Page 159 of 761 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259659 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 11410

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    They did address the Uncle Ben incident in Civil War, they just didn't spell it out. That is actually called good screenwriting. Not that McFeely/Markus did an overall great job, but in this particular case they did it right.
    next you are gonna say the luggage was a great reference
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

EW says that What If...? will premiere in August.
    https://ew.com/tv/summer-2021-tv-pre...8-ced66ae82155

Ms. Marvel is supposed to be looking at a release in September of October. That would put Hawkeye in November or December.

Extraordinary Member

I am not sure who is doing what for the 3rd Spider Man movie,
    I just hope Sony has as little to do with it as possible.

An astonishing number of God awful decisions were made on the last Spider Man movie they had full creative control of...

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    next you are gonna say the luggage was a great reference
    Which line do you prefer as answer to Tony's queston why Peter is doing this?

"When you can do the things that I can, but you don’t, and then the bad things happen. They happen because of you."

"I once could have stopped some robber but didn't, and afterwards I found out that the same robber killed my uncle, so that's why I'm doing this. With great power there must also come great responsibility, right?"

The first one is subtle and yet everyone who knows the character should get the implication. The second one stems from a writer who doesn't believe in the ability of audiences to draw their own conclusions and instead thinks they need on the nose explanations.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

"When you can do the things that I can, but you don’t, and then the bad things happen. They happen because of you."

"I once could have stopped some robber but didn't, and afterwards I found out that the same robber killed my uncle, so that's why I'm doing this. With great power there must also come great responsibility, right?"

The first one is subtle and yet everyone who knows the character should get the implication. The second one stems from a writer who doesn't believe in the ability of audiences to draw their own conclusions and instead thinks they need on the nose explanations.
    I was fine with it being as subtle as it was in Civil War, but the lack of any addressing of it in the actual solo films in favor of Tony Stark is where it becomes an issue.

Like, if something Ben taught him, even if not overtly mentioned or phrased that way, went against something Tony said or inspired him instead of something involving Tony, that would be preferable to me without needing to dredge up his death.

Didn't Watts even say he might not actually be dead? It was just weird all around.

Ultimate Member

When did Watts say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was fine with it being as subtle as it was in Civil War, but the lack of any addressing of it in the actual solo films in favor of Tony Stark is where it becomes an issue.

Like, if something Ben taught him, even if not overtly mentioned or phrased that way, went against something Tony said or inspired him instead of something involving Tony, that would be preferable to me without needing to dredge up his death.

Didn't Watts even say he might not actually be dead? It was just weird all around.
    I think Watts made that statement when the third movie was already planned so my interpretation was that in No Way Home Peter might meet an Uncle Ben from another timeline in which he didn't die. I believe his words were something like "everything is on the table" so that could have been a hint to the multiverse, and as we now know for sure the multiverse will be a thing in the next movie.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Ultimate Member

Ok. I guess they could do a "What if Ben lived" multiverse

My guess is Peter and friends are lost in the Multiverse and have to find their way back to their own universe. Along the way they meet other Spider-men, fight Eletro and a version of Doc Ock who won in his final battle against Spider-Man. They could possibly reference to Venom and Miles as well. This could explain the 'No Way Home' title and Fiege saying that Spider-Man could be part of more than one cinematic universe.

Simple, straight forward and lots of fan service. It's not what I wanted after the end of FFH but this is the only way I can see this working.

The real question, given that we know that no movie is going to do as well as pre-COVID era movies did, how will Disney react since they throw a lot of $$$ to make these flicks?

Ultimate Member

It can still possibly make a lot of money, considering it is Spider-Man after all

You just... made up your own argument to win lol?

That line in CW was fine... a bit clunky but fine.

Two full movies without a mention at all is odd.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    You just... made up your own argument to win lol?

That line in CW was fine... a bit clunky but fine.

Two full movies without a mention at all is odd.
    Agreed.

With Civil War, it was fine, that wasn't Parker's movie and the whole Uncle Ben/origin stuff wasn't necessary there.

But in Parker's own films? Ben's death should be explored in at least one conversation somewhere. I don't need another origin rehash and I'm glad the MCU has avoided that, but it's straight up weird as hell that Ben hasn't been mentioned at all, especially considering how that man's ghost is an ever-present cloud haunting all of Peter's choices in the source material.

But I long ago accepted the fact that MCU Spider-Man is Peter in name only. And I'm not the biggest Parker fan anyway, so /shrug.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

It's not like Peter was replaced by Bruce Wayne in the MCU. He's still more faithful to the source material than a lot of other MCU characters

To me it's like watching two different characters played by the same actor.

First is the Iron Spider-Lad: The Stark fanboy who got to live the dream, gets a cool suit, idolizes Stark, has to deal with his legacy and filling in his shoes while also cleaning up Stark's messes. Never really disillusioned by his flawed mentor.

The Ditko Spider-Man: He swings, he quips to hide his insecurities, he has this perpetual cloud of 'responsibility' hanging over his head to the point of sabotaging his prom date just because he can't knowingly let the villain walk away, he makes mistakes but out of the best of intentions (giving Mysterio EDITH) and has to fight like hell to correct them, would rather spend his time doing something normal rather than being a superhero, he builds his own web shooters, salvaged his own computer, etc.

All I'm saying is, there is a really good Spider-Man movie just hidden underneath the Stark armor.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

The real question, given that we know that no movie is going to do as well as pre-COVID era movies did, how will Disney react since they throw a lot of $$$ to make these flicks?
    My guess is that they’ll consider the 2021 releases successfull in spite of the circumstances. It’s their reaction to the 2022 releases that need to be watched since by that point enough people will be vaccinated and things should finally be back to normal.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"