Page 225 of 286 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 4281
  1. #3361
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    10,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Move on" kind of implies a failed past relationship to begin with.
    I meant move on from being single.

    Honestly, I'm not sure why Clea didn't show up in the first movie.

  2. #3362
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    10,128

    Default

    I honestly don't know how Venom will fit into Spider-Man. Perhaps the whole multiverse angle folds him in.

  3. #3363
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    71,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I meant move on from being single.

    Honestly, I'm not sure why Clea didn't show up in the first movie.
    I can't say for sure why (I guess they didn't think they could fit her into the story) and they needed a convenient character for Stephen's past life.

  4. #3364
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    10,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't say for sure why (I guess they didn't think they could fit her into the story) and they needed a convenient character for Stephen's past life.
    I guess she couldn't fit in but she is from the Dark dimension, right? There might've been a way. I guess wr might see her in MoM but that seems even more crowded

  5. #3365
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,679

    Default

    Haven't read any Spider books lately so I could be wrong here, but the only thing that connects Gorr to Venom is the weapon Gorr carries right? All-Black the Necrosword? That was forged by the symboite god Knull or something, correct?

    That weapon was already kinda-sorta in the MCU anyway, with Hela. While not actually called All-Black, the sword did have a big influence on the film's treatment of her.
    I kinda expect that in Love & Thunder, Gorr will just pick it up off Hela's corpse.

    I wouldn't even worry about any of that though. Venom is a Spider, it's infinitely more important to get him up in Parker's face than it is to dive into the nitty gritty of goo alien religion (though it does sound cool from what I've heard). And the multiverse can be great for a quick run-in between Holland and Hardy, but if you really wanna get into the rivalry between these two then you just introduce the Venom of Peter's earth. Leave the Hardy films on the shelf, and make the MCU version of Venom. You *could* have one of them move to the other earth but then you're throwing "multiversal refugee from another Studio" into the mix and that feels like a complication everyone is better off avoiding.

    The multiverse is great and I like that Marvel is trying to bring everything in as variant timelines. Opens up a lot of possibility. But I don't want them to use it for quick cheats.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-27-2021 at 03:23 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

    ~ Black Panther.

  6. #3366
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    10,128

    Default

    Would you still keep Tom Hardy?

  7. #3367
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I see. But honestly, I don't think it was absolutely necessary. Strange doesn't need a failed past relationship in order to move on with Clea
    That's the story they wanted to tell and moving on to someone more compatible with you after a failed relationship is how it works in real life too.

  8. #3368
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,665

    Default

    M'baku is Batman now!

    Winston Duke (M'baku from Black Panther) will voice Batman/Bruce Wayne is David S Goyer's 'Batman Unburied' podcast along with Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy, General Zhao) as Alfred.

    More details here:

    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...st-1234988336/

    Duke will star as Bruce Wayne, with Harry Potter actor Jason Isaacs joining as Alfred, Batman’s trusty butler. No other castings have yet been announced, but Spotify is sharing new plot details about the podcast, which is described as a psychological thriller that dives into the mind of Bruce Wayne and features dark twists and classic Batman villains.

    Here’s the logline: “When audiences meet Bruce Wayne he is a forensic pathologist, working in the bowels of Gotham Hospital and tasked with examining the victims of The Harvester, a gruesome serial killer preying on Gotham’s citizens. Not only will the superhero be forced to face his own mental demons, but he will also have to overcome them in order to save the citizens of Gotham as his alter-ego Batman.”
    I can hear it now: "Black Panther 2 must suck that's why Winston is jumping ship to DC! He knows something we don't know".

  9. #3369
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,665

    Default

    They will either remain separate or it will be left open ended in such a way that they can connect the dots later on if they wanted to.

    I always thought it was a missed opportunity in IW when Peter is clinging to the side of the flying doughnut and begins to fall and it's the Iron Spider suit that saves him and not he symbiote that hitched a ride on the ship like a cosmic equivalent of a bug on a windshield. Its too bad they were in the 'we are trying very hard not to reference anything from the previous films' phase of the MCU Spider-Man movies.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-27-2021 at 03:23 PM.

  10. #3370
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    10,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That's the story they wanted to tell and moving on to someone more compatible with you after a failed relationship is how it works in real life too.
    I guess, but I don't recall that being part of Strange's journey in the comics.

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They will either remain separate or it will be left open ended in such a way that they can connect the dots later on if they wanted to.

    I always thought it was a missed opportunity in IW when Peter is clinging to the side of the flying doughnut and begins to fall and it's the Iron Spider suit that saves him and not he symbiote that hitched a ride on the ship like a cosmic equivalent of a bug on a windshield. Its too bad they were in the 'we are trying very hard not to reference anything from the previous films' phase of the MCU Spider-Man movies.
    Wouldn't it make more sense if Peter got the symbiote while he was on Titan?
    Last edited by Mik; 07-27-2021 at 09:07 AM.

  11. #3371
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    71,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They will either remain separate or it will be left open ended in such a way that they can connect the dots later on if they wanted to.

    I always thought it was a missed opportunity in IW when Peter is clinging to the side of the flying doughnut and begins to fall and it's the Iron Spider suit that saves him and not he symbiote that hitched a ride on the ship like a cosmic equivalent of a bug on a windshield. Its too bad they were in the 'we are trying very hard not to reference anything from the previous films' phase of the MCU Spider-Man movies.
    If the MCU had full access to Spider-Man and Venom's rights I think that probably would have happened.

  12. #3372
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I guess, but I don't recall that being part of Strange's journey in the comics.
    It doesn't have to so long as it serves the story.

    Wouldn't it make more sense if Peter got the symbiote while he was on Titan?
    No it has to happen early. Establish his suit upgrade since Titan is when they cross over with the Guardians and later fight Thanos.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If the MCU had full access to Spider-Man and Venom's rights I think that probably would have happened.
    Yeah, it's a shame that Sony is so impatient. Especially since Marvel is in such a perfect position to deliver them billions.

  13. #3373
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    10,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It doesn't have to so long as it serves the story.
    I guess adaptations can change things, but like I said earlier, I'd prefer if it be less cliche.

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    No it has to happen early. Establish his suit upgrade since Titan is when they cross over with the Guardians and later fight Thanos.
    But how would the symbiote get attached to him before that?

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yeah, it's a shame that Sony is so impatient. Especially since Marvel is in such a perfect position to deliver them billions.
    Too bad they can't hurry up with the Spider-Woman movie. Somehow Morbius is getting a movie first.

  14. #3374
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    71,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    But how would the symbiote get attached to him before that?
    Well, they were in space, probably a variety of ways to work it in.

  15. #3375
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    10,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they were in space, probably a variety of ways to work it in.
    Ok. My thought was he finds the symbiote on Titan. Idk why a Klyntar would be there, though

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •