Page 43 of 775 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143543 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can see it being a government-created team that Zemo ends up co-opting into his own Thunderbolts/Masters of Evil.
    I'd be OK with that, or some other more realistic way of doing the original concept - it's true that in a movie they would have to do more than just have a new super-team show up and everyone believes they're legit.

But if they don't find some way of using the concept of a hero team that is actually working for evil (but then some of the villains decide to turn good), it's not really Thunderbolts.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    If Thunderbolts isn't the Zemo incarnation but is instead a knock-off Suicide Squad with Ross, I'm gonna be mad...
    Better start counting to ten slowly. The MCU never did the world-building it would take to give us Busiek's T-Bolts. I know they had only so many films to work with, but I really would have loved to see Phase 2 build toward and culminate in a Masters of Evil throwdown.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Looks like the effects of Kevin Feige being ''the boss of Marvel'' are already starting to show:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/11...ngers-endgame/

It'll be pretty cool to see what other comic book people will be more in touch with Marvel Studios and what they'll have to offer to the movies going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Better start counting to ten slowly. The MCU never did the world-building it would take to give us Busiek's T-Bolts. I know they had only so many films to work with, but I really would have loved to see Phase 2 build toward and culminate in a Masters of Evil throwdown.
    Yeah, even for some of the more iconic members of the T-Bolts, I'm expecting they'll make their debut in the actual movie instead of debuting as a villain first.

Although maybe we'll get Fixer in Falcon and Winter Solider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Looks like the effects of Kevin Feige being ''the boss of Marvel'' are already starting to show:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/11...ngers-endgame/

It'll be pretty cool to see what other comic book people will be more in touch with Marvel Studios and what they'll have to offer to the movies going forward.
    I didn't even know Starlin co-created Shang-Chi .

I don't think having the villains be pre-existing characters from previous movies is essential.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I don't think having the villains be pre-existing characters from previous movies is essential.
    I guess it depends on which version of the T-Bolts you prefer. Half the fun of Busiek's group was their backstory (not to mention one of the best plot twists in all comics, ever). I can see how it could be done without infusing them with roots in the MCU. I think I'd find it acceptable, but unsatisfying somehow.

I think just having Zemo there as the preestablished villainous presence would be sufficient for an adaptation of the original Busiek team.

I wouldn't be surprised if they split the difference, myself.

Ross makes his own Suicide Squad. Zemo is in the mix and plays the con where "yeah, everyone is down with this, let's be heroes and make the most of the opportunity" while secretly planning a betrayal. Some Thunderbolts side with Zemo and just play the hero role while they have to, others side with Ross and actually want to go legit. In the third act, Zemo makes his play, Ross discovers the betrayal, the Thunderbolts are split down the middle and you've got your big final fight scene.

Sounds a lot like rehashing Civil War, but the fact that you're dealing with a bunch of villains and their government handler would probably help make the actual story beats unique enough for Thunderbolts to not be a *complete* rip off.

And of course, Marvel is no stranger to recycling narratives anyway.

That's assuming Thunderbolts actually happen. We've been hearing rumors about that since like, Phase 2.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...-mutants.html/

Rumor is they might be developing an Excalibur movie.
    SCOOP – 11/7/19: Excalibur is coming to the MCU. Based on the Chris Claremont/Alan Davis comic-book series, Excalibur will be hybrid of fantasy and comedy featuring time travel, magic, and superheroics. This is part of Kevin Feige’s grand plan to inject new creative blood into the mutant franchise. If you’re wondering why Marvel Studios is introducing the Black Knight in The Eternals, this relatively obscure character is part of a larger overall goal, an X-Men offshoot that will be radically different from the main mutant films they will produce. Not only that, but it provides Captain Britain opportunities to soar. Imagine the MCU filtered through Time Bandits with a dash of Monty Python British humor.
    Don't quote me on any of this, I'm just the messenger. What would you think of an Excalibur movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post

Don't quote me on any of this, I'm just the messenger. What would you think of an Excalibur movie?
    I wonder if they'd use this to introduce Kitty, Kurt, and Betsy instead of in X-Men movies.

Or maybe merge it with MI-13.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they split the difference, myself.

Ross makes his own Suicide Squad. Zemo is in the mix and plays the con where "yeah, everyone is down with this, let's be heroes and make the most of the opportunity" while secretly planning a betrayal. Some Thunderbolts side with Zemo and just play the hero role while they have to, others side with Ross and actually want to go legit. In the third act, Zemo makes his play, Ross discovers the betrayal, the Thunderbolts are split down the middle and you've got your big final fight scene.

Sounds a lot like rehashing Civil War, but the fact that you're dealing with a bunch of villains and their government handler would probably help make the actual story beats unique enough for Thunderbolts to not be a *complete* rip off.

And of course, Marvel is no stranger to recycling narratives anyway.

That's assuming Thunderbolts actually happen. We've been hearing rumors about that since like, Phase 2.
    That's probably enough going on to merit three films rather than three acts. I'd be good with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post

Eh, it's not a property I'm very interested or invested in, and doing a "MCU movie....but now with British! comedy" only holds a small amount of appeal. I love me some British comedy but I don't think that, in and of itself, would be enough to make such a film stand out.

However, it's the MCU and they have yet to really let me down. Even their bad films are watchable and enjoyable for background noise if nothing else. So until they start making bad films they've more than earned my trust and I'd certainly watch an Excalibur movie. Might not see it in theaters but I'd probably get the blu-ray.

I'd be more interested in a Captain Britain movie that got into the whole multiverse thing.

That's probably enough going on to merit three films rather than three acts. I'd be good with that.
    Yeah, you could probably spread such a narrative out across a few movies. Might be a better approach so you have stuff left to do in the inevitable sequels.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Excerpt from Feige's interview at The Hollywood Reporter:
    Feige is currently developing shows based around Ms. Marvel — the studio's first Muslim hero — as well as She-Hulk and Moon Knight. All three will appear on the big screen after their Disney+ debuts, the exec confirms.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...attack-1253710

I know for some it's a foregone conclusion, but it's nice to hear it from Feige himself.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

I know for some it's a foregone conclusion, but it's nice to hear it from Feige himself.
    I thought he had confirmed Kamala (at least) moving into movies after her show already?

Still good to hear.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

I guess the question is then what movies they'll pop up in.

Ms. Marvel in Captain Marvel 2 seems obvious enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Eh, it's not a property I'm very interested or invested in, and doing a "MCU movie....but now with British! comedy" only holds a small amount of appeal. I love me some British comedy but I don't think that, in and of itself, would be enough to make such a film stand out.
    I'd like to think they would lean more on their British heroes then on the comedy, in so much as most MCU movies are half-comedies these days.