Page 149 of 773 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249649 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 11593

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    As more superheroine movies come out, it won’t be a factor any more.
    Do we have any upcoming female-led solo films that might buck the trend? That aren't ensembles.

I guess Batgirl, Zatanna, and WW3.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do we have any upcoming female-led solo films that might buck the trend? That aren't ensembles.

holy crap you are right

I didn't realize there wasn't any female lead MCU movies coming.... they are all tv shows lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The whole show was distraction after distraction until Agatha was revealed.

It only really "dived into Wanda" the last two episodes. Which is the genuine problem with mystery shows but still.
    The D+ shows are worth only two good episodes. Having Doctor Strange in it wouldn't have changed the distracting aspect of the nonsense they use to pad both shows so far.

Extraordinary Member

By the time the Marvels is released in 2022, everyone who cares to know will know that there are two of them. If them using Kamala's lightning bolt logo as the "S" on the end of Marvels wasn't clear enough.

Kamala's series is supposed to come out on Disney+ by the end of this year.

So audiences will have some idea who she is even if they don't see Kamala's show,.

Likely just the same way I knew who "The Child" was and I didn't see any episodes of the Mandalorian until way, way after the fact (because I am trying to avoid subscribing to any more streaming services, lol.)

"The Marvels" makes me think Kurt Busiek and doing a deep, universe-dive, into the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    The D+ shows are worth only two good episodes. Having Doctor Strange in it wouldn't have changed the distracting aspect of the nonsense they use to pad both shows so far.
    no one claimed anything in Falcon show was "distracting" from Falcon though

The reason they said "no strange" is so it wasn't distracting from Wanda... despite having 10 other things in that show that distracted from Wanda lol.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    By the time the Marvels is released in 2022, everyone who cares to know will know that there are two of them. If them using Kamala's lightning bolt logo as the "S" on the end of Marvels wasn't clear enough.

Kamala's series is supposed to come out on Disney+ by the end of this year.

So audiences will have some idea who she is even if they don't see Kamala's show,.

Likely just the same way I knew who "The Child" was and I didn't see any episodes of the Mandalorian until way, way after the fact (because I am trying to avoid subscribing to any more streaming services, lol.)
    I don't even want to watch Ms. Marvel.

Not really into teen hero stype stuff but... don't wanna not know what is going on...

damn synergy! lol

holy crap you are right

I didn't realize there wasn't any female lead MCU movies coming.... they are all tv shows lol
    Wait, really?

So they D+ shows are all "side content" by they are introducing A list heroines like Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk in these D+ shows and don't have any plans for introducing any female lead superhero films after The Marvels...

Honestly I'm probably overthinking all of this.

no one claimed anything in Falcon show was "distracting" from Falcon though

The reason they said "no strange" is so it wasn't distracting from Wanda... despite having 10 other things in that show that distracted from Wanda lol.
    "It was Agatha all along."
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Wait, really?

So they D+ shows are all "side content" by they are introducing A list heroines like Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk in these D+ shows and don't have any plans for introducing any female lead superhero films after The Marvels...

Honestly I'm probably overthinking all of this.
    Are there any females left who could carry a solo film that aren't part of another franchise like the X-Men?

I mean, CA&TWS is potentially leading to a Cap 4, so maybe we could get a She-Hulk movie or something, but I'm not sure.

Are there any females left who could carry a solo film that aren't part of another franchise like the X-Men?

I mean, CA&TWS is potentially leading to a Cap 4, so maybe we could get a She-Hulk movie or something, but I'm not sure.
    not unless they do something way out there like Elsa Bloodstone

who owns Spider-Woman?>

Ultimate Member

I don't know if any of the X-Women can necessarily carry a solo. They're mostly team players too

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't know if any of the X-Women can necessarily carry a solo. They're mostly team players too
    C'mon now this mode of thinking is not applicable to the MCU. They have an Ant-Man for crying out loud

I *think* I read somewhere that Jessica Drew is 100% Marvel Studios, but for all I know her having "Spider" in her name was enough to lump her in with the Sony deal. But I feel like if Sony had control of her, they'd have made a Spider-Woman movie before sinking to the depths of Morbius....or however you spell the vampire's name.

Anyway, I'm not that bothered by the Captain Marvel 2 name change; I see it more like an attempt to be inclusive and welcome Monica and Kamala into the fold, rather than something that takes away from Carol. I get why people are feeling that way, but I don't think it's insulting, I think it's just weird.

And *is* this sequel happening in the past? That'd be odd, considering Monica and Kamala are just getting their powers in the MCU present-day/2023.

I'm feeling the Black Panther title, that's not bad....alas, if only Black Panther was actually gonna be in it!

Dunno where this talk of the D+ shows being "side content" is coming from either; aren't we expecting Cap 4 with Sam as Cap? Kinda seems like F&tWS is more than "side content" if that's the case yknow?

C'mon now this mode of thinking is not applicable to the MCU. They have an Ant-Man for crying out loud
    For real. The mindset that "this character isn't big enough to carry a movie!" should have died when the Guardians of the Galaxy became household names; if Marvel can make successful films with those guys, who even long-term comic fans were barely aware of, then the Studio doing a solo for Jean or Storm or Rogue or friggin Pixie shouldn't surprise anybody.
    Last edited by Ascended; 05-04-2021 at 01:14 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I didn't say they shouldn't. I mean they're more common in team ups so I thought that's what more fans might be expecting.

But I also don't buy the whole "X-Women are better" business. Both groups have good female heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I *think* I read somewhere that Jessica Drew is 100% Marvel Studios, but for all I know her having "Spider" in her name was enough to lump her in with the Sony deal.
    If Jess belongs to Sony then three out of the six (if I'm not forgetting someone) female heroes who currently have their own book wouldn't be applicable for Marvel Studios. That may explain the lack of female-led movies in the near future.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.