Page 67 of 773 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167567 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 11593

Variety says that Sam Raimi is in talks to direct the Doctor Strange sequel, and that Rachel McAdams would not return as Christine.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Variety says that Sam Raimi is in talks to direct the Doctor Strange sequel, and that Rachel McAdams would not return as Christine.
    Well, that's unexpected. Not sure what to think, other than Sam Raimi is definitely a name that will keep high hopes for this movie.

As for Rachel not returning... not so shocking. It never felt like her character was a big deal, tbh. And with Clea possibly coming up, the romantic interest role is probably already going to be filled. I could only see her character having any future if they decided to make her the Night Nurse.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-05-2020 at 09:23 PM.

It’s a shame that they wasted McAdams. She could have been a good Clea or even Sue Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    It’s a shame that they wasted McAdams. She could have been a good Clea or even Sue Storm.
    what if she just wasn't interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Bob Iger says there are 7 Marvel shows in development/pre-production for Disney+, in addition to the 3 that are already filming. We know 5 of those shows. That means there are 2 shows that haven't been announced yet. Place your bets!
    Could be anything.

There's a lot of talk about a Champions/Young Avengers lineup, and we've got or are getting several of them already. So maybe Nova?

I'm sure the FF will debut in a movie, but it could be something building that up, like a Doom origin series, or even a FF origin series?

Could be the same kind of build up for the X-Men. A Logan, Magneto, or Xavier origin story?

Or could be the Defenders. By the time these last two shows get made that two year waiting period will be over right? So Daredevil or Luke Cage?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    what if she just wasn't interested?
    I wouldn’t blame her. Her role in the first one was boring and they wasted her talent. I wouldn’t come back for it if I was her.

BANNED

Meh.
    Not sure how she was wasted, the character was all it needed to be, one of the last connections Strange has to the non-mystic world.
    No more, no less.

Raimi is quite the upgrade from Derrickson.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    Meh.
    Not sure how she was wasted, the character was all it needed to be, one of the last connections Strange has to the non-mystic world.
    No more, no less.
    The character was all she needed to be yeah, but she was (rightfully) a minor player, while the actress is skilled and capable of much more.

Marvel's made a habit of this. Look at how many major, A-list actors have played super minor roles in Marvel films. And not just the flavor of the month actors but like, the real monoliths. Glenn Close got less screen time than Chris Pratt's dancing, yknow?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

It's possible McAdams will be back at some point. Supporting characters show up other places like Thunderbolt Ross in Avengers or Happy in Spider-Man. If they eventually make her into Night Nurse she could show up helping out someone like Moon Knight (for example) with injuries. Or not.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

A Silver Surfer movie is coming.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e633gSiuxA

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    The character was all she needed to be yeah, but she was (rightfully) a minor player, while the actress is skilled and capable of much more.

Marvel's made a habit of this. Look at how many major, A-list actors have played super minor roles in Marvel films. And not just the flavor of the month actors but like, the real monoliths. Glenn Close got less screen time than Chris Pratt's dancing, yknow?
    Ok and?
    Star-Lord was the main character and she wasn't.

Extraordinary Member

Eternals Trailer Coming Soon & More - MCU News

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Right? This is what stuff like SHIELD wanted to be. Now instead of just a road connecting formats there's traffic going both ways. It'll be really interesting to see how it develops. Moments like this, you really gotta give props to Fiege and his crew; they've built a rather unprecedented thing here, and keep finding new and innovative ways to grow.

And man, I gotta say I was looking forward to Falcon & Winter Soldier more than anything on D+, but Wandavision? Hot damn. That looks fantastic as f**k.
    In essence, what AoS or Agent Carter could / should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    In essence, what AoS or Agent Carter could / should have been.
    Well, what with Agent Carter being set in the past I'm not sure exactly how much crossover there could have been, but yeah. The early tv stuff was a part of the film universe, but the business realities (schedules, contracts, etc) proved to be large barriers to two-way crossover, and Fiege had little reason to pay much attention to the tv stuff. The movie guys struggle with the movie continuity as it is, adding in the tv stuff, figuring out what episodes would be where when a film hits (again, that scheduling thing crops up!).....what a mess to deal with, right? But the streaming stuff all being under Fiege makes it a hell of a lot easier to juggle and keep track of, and there's fewer business barriers in the way.

This is indeed what Marvel wanted to do with the tv stuff, but this time, with luck and some hard work, it'll actually work the way it was envisioned to.

I'm excited about it. I just hope some of the Netflix actors somehow, against all odds, manage to retain the roles when their characters switch over the D+. It wont happen, and it shouldn't for a few reasons, but damn if Cox and Coulter and Ritter weren't just perfect!

~ Black Panther.