Page 153 of 773 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253653 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 11592

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Parker as a YA? I doubt it, considering the rights issues
    Well, I never said he'd be an official Young Avenger/Champion, merely that he'd be used to prop the film up.

And I don't think the film rights have any bearing on this; as long as Sony is letting Parker exist in the MCU he can likely be in any team film they want. Tony made him an Avenger in Infinity War, I don't see how this would be any different.

I thought they'd just condense them but they could always be seperate teams.
    Who do we even have in the pipeline?

Kate Bishop, Cassie Lang, America Chavez, Kamala, Riri....

It's possible that Eli, Tommy and Billy could be involved in a teen team as well, though a lot of work would have to be put into all of them to get them to "superhero" territory.

Am I missing anyone else? That's only eight characters (nine if Parker were somehow involved); a good sized roster for a single team, but probably not enough to support two.

Obviously other heroes like Nova, Viv, Marvel Boy, Iron Lad, etc., could all show up somewhere too, but just looking at who we *know* is out there? I feel like Marvel would be more likely to mix the YA and Champion rosters together, rather than keeping them separate.
    Last edited by Ascended; 05-06-2021 at 06:51 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

I guess Parker could do that

Mighty Member

So, with Thor: Love and Thunder, I wonder what Marvel's plan is for Natalie Portman's Jane. Is this just supposed to be a one off? And I see conflicting statements regarding her participation in the MCU itself. Accounts say that she was disappointed that Patty Jenkins got the boot for Thor 2 yet appeared anyway because of contractural obligations and didn't enjoy the experience. And that she wasn't even aware of what she was getting into as far as scope when she signed onto Thor 1. But yet watching the features especially the gag reel that she seemed to enjoy the experience and her cast mates. They talk well of her too. She talked well of Alan Taylor as well. So, confusing. At the same time it's challenging watching Thor: Ragnarok and figuring out what she would do even if she was in the movie. Guess Jane would have felt out of place. But then again, there's a breakup that we didn't see happen offscreen. Now with a missed third movie appearance she suddenly appears and gets Thor powers. Seems kind of jarring to me. Hopefully the movie explains her absence and her relationship with Thor.

Ultimate Member

I heard she's getting her powers through the cancer storyline

Extraordinary Member

I'm pretty sure Agent Carter is still MCU canon for all the reasons you mention. Fiege and co. definitely act like its canon, and if that's how those guys treat it then who are we to argue?
    Here some other views.

Milkyway2099 quote-
    I think Agent Carter takes place in alternate timeline where Steve never returned to his time. I don’t know about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. though.
    In the first place, why did they create these tv shows anyway if they aren’t considered canon to the main continuity!?
    Melian Playz quote-
    They were fully intended to be part of the canon back when Perlmutter was in charge and Marvel Studios was just another lowly division of his Marvel Entertainment. But after Feige won his civil war of corporate power over Perlmutter, it’s entirely possible that he may retcon and reboot the characters used for the shows. Maybe not 100% hard reboot per say, but just enough to properly reintroduce them for the movie-only crowd. And honestly, I’ll be good with that if it ever happens. I’d like to try and pretend everything except the Agent shows never happened.

Agent Carter was still under jeph loeb and ike perlmutter.
    Any show under them is not canon even if kevin was one of the executive producers of agent carter.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-07-2021 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, with Thor: Love and Thunder, I wonder what Marvel's plan is for Natalie Portman's Jane. Is this just supposed to be a one off? And I see conflicting statements regarding her participation in the MCU itself. Accounts say that she was disappointed that Patty Jenkins got the boot for Thor 2 yet appeared anyway because of contractural obligations and didn't enjoy the experience. And that she wasn't even aware of what she was getting into as far as scope when she signed onto Thor 1. But yet watching the features especially the gag reel that she seemed to enjoy the experience and her cast mates. They talk well of her too. She talked well of Alan Taylor as well. So, confusing. At the same time it's challenging watching Thor: Ragnarok and figuring out what she would do even if she was in the movie. Guess Jane would have felt out of place. But then again, there's a breakup that we didn't see happen offscreen. Now with a missed third movie appearance she suddenly appears and gets Thor powers. Seems kind of jarring to me. Hopefully the movie explains her absence and her relationship with Thor.

