Page 78 of 773 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178578 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 11592

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Hoping Jonathan Majors isn't wasted as Lee Pace was when he played Ronan.
    Maybe Kang plucks Ronan out of the timestream, and they finally give him a decent turn in the movies. Heh, if only...
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Apparently Feige is involved with the Olivia Wilde Marvel/Sony movie that is most likely Spider-Woman. Which means Jess may be coming to the Disney MCU rather than the Sony one.
    It's weird to me that Sony has the rights to Jessica. She isn't a Spider-Man character.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Apparently Feige is involved with the Olivia Wilde Marvel/Sony movie that is most likely Spider-Woman. Which means Jess may be coming to the Disney MCU rather than the Sony one.
    I'd rather Jessica be in the MCU than whatever Sony thinks it's doing with ancillary Spider-Man characters. Of course, there's the added risk if the Sony deal falls through again, but you take what you can get...

A Disney Plus ad has WandaVision coming soon but doesn’t mention anything about Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd rather Jessica be in the MCU than whatever Sony thinks it's doing with ancillary Spider-Man characters. Of course, there's the added risk if the Sony deal falls through again, but you take what you can get...
    I very much agree. All the Rumors are pointing to this being a collaboration between the two in my opinion.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

So we now have a She-Hulk; Tatiana Maslany. Kinda surprised nobody's talked about it here yet.

So I'll get all the usual griping out of the way for everyone so we don't have to burn pages on it; she's not nearly tall or buff or "endowed" enough to play She-Hulk! She's not the actress I wanted! She can't act! She'll ruin the MCU! Superheroes are for white straight men only! Why is She-Hulk getting a show and not my favorite character! She's not even American and a icon like She-Hulk should be played by one!

There, with that out of the way, do we think this show is going to break the fourth wall like Jenn's comics have or will they play it straight? I don't think I've seen her in anything, though I don't really follow actors, what kind of range have we seen from her before? What villain/s should we expect? I actually know almost nothing about this character so it'll be fun for me to see all this unfold, with no preconceived opinions.

So, I guess welcome to the MCU Ms. Maslany!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

I was hoping for Alison Brie but Tatiana Maslany is an excellent addition to the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So we now have a She-Hulk; Tatiana Maslany. Kinda surprised nobody's talked about it here yet.

So I'll get all the usual griping out of the way for everyone so we don't have to burn pages on it; she's not nearly tall or buff or "endowed" enough to play She-Hulk! She's not the actress I wanted! She can't act! She'll ruin the MCU! Superheroes are for white straight men only! Why is She-Hulk getting a show and not my favorite character! She's not even American and a icon like She-Hulk should be played by one!

There, with that out of the way, do we think this show is going to break the fourth wall like Jenn's comics have or will they play it straight? I don't think I've seen her in anything, though I don't really follow actors, what kind of range have we seen from her before? What villain/s should we expect? I actually know almost nothing about this character so it'll be fun for me to see all this unfold, with no preconceived opinions.

I think we're going to get a better "fun Hulk" than we got with Ruffalo, or at least more character accurate. I don't expect any direct fourth wall breaking.

From what I know of her, she's great at playing multi-faceted characters so that should be perfect for Jen.

Titania as a villain is a must.

Ultimate Member

Anyone who has seen Orphan Black.... they got the right person.

And I say that as someone who has only seen a few season and the comic book.

That is an automatic buy if it comes out on DVD.

Ultimate Member

First thoughts;

1) She was robbed for not winning all the awards, ever, for her work on Orphan Black.
    2) She's a tiny little thing. I guess it's gonna be CGI She-Hulk, and not 'Gina Carano painted green ala Lou Ferrigno?' I'm okay with that. Sorry Gina!
    3) She must be kinda relieved. "An acting job where I only have to play, at most, two different characters, and not be half the cast of the show all by myself? Woo, it's like a vacation! And they don't expect me to live off that one trick I did once, forever!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    First thoughts;

1) She was robbed for not winning all the awards, ever, for her work on Orphan Black.
    2) She's a tiny little thing. I guess it's gonna be CGI She-Hulk, and not 'Gina Carano painted green ala Lou Ferrigno?' I'm okay with that. Sorry Gina!
    3) She must be kinda relieved. "An acting job where I only have to play, at most, two different characters, and not be half the cast of the show all by myself? Woo, it's like a vacation! And they don't expect me to live off that one trick I did once, forever!"
    I'm really surprised people still thought this was going to happen.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Tatiana Maslany is a super versatile actress (as shown in Orphan Black), so I'm sure she'll do a good job as both sides of Jennifer Walters/She-Hulk. I suspect they might've cast her precisely because of that versatility.

Good to know this movie has an actual chance of coming out as opposed of being shelved like the many other Sony projects that never go forward. Specially now they're saying they're not releasing anything until after the pandemic. Plus, Jess outside of the MCU would just feel wrong.

I question the idea of Sony sharing Jess, or anyone else, with Marvel. They signed the Spidey deal originally because they needed help making Spider movies successful, but since then they've had Venom and Into the Spider-Verse, and didn't they try to back out of the deal not too long ago?
    They backed out of the deal only to come back crawling like a month after, so... doesn't sound like they are THAT ready to let the MCU go. I think Sony needs Marvel a lot more than Marvel needs Sony, tbh.

Don't get me wrong, if Sony and Marvel are willing to play nice with each other, great....but I dunno if I believe Sony is willing to share when they don't have to.
    The thing about Spider-Woman, though, is that they kind of HAVE to share if they want to use the character at her full potential. Sony doesn't own Jessica exclusively the same way they own Peter Parker. The rights are actually in a gray area much like the Maximoffs were, meaning that Sony only has limited access to Jessica's story without Marvel's approval. Everything the character has that is not directly related to Spider-Man mythology belongs to Marvel... and that's HUGE chunk of her mythology. So Sony would essentially have to make a less interesting version of the character if Marvel was not involved. Not to mention that Marvel could steal their thunder anytime by introducing their own version of Jessica Drew in the MCU if they wanted to. So in this particular case, a shared production was probably the best option. Everybody wins.

And what's this "Agents of SWORD" stuff? That's gotta be pure rumor right? I'd be down for it though....especially if they brought Cloe Bennett back as Quake.
    There's been rumors that Marvel will have a production heavily featuring S.W.O.R.D., but it's not clear what it is yet. Some people think that it'll be in a rumored Secret Invasion kind of show, others think it might just be in Captain Marvel 2. We know the organization appears in WandaVision too, but other than that, nothing's confirmed right now.

As for Quake... if you're referring to all of the fans spamming social media talking about her, that's just AOS fans being annoying, LOL. There's no indication that Marvel has any plans for the Marvel Television characters, and AOS fans are still on that grieving process that the Netflix fans were when all the shows got cancelled, so they're pressuring Marvel to bring the characters back... but it's just wishful thinking. I actually don't think Quake would be involved in a S.W.O.R.D. project, just because cosmic stuff was never her turf in the comics. There was a report about a Secret Warriors project being allegedly in early development, and if that turns out to be true, maybe she could show up there, but that's entirely up to Kevin Feige and how he feels about using the Marvel TV characters again.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-17-2020 at 05:49 PM.

A Disney Plus ad has WandaVision coming soon but doesn’t mention anything about Falcon and the Winter Soldier.
    Pesky black widow spoilers i bet.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

The Official Trailer is FINALLY HERE!!!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

7 Things You Missed Wandavision Trailer (Disney Plus)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XttV7gqnkq8