Page 11 of 773 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I mean, if people can accept the recasting of James Bond, they'll accept the recasting of Steve Rogers and Tony Stark /eventually/ without the need to reboot. I ust don't expect it right way.
    A big difference is that James Bond doesn't really do continuity.
    Another difference is that if you don't recast Bond, you don't have a film. The MCU doesn't need Steve Rogers and Tony stark. It probably needs the actors more than that it needs the characters. Recasting is more likely to backfire than anything else.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I doubt Zemo will be reused. He's not a really recurring villain material.
    IMO, he could easily return. If, after he was so sure that he'd destroyed The Avengers, they return from A4 more united and popular than ever, he really strikes me as the the "if first you don't succeed..." type.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    IMO, he could easily return. If, after he was so sure that he'd destroyed The Avengers, they return from A4 more united and popular than ever, he really strikes me as the the "if first you don't succeed..." type.
    "If first you don't succeed..." types are weak, ineffective villains. Also, he's the guy that murdered T'challa's father. And the Avengers were pretty much over after Civil War anyway. Zemo got it right the first time.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

If they ever do a Thunderbolts movie I think having Zemo and Ghost return as members along with Songbird, Radioactive Man and Moonstone would make sense. Hell have it revealed that Crossbones survived that little incident too...

EDIT: Or just do Dark Avengers like you guys were talking about in the previous page, opps. (In which case I would want Ares and Sentry getting involved.)
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 10-07-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Let Crossbones stay dead. His death ended up being part of a pretty defining moment that led to the Sokovia Accords.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Let Crossbones stay dead. His death ended up being part of a pretty defining moment that led to the Sokovia Accords.
    I think they could probably have gotten a little more mileage out of Crossbones but I don't see them reviving him even if Grillo's teased a comeback a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'll work-in Ghost, although I don't think there was really much more they can do with the character after Jan "restored" her.
    I'd suspect there were at least some conversations about the possibility. And Jan's "cure" was said to be a short-term solution, so if someone offered a permanent fix....And I very much got the feeling that they were setting Ghost up for future appearances, though that could just be my bias clouding my objectivity.

I dunno if a Thunderbolts or Dark Avengers would bring back any established villains who haven't died but I wouldn't be surprised if any do. I mean, who saw Ross returning in Civil War from the dead-end of Incredible Hulk? After his return who's to say we wouldn't see Abomination or Zemo or Justin Hammer or whoever else?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they could probably have gotten a little more mileage out of Crossbones but I don't see them reviving him even if Grillo's teased a comeback a few times.
    They definitely could've gotten more mileage out of Crossbones, but then they killed him. So the point is moot because, in my opinion, characters should stay dead. It's the biggest issue within the comics right now when they used their big "someone will die" slogans to sell whatever big event it is at the time.

Why does it matter? There are no stakes because no-one stays dead. Unless they're Uncle Ben. Comics are meant to be fun and escapist but if you're going to kill a character to prove the stakes, then bringing back that character a couple of years later just undoes that. Crossbones died so the Sokovia Accords could be brought in and the Scarlet Witch would end up as one of the rebel Avengers (hell, so the rebel Avengers could exist). If he suddenly saunters back in, then all of that just loses credibility. Yes, Wakanda diplomats also died but they were literally never seen so it carries no emotional weight. That's just my two cents on the topic.

There are plenty of villains to pick from the stable, they aren't at a position within the MCU that they need to bring back the dead or rehash villains we've already seen. However, if they were to bring back characters like Zemo or Ghost then at least it would be in a fresh light. If it was a Thunderbolts movie and they're the protagonists, then there's a better insight into them. I'd be there for that.

Scarlett Johansson Lands $15 Million Payday for Black Widow Movie
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...payday-1151328

Zoe Saldana Hints at Gamora’s Return in Avengers 4
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...payday-1151328

Ace Comic Con in Chicago had a talk with Chris Evans, Lee Pace, and Karen Gillan
    https://www.facebook.com/ACEcomiccon...6326760461376/

From earlier in this thread. I don’t want anyone else playing Tony and Steve but RDJ and Chris Evans. With their contracts ending in Avengers 4, all I want to do is say thank you! They really were perfect in those roles and Marvel has plenty of characters to continue the story of the MCU.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Reposted from the Scarlet Witch Appreciation thread.

Avengers 4: ‘It’s Only Going to Get Worse’ For Scarlet Witch
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Reposted from the Scarlet Witch Appreciation thread.

Avengers 4: ‘It’s Only Going to Get Worse’ For Scarlet Witch
    Poor Wanda .

Mighty Member

I'm hoping MCU goes into some obscure weird stuff like Shang-chi and Power Pack post-Avengers 4.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I'm hoping MCU goes into some obscure weird stuff like Shang-chi and Power Pack post-Avengers 4.
    Agreed! I love that they've brought in smaller, lesser known properties like the Guardians. More of that kinda left-field stuff would be awesome.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.