If they are doing the cancer storyline, she is 100% going to die.

And she has too, that is what made the story great int he comics until you could tell they were stretching it out because it was selling so well and then just kept her alive as a valkryie.

to make the story have weight... she has to actually kill herself when transforming.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I'm pretty sure Agent Carter is still MCU canon for all the reasons you mention. Fiege and co. definitely act like its canon, and if that's how those guys treat it then who are we to argue?
    Yep. And Jarvis is the only tv character to jump to the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Agent Carter was still under jeph loeb and ike perlmutter.
    Any show under them is not canon even if kevin was one of the executive producers of agent carter.
    Agent Carter is the only pre-Disney+ tv show that Kevin Fiege and Louis D'Esposito were involved in along with the Russo Bros and the writers of the Cap trilogy and IW/EG. It's definitely canon. It's SHIELD and the Netflix that are in an alternate timeline.

Also, I find it amusing that this whole thing hinges on Jarvis being in Endgame for 5 seconds. lol.

It's possible that Eli, Tommy and Billy could be involved in a teen team as well, though a lot of work would have to be put into all of them to get them to "superhero" territory.

Am I missing anyone else? That's only eight characters (nine if Parker were somehow involved); a good sized roster for a single team, but probably not enough to support two.

Obviously other heroes like Nova, Viv, Marvel Boy, Iron Lad, etc., could all show up somewhere too, but just looking at who we *know* is out there? I feel like Marvel would be more likely to mix the YA and Champion rosters together, rather than keeping them separate.
    I think it will be a mix of Young Avengers and Champions but I don't think everybody will be on the YA roster. Some will go to the inevitable Carol/She-Hulk led A-Force team.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I think it's a one off.

Also actors act friendly in front of the camera but don't get along in real life all the time.

Whatever, hatchet she's had with Marvel is probably long since buried. Patty went onto direct WW to world wide fame. Portman probably saw the box office receipts of IW/EG and realized she is missing out. That or, she liked what Taika had planned for Thor 4 and Marvel rolled up with a dump truck full of cash for her to star in the fourth Thor movie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yep. And Jarvis is the only tv character to jump to the movies.

Agent Carter is the only pre-Disney+ tv show that Kevin Fiege and Louis D'Esposito were involved in along with the Russo Bros and the writers of the Cap trilogy and IW/EG. It's definitely canon. It's SHIELD and the Netflix that are in an alternate timeline.

Also, I find it amusing that this whole thing hinges on Jarvis being in Endgame for 5 seconds. lol.
    The jarvis in endgame is not the same one from the show.
    Different universe, so agent carter is not canon.
    Agent carter is a alternate universe mcu show just like agents of shield.
    It was canon because of ike perlmuterr but not anymore just like daredevil and agents of shield etc..
    The only mcu canon shows are the disney plus shows under marvel studios,not marvel entertainment.
    Any marvel entertainment mcu show is not canon.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-08-2021 at 11:48 AM.

Ultimate Member

I liked Jarvis showing up in Endgame, because it gave a human Jarvis in the MCU. I wonder though if there's more connection between him and JARVIS

Extraordinary Member

Not really sad that AoS is becoming non-canon...while it had some fun stuff in it....overall I was disappointed in the show.

Am I missing anyone else?
    Teddy will probably be introduced in Secret Invasion.

I agree though that it's a manageable number for a single team. Peter will probably be graduating from high school at the end of No Way Home and be college-aged, which will be too old for Young Avengers, as reportedly Feige wants Kate to be the oldest in her 20's and everyone else is in their mid teens.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Teddy will probably be introduced in Secret Invasion.

I agree though that it's a manageable number for a single team. Peter will probably be graduating from high school at the end of No Way Home and be college-aged, which will be too old for Young Avengers, as reportedly Feige wants Kate to be the oldest in her 20's and everyone else is in their mid teens.
    Isn't the actress who plays Kate already the same age as Tom Holland?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Isn't the actress who plays Kate already the same age as Tom Holland?
    I assume she'll be playing younger like Holland is.

Amazing Member

Considering that Agent Carter was set in the past, it could and should be canon. Not so much AOS because since most of the show was concurrent with the MCU, contradictions occurred.