Page 232 of 761 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332732 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 11410

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/disney-plus-marv...-more-to-come/

Which Marvel properties would you like adapted into the MCU as animated shows?

I would say the Power Pack would be a good fit.
    How about none? I’d prefer it if future animated projects were their own thing instead of being centered around the MCU.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

I think when it comes to connectivity the D+ shows and movies will connect with each other. I think there are going to be two factions. Casual fans only who watch the movies and die hards like myself and others who will watch everything. That being said, even though a casual fan can watch something in the middle they are going to miss some plot threads without watching the regular shows. So I like that the filmmakers are going to assume that audiences will have watched everything and they won't have to hold their hand. Actually this mirrors the comic reading experience where you can pick up any issue of something in the middle of the run. So, you either catch up and read the back issues or don't and just try to piece together as you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’d feel that way if Marvel’s current cartoons didn’t feel like low-budget MCU promotional materials anyway.
    I get that, but that's just part of the problem. They just keep treating the cartoons as extensions or promotions of the movie or its universe.

Even if the quality is better it still feels so limiting.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I think when it comes to connectivity the D+ shows and movies will connect with each other. I think there are going to be two factions. Casual fans only who watch the movies and die hards like myself and others who will watch everything. That being said, even though a casual fan can watch something in the middle they are going to miss some plot threads without watching the regular shows. So I like that the filmmakers are going to assume that audiences will have watched everything and they won't have to hold their hand. Actually this mirrors the comic reading experience where you can pick up any issue of something in the middle of the run. So, you either catch up and read the back issues or don't and just try to piece together as you go.
    Yeah, I don't see this being a huge problem for the MCU itself

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with being a kid show. There are a lot of high quality kid shows.

Admittedly Marvel hasn't had the best track record on that front in the past few years.
    But making it into a kids show often 'dumbs' things down. You can't do anything too intense. And personally, I don't really want to watch something geared towards kids. That's why I'm interested in What If

And Western animation often seems to act like cartoons = kids, unless it's a Simpsons/Family Guy type show

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I'd like to see stuff like 1602 be done animated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    But making it into a kids show often 'dumbs' things down. You can't do anything too intense. And personally, I don't really want to watch something geared towards kids. That's why I'm interested in What If

And Western animation often seems to act like cartoons = kids, unless it's a Simpsons/Family Guy type show
    I mean, I've watched some pretty intense stuff in children's cartoons.
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I'd like to see stuff like 1602 be done animated.
    That would be pretty fun .

Ultimate Member

I mean, I've watched some pretty intense stuff in children's cartoons.
    I guess so. But I'd like to see a superhero animated series aimed more at the general audience, rather than just kids.

I guess so. But I'd like to see a superhero animated series aimed more at the general audience, rather than just kids.
    Well, I think that's what an "all ages" cartoon ostensibly does.

Niffleheim

Yep, with superhero animation the target should be all ages
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-02-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Ultimate Member

Ok, but then, in that case, it's not aimed at kids.

Ok, but then, in that case, it's not aimed at kids.
    I guess? I mean, at the end of the day it can be aimed at kids but appeal to more than just kids, is what I'm saying.

Ultimate Member

I guess? I mean, at the end of the day it can be aimed at kids but appeal to more than just kids, is what I'm saying.
    It can but I'd prefer otherwise. I don't want to see something omitted just because it might be problematic for 10 years olds. Otherwise, I'd just watch Spongebob. I'd enjoy it if it was at least MCU level.

It can but I'd prefer otherwise. I don't want to see something omitted just because it might be problematic for 10 years olds. Otherwise, I'd just watch Spongebob. I'd enjoy it if it was at least MCU level.
    I guess for me I grew up with the DCAU and certain Marvel cartoons where I feel like they toed the line fairly well.

The article just says they are doing more animated shows and more seasons of 'What If?'. Nowhere does it mention that all the animated shows will be based on or tie into the MCU. Cheap MCU promo material was Loeb's era. This is a new chapter in Marvel's animation world.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hey remember when Kevin tried to say you didn't HAVE to watch the Disney plus shows lol?

Now What If is considered "important"
    Where did you get that? They always said that plot lines and characters introduced in the D+ shows will flow into the movies.

Kevin just said the movies will still have a standalone quality to it. Kind of like IM3 is a sequel to the Avengers but they don't spend the whole movie recapping the events of Avengers and still have it's own A-plot. The main plot of the movies have always been standalone with some connections to the greater MCU. That's how they've always functioned. The events of WV will be referenced in DS2 but the A-plot will be about something else.

Also, the end of Endgame had Steve passing down the shield to Sam so no casuals would be surprised when Cap 4 hits and he is in the suit but if they had seen Falcon & WS, they would have a deeper understanding and appreciation for why he wears the suit.

Ultimate Member

I guess for me I grew up with the DCAU and certain Marvel cartoons where I feel like they toed the line fairly well.
    I liked those DCAU cartoons but I'd still like if at least some future Marvel cartoons were a bit more mature. Nothing exploitative or extreme, but like the MCU at least.