Page 7 of 761 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Captain Marvel is such a hero for punching an old lady!
    If I've learned anything from 10 years and change serving dinner to the elderly, it's a white-hot hatred for anyone who lets 'em out in public.

More granny-punching for the MCU is a net positive.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Her voice is softer than I was expecting

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Captain Marvel is such a hero for punching an old lady!
    probably a Skrull
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    spoilers:
    If the trailer is accurate and the Kree seemingly tied Carol to a machine and wiped her memories essentially, then it'd give her plenty of reason to turn on them once she realized what colossal A-holes they can be.
    end of spoilers
    I mean, the kree shot we have is Ronan (ahole), koruth (ahole), minerva (ahole) lol

we don't even know who Jude is playing, but he could be a villain as well.

The Kree are definitely ass holes
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    It's like Sam Jackson appeared in this immediately after Die Hard 3.
    Yeah, It's super crazy what they can do with technology these days.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    probably a Skrull
    I kinda doubt that Marvel Studios would have Carol, who is supposed to be the most powerful hero we've seen yet, punch an old woman. And look at that shot! That's not just some tiny jab, Carol was really winding up for that one. And the smile on the old woman? Creepy!

Yeah, definitely a skrull.

I enjoyed the trailer. I'm surprised at how much of Carol's history they appear to be taking in too. I honestly expected them to pull mostly from KSD-onwards, only pulling in previous material where they had to. But it looks like they dove pretty deep into the well (aside from anything mutant related, obviously) and that excites me.

Like every Marvel movie, the teaser didn't blow my mind but I know better than to make assumptions. This'll be great, I'm sure.

And I really enjoyed the final shot of Carol powering up. People are talking about the "money shot" but as far as I'm concerned, this was good enough for now. Maybe in the full-length trailer I'll want to see her blow up a planet or whatever, but just seeing her go "super saiyan" was enough for the teaser, I think.

My only real question is: Chewie; regular cat or alien? Because I could see this movie going either way on that and as much as I hate the alien cat in the comics (can't Carol have *one* normal thing in her life???) in the movie that could be some stupid fun comedy relief. And I hope the cat does show up somewhere, and isn't just a little easter egg on the poster.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Agreed.

Generally I enjoy Marvel movies. Outside of 2 or 3. They've all been solid for me even for films I ultimately didn't like. This one was slightly underwhelming for me.

Not as bad as say Venom's teaser trailer, which was very disappointing (fortunately the next trailer was amazing)

I literally didn't know Carol had amnesia/memory loss issues till I saw this video

I've read a few of the Ms. Marvel runs not so much the Captain Marvel runs. Not sure I love this new revelation. This seems like it could be incredibly troublesome
    The J-man

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Marvel Studios reportedly planning to produce their own spin-off TV shows for Disney Play, with Kevin Feige in control. Loki and Scarlet Witch are two potential franchises:

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/l...ce-1202947551/

Honestly, this sounds amazing. It could really work as a complement to the MCU. It's a pity that they didn't think of this sooner and we ended up getting stuff like Inhumans. Marvel Studios should've always been in control of all MCU properties.

Very interesting. I'm definitely stoked. I wonder how often we will get series and if any would play at the same time. I think Wanda and Loki are fantastic choices for the first round... I already have a wish list. Lol.

Lady Sif, explaining her recent absences.
    Hawkeye, introducing Kate Bishop (and also include Bobbi Morse).
    Hank Pym and Janet van Dyne, as a period piece in their prime age.
    Wong, defending the Sanctum.
    Nakia and the Dora Milaje, diving into their culture and how they've developed.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Very interesting. I'm definitely stoked. I wonder how often we will get series and if any would play at the same time. I think Wanda and Loki are fantastic choices for the first round... I already have a wish list. Lol.

Lady Sif, explaining her recent absences.
    Hawkeye, introducing Kate Bishop (and also include Bobbi Morse).
    Hank Pym and Janet van Dyne, as a period piece in their prime age.
    Wong, defending the Sanctum.
    Nakia and the Dora Milaje, diving into their culture and how they've developed.
    I love all of these! I would add Shuri, War Machine, Falcon, maybe one or more of the Guardians getting their own shows? Scarlet Witch and a Hank Pym mini would be a great way to start introducing Young Avengers like Wiccan and an older Cassie, or Avengers Academy character’s like Hazmat and Reptil, to eventually get their own series on the service.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Well that was fast:

It's now a meme.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Yeah, It's super crazy what they can do with technology these days.
    I'm still imagining all the 90's Jackson memes which will spin out of this movie...

"No sir, we don't know what the Skrull look lik-"
    "DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BI##H?"

Ultimate Member

Tessa Thompson Valkyrie show as well please.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Well that was fast:

It's now a meme.
    I love that!

Extraordinary Member

I think I will enjoy Carol's solo film.

Personally, I love MCU Ronan. I'm happy he's back.

I'm really hoping they take treat Ronan right this time around. He was just a one-dimensional zealot in GotG, and I felt like that was a huge loss. The MCU rarely handles its villains well, but Ronan was a highlight of disappointment for me. He's such a fascinating character, and they just turned him into a bad stereotypical terrorist. Such a waste.

But now? We might not only get to see Ronan in a more recognizable, interesting form, but maybe even the event/s that lead to his downfall into Kree renegade? That could salvage the character for me.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.