Page 230 of 761 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330730 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 11410

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Oops. What if toys may have just leaked captain america agent carter from what if may also be in dr strange 2.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/do...erse-of-madne/
    I wonder if they'll use the actual animation or get Hayley Atwell in the suit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    True, but now the internet also exists, so people don't need to look to regular movies for that
    I'm not sure that's how it works, more or less.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Strange 2 seems so packed with everything else that I wonder how much will even be about him.
    I assume he'll still take the central role and everyone else will "come and go"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'll use the actual animation or get Hayley Atwell in the suit?

I'm not sure that's how it works, more or less.
    My point is, a movie isn't somehow better with sexualized fan service. People shouldn't expect actors to put themselves in that kind of situation. The film isn't ruined by actors not being pretty enough or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Strange 2 seems so packed with everything else that I wonder how much will even be about him.
    It wouldn't be the first Marvel movie with a bunch of characters but it will still probably be mostly about Strange dealing with the multiverse and becoming the Sorcerer Supreme.
    My point is, a movie isn't somehow better with sexualized fan service. People shouldn't expect actors to put themselves in that kind of situation. The film isn't ruined by actors not being pretty enough or whatever
    I think it depends on a lot of factors, and ultimately should be something that the actors are comfortable with and fit well enough.

Ultimate Member

It wouldn't be the first Marvel movie with a bunch of characters but it will still probably be mostly about Strange dealing with the multiverse and becoming the Sorcerer Supreme.
    He'll be the "straight man"

I think it depends on a lot of factors, and ultimately should be something that the actors are comfortable with and fit well enough.
    Agreed.

He'll be the "straight man"
    Hopefully with less quips .

Ultimate Member

Hopefully with less quips .
    He was only really like that in his solo movie, where everyone was more straight than he was, although Wong was pretty funny on his own. But in IW, he was around more humorous characters so he was fairly straight, and he barely had screen time in EG.

Although, he would also the the "straight man" in that he's trying to keep things together but every other hero/villain is just throwing new things at him.

He was only really like that in his solo movie, where everyone was more straight than he was, although Wong was pretty funny on his own. But in IW, he was around more humorous characters so he was fairly straight, and he barely had screen time in EG.

Although, he would also the the "straight man" in that he's trying to keep things together but every other hero/villain is just throwing new things at him.
    I definitely think Infinity War had a better depiction of his personality and magic compared to his solo film.

Ultimate Member

I definitely think Infinity War had a better depiction of his personality and magic compared to his solo film.
    I hope to see more of that level of magic in MoM

I hope to see more of that level of magic in MoM
    Same here .

I think Sam Raimi will do Strange justice.

Ultimate Member

Same here .

I think Sam Raimi will do Strange justice.
    I think he's a fan of Strange, iirc. He referenced him in SM2 (and Shazam in SM1, but he's not showing up. Or is he!? Everyone else seems to be)

I do hope Strange retains some of his time magic. Not to the level of the Time Stone, but at least to be able to reverse eating an apple

I think he's a fan of Strange, iirc. He referenced him in SM2 (and Shazam in SM1, but he's not showing up. Or is he!? Everyone else seems to be)

I do hope Strange retains some of his time magic. Not to the level of the Time Stone, but at least to be able to reverse eating an apple
    I know he's a fan of Steve Ditko, so that might be a factor here.

I wonder if the Eye of Agammotto is still usable to some extent.

Mighty Member

One thing I would love to see with the MCU directors/actors/crew is to admit that they still read comics. It seems like every MCU interview I watch they all say the same thing "well, I read comics as a kid and loved the character". Key words "as a kid". Or they always reference that they're fans of the classic triumvirate of Lee/Kirby/Ditko. There are other artists/writers. No shame in adults reading comics. There's plenty that do.
    Last edited by CTTT; 08-01-2021 at 11:31 AM.

Ultimate Member

I know he's a fan of Steve Ditko, so that might be a factor here.

I wonder if the Eye of Agammotto is still usable to some extent.
    Idk if it is, but I know the Eye has a different power set in the comics. Still, prolonged usage of the Stone might've taught to Strange some new temporal magic

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    One thing I would love to see with the MCU directors/actors/crew is to admit that they still read comics. It seems like every MCU interview I watch they all say the same thing "well, I read comics as a kid and loved the character". Key words "as a kid". Or they always reference that they're fans of the classic triumvirate of Lee/Kirby/Ditko. There are other artists/writers. No shame in adults reading comics. There's plenty that do.
    It's a safe bet because they can preemptively avoid getting asked about their thoughts on recent comics.

But you can tell when somebody is paying attention like when Russo Bros used Cap's 'Super Soldier' costume in WS when it was a still a recent addition in the comics or when Coogler incorporated T'Challa's nano tech suit into his movie, which also appeared very recently in Coates/Stelfreeze's BP run.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's a safe bet because they can preemptively avoid getting asked about their thoughts on recent comics.

But you can tell when somebody is paying attention like when Russo Bros used Cap's 'Super Soldier' costume in WS when it was a still a recent addition in the comics or when Coogler incorporated T'Challa's nano tech suit into his movie, which also appeared very recently in Coates/Stelfreeze's BP run.
    Of course it's possible that the directors gave their input for the costumes but it's more likely that the concept artists/costume designers came up with these ideas.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.