Page 163 of 773 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263663 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 11594
    Mighty Member

Real excited for the What If? series coming in August, first foray from Marvel Studios in animation. I hope they can do other animated projects going forward too. One possible idea I read about is an animated series focused on the 5 year gap between Infinity War and Endgame.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I like older heroes so we can agree to disagree on that.
    Uh, sure

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Real excited for the What If? series coming in August, first foray from Marvel Studios in animation. I hope they can do other animated projects going forward too. One possible idea I read about is an animated series focused on the 5 year gap between Infinity War and Endgame.
    What If? looks interesting. I'd be open to more animated MCU projects as well

I want more cartoons that aren't centered around or directly inspired by the MCU.

I want more EMH and less Avengers Assemble.

In defense of the web shooters: he already had them when he met Stark and even he was impressed by what Peter did. Tony may have been using his own web shooters in CW since I doubt Tony managed to upgrade them that quickly before the airport fight. Peter is also using his own web shooters in the final fight against the Vulture and the web shooter he used to take out Mysterio's drones in FFH was designed by himself (even though it was Stark Tech). So I disagree on Peter's accomplishment with his web shooters being taken away from him.
    I agree; Peter built his webshooters from crap he pulled out of dumpsters and created his web fluid in between assignments in chemistry class. That's pretty damn impressive, and even Tony thought so. The fact that Tony, an adult with limitless money, resources and tons more education and experience, was able to improve on Peter's designs does not slight Peter in the least.

And we see what Peter can do with the kind of resources Tony has in FFH, and Peter's work is equally solid. Hell, I think the MCU has done a better job of highlighting Peter's intellect than the previous films have; Parker's on the academic decathlon, builds his own Tony-worthy suit...even his throw-away comments in Civil War about Sam's wings and Steve's shield do more to highlight how smart the kid is than the Toby and Andrew films typically did.

There's plenty of places where the MCU went sideways with Parker, but I don't think his intelligence is one of them.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want more cartoons that aren't centered around or directly inspired by the MCU.

I want more EMH and less Avengers Assemble.
    Loeb is the one who green lit Avengers Assemble. Now that he's gone maybe Marvel Animation can finally get back on track.

I hope What If turns out to be a boon for Marvel Animation. It feels like all the hype around live action has taken the wind out of animation's sails.

I still wish Sony and Marvel had there own versions of Spiderman and hey the cream of the crop will rise to the top be it Sony or the MCU because the latter at least to this point is not doing it for me at all(only thing that would change my mind somewhat is if Sony was the ones so insistent on tying Spiderman to Tony Stark's hip)....but given the Spider Verse movie and the PS4 games especially the first there are some ppl at Sony that know how to handle to him at least in games and animated anyway and Jon Watts for me as a film maker is kinda stale hope his FF4 comes off better.

Extraordinary Member

MCU Producer Explains Why MCU TV Series Took So Long To Get Made

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I agree; Peter built his webshooters from crap he pulled out of dumpsters and created his web fluid in between assignments in chemistry class. That's pretty damn impressive, and even Tony thought so. The fact that Tony, an adult with limitless money, resources and tons more education and experience, was able to improve on Peter's designs does not slight Peter in the least.

And we see what Peter can do with the kind of resources Tony has in FFH, and Peter's work is equally solid. Hell, I think the MCU has done a better job of highlighting Peter's intellect than the previous films have; Parker's on the academic decathlon, builds his own Tony-worthy suit...even his throw-away comments in Civil War about Sam's wings and Steve's shield do more to highlight how smart the kid is than the Toby and Andrew films typically did.

There's plenty of places where the MCU went sideways with Parker, but I don't think his intelligence is one of them.
    Only problem is it's yet another Iron Man-ism they tacked on to Spider-Man. So like with a lot of MCU Spider-Man it feels one step forward and another step back from the shadow of Tony Stark.

I feel like Garfield did a lot of creative thinking and science stuff in the Amazing films, even if he needed Gwen Stacy to tell him how to stop Electro or needing to be reminded how batteries worked (and Emma Stone viewed Gwen as the "brains" of the pair), and Tobey's science experience defined his relationship with Norman and Otto to a certain extent.

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    I still wish Sony and Marvel had there own versions of Spiderman and hey the cream of the crop will rise to the top be it Sony or the MCU because the latter at least to this point is not doing it for me at all(only thing that would change my mind somewhat is if Sony was the ones so insistent on tying Spiderman to Tony Stark's hip)....but given the Spider Verse movie and the PS4 games especially the first there are some ppl at Sony that know how to handle to him at least in games and animated anyway and Jon Watts for me as a film maker is kinda stale hope his FF4 comes off better.
    They still have rights to the other Spider-people and even the Spider-verse. For example, Silk is getting her own tv show so they could just use one of them.

Mighty Member

So, was watching the recent CBR video ranking the MCU heroes by their powers and Carol came in first. It mentions that she hasn't been used much in the MCU because "she's too powerful". That's kind of the tricky thing with writing her right? Why introduce an OP character and not know how to take them down a peg or two at times?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Those are some good points. Although I feel he did more science than the previous live action versions
    He does about as much Science as any recent modern version. The Stark connection mostly explains how he got access to tools and tech that a broke16 year old kid wouldn't necessarily have access to.

If we are gonna be honest, the Homecoming film goes out of its way to show that web fluid is of Pete's own making which the last two Spider Man live action series figured audiences would never buy and so change it.

Ultimate Member

So, was watching the recent CBR video ranking the MCU heroes by their powers and Carol came in first. It mentions that she hasn't been used much in the MCU because "she's too powerful". That's kind of the tricky thing with writing her right? Why introduce an OP character and not know how to take them down a peg or two at times?
    There's plenty of ways she could be OP and still not easily achieve her objective

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    He does about as much Science as any recent modern version. The Stark connection mostly explains how he got access to tools and tech that a broke16 year old kid wouldn't necessarily have access to.

If we are gonna be honest, the Homecoming film goes out of its way to show that web fluid is of Pete's own making which the last two Spider Man live action series figured audiences would never buy and so change it.
    That's true.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Lilly just confirmed on social media that she read the script for Quantumania. She tagged Corey Stoll so people are speculating he is coming back as Darren Cross.

I think Cross died but they could bring him back via time travel. I think it would be cool if they took a page from the Avengers Forever comic storyline and had Kang recruit Cross from earlier in the timeline as Yellowjacket against the heroes at some point.

Cross was such a one dimensional villain who was beaten by a rookie Ant-Man, what would be the point of bringing him back?

Cross was such a one dimensional villain who was beaten by a rookie Ant-Man, what would be the point of bringing him back?
    They probably liked working with the actor. And time travel is a way to bring him back without taking away from his death.