of the Quinjet in AoU (Oh, For God's Sake):

LOL!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-16-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Ultimate Member

You're right. I think the Maximoff twins could have been taken out of AoU and introduced in another Avengers flick. Vision was definitely shortchanged in that movie. But Bettany made the most of it. If they had removed Wanda and Pietro the film could have expanded on Tony's and Ultron's relationship. And I do agree that Ultron and Vision should have teamed up. That combination would have been more of a threat to the Avengers

I also felt bad that Baron Strucker was kind of wasted in AoU too. But at least he made me laugh:

Part of the problem is making the already Iron Man focused MCU even more so. Ultron's obsession with Hank kept him from being total generic kill bot. I realize there were issues with using Hank & Jan, but aside from taking Hank out of one of his biggest stories, it also made Tony seem too rash and egotistical, but not how he usually is. Before and after AoU, he was concerned with keeping tech out of dangerous hands. AoU seemed to backtrack ok his character development.

And while the movie did a good job with Vision, it changed a lot of his origin. That's not inherently bad, but the movie didn't replace it with enough elaboration on his skills and persona

Plus, the AoU comics storyline, while derivative, was still more interesting.

And the Bruce-Natasha romance was beyond stupid. I hate how she was sexualized in that. Not to mention Natasha trying to be relevant by using a bulldozer to fight Ultron of all things.
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 09-16-2021 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Part of the problem is making the already Iron Man focused MCU even more so. Ultron's obsession with Hank kept him from being total generic kill bot. I realize there were issues with using Hank & Jan, but aside from taking Hank out of one of his biggest stories, it also made Tony seem too rash and egotistical, but not how he usually is. Before and after AoU, he was concerned with keeping tech out of dangerous hands. AoU seemed to backtrack ok his character development.

And while the movie did a good job with Vision, it changed a lot of his origin. That's not inherently bad, but the movie didn't replace it with enough elaboration on his skills and persona

Plus, the AoU comics storyline, while derivative, was still more interesting.

And the Bruce-Natasha romance was beyond stupid. I hate how she was sexualized in that. Not to mention Natasha trying to be relevant by using a bulldozer to fight Ultron of all things.
    Yeah, I do think Ultron's ties to Hank made him very interesting (although I think it hurt Ant-Man's character in the comic books in the long run). I do get why Disney went with Tony creating Ultron though. In 2015, the MCU wasn't the entertainment behemoth it is today and Feige and Perlmutter were still fighting for control over the entire enterprise during that time. They were counting on leveraging RDJ's massive popularity to make the second Avengers a success. I mean, I like Rudd's Ant-Man, but including him in AoU would have sort of started overstuffing that film again.

I think Vision was fine in AoU. But his introduction was way too rushed in my opinion. He showed off some of his powers, but I think some of his scenes were cut from the final product. His personality would have been more interesting if he became a good guy after being a villain for awhile. I thought his origin change was fine. He got his brain waves/patterns from JARVIS. I thought it was a really natural transition and it made total sense to me. I don't know why Whedon was so keen on the Hulk-Widow thing. I actually it hurt Natasha's character in her own film by making the forced sterilization thing sort of a joke. I think Ruffalo and Johansson were both confused by the pairing too.

Clearly AoU is the weakest Avengers movie. Following the incredible success of Avengers, both artistically and commercially, it was a let down. And that it was followed by the unbeatable epic that was IW and Endgame, it pales in comparison.
    That said, it is not a bad movie and I find myself enjoying it more on rewatching. And it is very rewatchable. (Is that a word)
    I think the parts are better than the whole.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 09-16-2021 at 07:07 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Yeah, I do think Ultron's ties to Hank made him very interesting (although I think it hurt Ant-Man's character in the comic books in the long run). I do get why Disney went with Tony creating Ultron though. In 2015, the MCU wasn't the entertainment behemoth it is today and Feige and Perlmutter were still fighting for control over the entire enterprise during that time. They were counting on leveraging RDJ's massive popularity to make the second Avengers a success. I mean, I like Rudd's Ant-Man, but including him in AoU would have sort of started overstuffing that film again.
    It only hurt him in comics because of how it was handled. It was handled far better in Avengers EMH.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Clint's kid says it's been a long time since they celebrated Christmas together. I'm guessing that the prediction that Clint and his wife divorced due to the former going on a Punisher like rampage after the Snap came true.

