Page 156 of 775 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256656 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 11611
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In my personal opinion? No.
    Ok, well, I think Holland's Spider-Man does a lot of things better than the other ones. Not everything, but some things. And he's far from the most changed characters in adaptation

He's not necessarily wrong but I think being friends with Gunn makes it harder for him to criticize him specifically.

I think they screwed Gamora and Mantis over too.
    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, I read that Ms. Marvel finished filming in Thailand despite cases there going up because the filming crew had a waiver. I'm looking forward to this series. The teaser kind of makes it looks like a teen family drama, but I hope it's more than that. Kind of the sense where WandaVision started out as one thing (homages to classic tv). and then turned into something else by the end (MCU type action)
    Teen family drama sounds generic, but I won't judge yet

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    He should direct those criticism towards his bestie who wrote dialogue about big turds and green whores for his character. Drax couldn't even beat Ronan how the hell could he tangle with Thanos? Both Gunn and Bautista did say Vol. 3 will be their last I can't wait for 2023.
    Correction...

couldn't even MAKE RONAN FLINCH lol.

Oh and don't forge the "im invisible" thing in IW...

GoG had him as a "doens't understand sarcasm" type character for laughs... GoG and IW turned him into a straight idiot
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

"I will impart on you everything Mr. Stark taught me" .

I'd need eighty years before I could buy Holland's Peter meeting Miles.
    I don't even hate Iron-Boy but that line made me puke in my mouth a bit lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok, well, I think Holland's Spider-Man does a lot of things better than the other ones. Not everything, but some things.
    What do you mean by Holland's Spider-Man doing a lot of things better?

And he's far from the most changed characters in adaptation
    lol In comparison to the comic book he is hardly the same character

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Correction...

couldn't even MAKE RONAN FLINCH lol.

Oh and don't forge the "im invisible" thing in IW...

GoG had him as a "doens't understand sarcasm" type character for laughs... GoG and IW turned him into a straight idiot
    He couldn't even make Ronan remember him until he beat Drax's ass in to a pool of Celestial body fluid lol

Ultimate Member

What do you mean by Holland's Spider-Man doing a lot of things better?

lol In comparison to the comic book he is hardly the same character
    I mean in comparison to previous adaptations. I think he's better than Tobey or Andrew for the most part. I'm glad they dropped some of the tropes of the earlier movies, like hiding his identity from his family or being a loner who never talks to anyone.

And while he's different from the comic book version, he still hasn't been changed as much as Ant-Man (Hank), Wasp (Janet and Hope), Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, most of the Guardians, the original Captain Marvel, Ultron, even Thanos to some extent. Compared to them, Spider-Man is still mostly the same

Niffleheim

And while he's different from the comic book version, he still hasn't been changed as much as Ant-Man (Hank), Wasp (Janet and Hope), Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, most of the Guardians, the original Captain Marvel, Ultron, even Thanos to some extent. Compared to them, Spider-Man is still mostly the same
    Let us agree to disagree then there is no need to rehash this discussion but compared to the rest he is the MOST changed.

Ultimate Member

Let us agree to disagree then there is no need to rehash this discussion but compared to the rest he is the MOST changed.
    I disagree but we'll move on

Disney Announces Marvel Watch Parties With Avengers: Endgame, Thor & More Ahead of Loki Series Debut
    https://thedirect.com/article/avenge...el-watch-party

Marvel’s ‘Shang-Chi,’ ‘Eternals’ May Face Uphill Battle to Enter China
    https://variety.com/2021/film/news/m...se-1234971166/

Shang-Chi dragon for sale at Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Hasbro.../dp/B08MVR64FT
    Last edited by Witchfan; 05-12-2021 at 09:10 AM.

Ultimate Member

I can understand why some Chinese people would be wary. Still, I think Marvel realizes enough what the situation it and won't make a totally stereotypical movie

Astonishing Member

He really, really isn’t.
    Last edited by Rincewind; 05-12-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    He really, really isn’t”t.
    [Punch & Judy]
    Oh yes he is.
    [/Punch & Judy]

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    One of the rumors which I hope is true, is that 'No Way Home' ends with Peter graduating High School and the next trilogy will focus on him in college. This would give Marvel the opportunity to introduce Miles.

I wonder if they will do a join custody deal for Miles the same way they did for Peter. Or for any of the Spider-characters that Sony owns.

Miles and Kamala have an interesting dynamic which they can build upon.
    I don't think we're getting a second trilogy at all. Far as I know, Holland isn't contracted for one, and the Disney-Sony deal expires then too. Sony already tried to get out of this once, I don't expect them to sign up for more.

I do think we'll see a new trilogy and it'll likely be Miles focused and spin out from Holland, but I think Sony will do it on their own and the film/s won't be part of the MCU despite launching off of Holland.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Bautista REALLY wants killed off doesn't he lol?
    I think he does, yeah.

Also, "Gunn is a Genius!" and then... "Marvel dropped the ball with the Destroyer!"
    It can be both. Gunn *is* a genius (not literally but he makes a damn fun movie) and he and Marvel *did* drop the ball with Drax. I enjoy movie Drax and Bautista's performance is glorious, but the character is far removed from the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, I read that Ms. Marvel finished filming in Thailand despite cases there going up because the filming crew had a waiver. I'm looking forward to this series. The teaser kind of makes it looks like a teen family drama, but I hope it's more than that. Kind of the sense where WandaVision started out as one thing (homages to classic tv). and then turned into something else by the end (MCU type action)
    I kinda hope it *doesn't* end with a big movie cgi slug-fest, honestly. I mean, I want my action sequences but devoting the whole finale to that...I don't need that (finale was the weakest episode of Wandavision, I thought) Or, if we have to get a episode long battle royale, I hope it happens in the penultimate episode so the finale can be free from that required spectacle and focus on resolving the story.

As for it's tone and/or subgenre or whatever, I kinda expect a fairly traditional MCU formula with a healthy dose of the original Wilson run; closely following the basic "Iron Man" blueprint but more light hearted and comedic. Unlike the previous Disney+ shows, this is an origin story for a new character Marvel probably has high hopes for; I think they'll stick closely to what they know works. And I don't put any stock in the rumors I've heard about her powers and origin being completely different. They might omit the Inhumans, but I expect this to be a pretty typical adaptation.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Putting the fight in the penultimate episode of Ms. Marvel could work. Then the last one finishes all the plot points, aside from those continuing into future projects

Extraordinary Member

I can understand why some Chinese people would be wary. Still, I think Marvel realizes enough what the situation it and won't make a totally stereotypical movie
    Here some other views.
    Marvel's Shang-Chi Responds To Negative Criticism & Backlash