Page 178 of 761 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278678 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 11410

I think you can hear Tony hammering sounds from the first IM during the end credits. It was always meant to signify an 'end'.

I would love it if after all the hype Far From Home just turned out to be a fun movie where Spider-Man fights Chameleon and Kraven, the former being the reason for all the secrecy and Tobey/Garfield is just another Ralph Boehner situation but this time as one of Chemeleon's disguises.

Ultimate Member

I'd be perfectly happy if actual Tobey/Andrew Spider-Men never show up

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think you can hear Tony hammering sounds from the first IM during the end credits. It was always meant to signify an 'end'.
    Yeah, we get plenty of setup before the credits roll, with Thor leaving with the Guardians and Quill looking for Gamora, Sam getting the shield, and whatever else.

Endgame was meant to be exactly what the name implies; an ending. Not "the" ending, but if you watched Endgame and walked away from the MCU forever, you'd still get a full narrative with a beginning, middle, and finale. The lack of a stinger post-credits was supposed to reinforce that (not that anyone really bailed on the MCU after Endgame, but that film was supposed to feel like an ending and a post-credits would've detracted from that).

I would love it if after all the hype Far From Home just turned out to be a fun movie where Spider-Man fights Chameleon and Kraven, the former being the reason for all the secrecy and Tobey/Garfield is just another Ralph Boehner situation but this time as one of Chemeleon's disguises.
    Sign me up for that. I'm not necessarily against Parker doing the big cosmic kind of story, but I'd much prefer the solo Spidey films to remain relatively grounded. Parker can go to space and travel the cosmos in Avengers films, in his own movies I'd rather the story be more character focused with a smaller scope.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I don't think Holland's Peter is at a point where he needs to jump into the Multiverse but I feel like they keep jumping his Spider-Man everywhere without properly building him up.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, we get plenty of setup before the credits roll, with Thor leaving with the Guardians and Quill looking for Gamora, Sam getting the shield, and whatever else.

Endgame was meant to be exactly what the name implies; an ending. Not "the" ending, but if you watched Endgame and walked away from the MCU forever, you'd still get a full narrative with a beginning, middle, and finale. The lack of a stinger post-credits was supposed to reinforce that (not that anyone really bailed on the MCU after Endgame, but that film was supposed to feel like an ending and a post-credits would've detracted from that).

Sign me up for that. I'm not necessarily against Parker doing the big cosmic kind of story, but I'd much prefer the solo Spidey films to remain relatively grounded. Parker can go to space and travel the cosmos in Avengers films, in his own movies I'd rather the story be more character focused with a smaller scope.
    Ok, so basically it was setting up before the credits roll and an "ending" at the same time. got it

Mighty Member

I think you mean No Way Home not Far From Home

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Ok, so basically it was setting up before the credits roll and an "ending" at the same time. got it
    Pretty much.

Those post-credit stingers are all about what's coming up next, while the epilogues in Endgame were more like the hero/es riding off into the sunset.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel's Loki Writer Talks Agents of SHIELD Multiverse Connection

Loki Writer on Agents of SHIELD Continuity: "That Is One Other Tendril of the Multiverse"
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/lo...on-continuity/

Throwing the "somewhere in the multiverse" bone to Agents of SHIELD is more than I thought the show would get in a post-Disney+ world, honestly. I figured that show and the Netflix Defenders would just never be acknowledged on any level.

I do find it surprising that Loki seems to be establishing Agent Carter as MCU canon however. The presumed Peggy cameo in episode one, and one of the apocolypses talked about in episode 2 referenced something from Agent Carter as well. Even the Endgame writers took the show into account when deciding when Steve would return to the past, apparently (it was in some interview I never saved the link to). I gotta be honest, if you had told me one of the old shows was gonna get acknowledged by the films as canon, I wouldn't have bet on it being Carter, which only lasted two seasons and didn't have the kind of critical reception that the Netflix shows got.

~ Black Panther.

Avengers campus at disneyland has a agent carter area based on the show so even disneyland has the show as part of the mcu!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Avengers campus at disneyland has a agent carter area based on the show so even disneyland has the show as part of the mcu!
    That's neat .

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Michael Waldron's statement about AOS is probably the closest confirmation we're getting that the show took place in another universe.

Throwing the "somewhere in the multiverse" bone to Agents of SHIELD is more than I thought the show would get in a post-Disney+ world, honestly. I figured that show and the Netflix Defenders would just never be acknowledged on any level.

I do find it surprising that Loki seems to be establishing Agent Carter as MCU canon however. The presumed Peggy cameo in episode one, and one of the apocolypses talked about in episode 2 referenced something from Agent Carter as well. Even the Endgame writers took the show into account when deciding when Steve would return to the past, apparently (it was in some interview I never saved the link to). I gotta be honest, if you had told me one of the old shows was gonna get acknowledged by the films as canon, I wouldn't have bet on it being Carter, which only lasted two seasons and didn't have the kind of critical reception that the Netflix shows got.
    All you need to know is that Agent Carter was literally the only Marvel Television show that actually credited Kevin Feige as a producer, and suddenly you understand why that show is probably the only one with a somewhat canon status.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-20-2021 at 11:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I gotta be honest, if you had told me one of the old shows was gonna get acknowledged by the films as canon, I wouldn't have bet on it being Carter, which only lasted two seasons and didn't have the kind of critical reception that the Netflix shows got.
    Here is the updated RT scores for non canon mcu netflix and abc marvel shows below.

Netflix
    MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    92%

MARVEL'S LUKE CAGE
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    87%

MARVEL'S JESSICA JONES
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    82%

MARVEL'S THE DEFENDERS
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    78%

MARVEL'S THE PUNISHER
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    64%

MARVEL'S IRON FIST
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    34%

ABC
    MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    95%

MARVEL'S AGENT CARTER
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    86%

MARVEL'S INHUMANS
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    11%

Agent carter rt score from critics are higher then most of the netflix marvel shows.
    Last edited by mace11; 06-21-2021 at 06:07 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Both Punisher and Agent Carter I'd highly rate above AoS and Defenders but I'm not a critic. RT seems BS like usual. Both shows had a great Season One.