All the MCU heroes are killers with the exception of Spider-Man. Or do you think the guy Cap knocked off the Helicarrier had a parachute on or IM was just knocking people out with his repulsor rays and mini missiles? The MCU is very consistent about it.
    Even Spider Man is a killer.

It sure looked like he used Iron Spider's insta kill mode in Endgame, not that killing aliens ever counts.

Besides, wasn't Clint a Sniper for SHIELD before he became an Avenger? It's not an issue of Clint killing people as much as it is an issue of Clint killing people he wasn't ordered to kill (yet).

The other funny thing about this to me personally is that Clint as Ronin targets the Yakuza. In the comics Ronin was supposed to be a disguise for Daredevil who has history with the Yakuza. But the suit ended up in Echo hands, and she went to war against the Yakuza for her own personal reasons. I think they killed her dad.

Comic Hawkeye got the suit next but didn't get the anti-Yakuza grudge to go with it.

Then Movie Clint gets/makes the Ronin suit and ends up killing Yakuza. For reasons.

At this point I think the Ronin costume itself is sentient and hates Yakuza. It would explain a lot.

I don't think AoU is terrible even if it it's, at best, just a "solid" MCU movie.

But I've seen better takes on Ultron.

Ultimate Member

I think Vision was fine in AoU. But his introduction was way too rushed in my opinion. He showed off some of his powers, but I think some of his scenes were cut from the final product. His personality would have been more interesting if he became a good guy after being a villain for awhile. I thought his origin change was fine. He got his brain waves/patterns from JARVIS. I thought it was a really natural transition and it made total sense to me. I don't know why Whedon was so keen on the Hulk-Widow thing. I actually it hurt Natasha's character in her own film by making the forced sterilization thing sort of a joke. I think Ruffalo and Johansson were both confused by the pairing too.
    I realize the Ant-Man/Ultron thing wasn't in the cards for the MCU back then but the replacement was somewhat lacklustre. Considering both Whedon and Wright left anyway, I'm not sure what the point of it all was

I think Hank's current status in the comics isn't necessarily due to Ultron though

I don't necessarily have a problem with MCU Vision's origin, but comics Vision has a unique if convoluted one
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 09-16-2021 at 08:49 PM.

One thing is for sure though, Age of Ultron is far better than Endgame. For one thing, the third act of Age of Ultron actually had a thematic reason to exist other than just money.

I still can't believe the team that made Winter Soldier, Civil War and Infinity War, ended their reign with a movie that beyond other dumb ideas had the biggest fight in the universe start after the plot of the movie was over, and simply because a villain intercepted a message.

They never even explained how he was able to summon his whole armt to the future even though the Avengers had a very specific way of time travelling with limited resources per person.
    Last edited by Alpha; 09-17-2021 at 12:03 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    One thing is for sure though, Age of Ultron is far better than Endgame. For one thing, the third act of Age of Ultron actually had a thematic reason to exist other than just money.

I still can't believe the team that made Winter Soldier, Civil War and Infinity War, ended their reign with a movie that beyond other dumb ideas had the biggest fight in the universe start after the plot of the movie was over, and simply because a villain intercepted a message.

They never even explained how he was able to summon his whole armt to the future even though the Avengers had a very specific way of time travelling with limited resources per person.
    Eh, It is hard to really place Avengers movies anywhere because these movies are their crossovers big events, almost like marvel used to have important crossovers comic book events in the 1990s like the Onslaught saga. Winter Solider feels very stand alone and secluded from other films, even by MCU own very interconnected movies standard and that was a very good thing for Winter Solider that their directors did capitalize on even if they still could not just have done whatever they want. This is why maybe you are finding it hard to see that it is the same people who made Endgame.

However despite the faults of Ultron or Endgame, I find Infinity Wars to be the weakest or worst of the Avengers films. It was the film I really struggled to finish or get through due to the very animated looking nature of the movie and it been the heaviest action driven Avengers film to date, which in comic book movies, the story does tend to take a back sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Ebony Maw reproduced the Pym particles from the one they got from Nebula.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.