Page 291 of 761 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 11410
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    So he should become a Green Lantern able to manifest anything at will and have his suit infinitely grow matter out of nothing?

And Iron Man 3 had plenty of innovation in 2013. It's not like nanobots are the only way to upgrade the suit bro. But fine, I guess I liked those transformation scenes way more than other people here so there isn't really a point to be argued.
    He's not a green Lantern. And it wasn't infinite. He clearly ran out of nanobots by the time Thanos fought him

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    He's not a green Lantern. And it wasn't infinite. He clearly ran out of nanobots by the time Thanos fought him
    In Endgame Iron Man has a suit that comes out of nowhere and can become any shape he wants. He can turn those nanobots into repulsors, explosive missiles (how is that even possible with nanobots?) and form any weapon he wants. He can create force fields, repulsors and giant laser beams. The nanobots are apparently mega universal adaptors, all of them can serve all those functions. How is he not a Green Lantern?

That theory that he was running out of nanobots isn't very clear to me since I do see him rebuild parts of the suit right until he gets stabbed. But you could be right.

The nanites are housed on that thing on his chest which he shows to Pepper at the start of IW. He has new one in EG. Every time he suits up the nanites come out of the unit on his chest to form the suit around him.

The nanites aren't infinite and they can be destroyed (as Thanos and the Infinity Gems demonstrated) and we also saw during Tony's first fight with Thanos, him drawing the nanites away from the legs to his arms so he could boost his repulsor beams.

Remember that little mini gauntlet he had stored in his watch in CW which he activated to fight Bucky? That was foreshadowing that he was figuring out ways to store his suits and carry them with him anywhere.

Someone call Ray Palmer about some nanites .

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The nanites are housed on that thing on his chest which he shows to Pepper at the start of IW. He has new one in EG. Every time he suits up the nanites come out of the unit on his chest to form the suit around him.

The nanites aren't infinite and they can be destroyed (as Thanos and the Infinity Gems demonstrated) and we also saw during Tony's first fight with Thanos, him drawing the nanites away from the legs to his arms so he could boost his repulsor beams.

Remember that little mini gauntlet he had stored in his watch in CW which he activated to fight Bucky? That was foreshadowing that he was figuring out ways to store his suits and carry them with him anywhere.
    When I said that the suit "comes out of nowhere" I meant that it doesn't physically exist until manifested, just like Green Lantern

Ultimate Member

In Endgame Iron Man has a suit that comes out of nowhere and can become any shape he wants. He can turn those nanobots into repulsors, explosive missiles (how is that even possible with nanobots?) and form any weapon he wants. He can create force fields, repulsors and giant laser beams. The nanobots are apparently mega universal adaptors, all of them can serve all those functions. How is he not a Green Lantern?

That theory that he was running out of nanobots isn't very clear to me since I do see him rebuild parts of the suit right until he gets stabbed. But you could be right.
    What's wrong with him even being a Green Lantern? At least it's more interesting than just flying and being super strong

And the nanobots transforming isn't even that outrageous. Yeah, they're not there yet in real life, but their whole function is having different functions. I don't see it as more extreme than Doctor Strange creating a bunch of clones

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    What's wrong with him even being a Green Lantern? At least it's more interesting than just flying and being super strong
    What movies were you watching? For one thing he has repulsor rays, missiles, sonic attacks. And in Iron Man 3 he had tons of suits with different specialties.

And the nanobots transforming isn't even that outrageous. Yeah, they're not there yet in real life, but their whole function is having different functions. I don't see it as more extreme than Doctor Strange creating a bunch of clones
    The way Tony uses nanobots will never be achievable. But that doesn't matter, what matters TO ME is that they take away the mechanical, engineered, tactile feeling of all the previous suits. And I have come to realize that apparently I'm the only person here that really valued that in all those movies, so I know we won't reach an agreement.

W But that doesn't matter, what matters TO ME is that they take away the mechanical, engineered, tactile feeling of all the previous suits. And I have come to realize that apparently I'm the only person here that really valued that in all those movies, so I know we won't reach an agreement.
    I 100% agree about iron man.

I just don't agree about Black Panther.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

What movies were you watching? For one thing he has repulsor rays, missiles, sonic attacks. And in Iron Man 3 he had tons of suits with different specialties.
    I'm talking about his overall abilities. Repulsor rays are the same technology he uses to fly.

The way Tony uses nanobots will never be achievable. But that doesn't matter, what matters TO ME is that they take away the mechanical, engineered, tactile feeling of all the previous suits. And I have come to realize that apparently I'm the only person here that really valued that in all those movies, so I know we won't reach an agreement.
    I guess so. I don't really get the problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I 100% agree about iron man.

I just don't agree about Black Panther.
    I wasn't bothered by Tony's nanosuits too much. It's a call back to Fraction (my favorite Iron Man run) and most importantly, it was the end of Tony's career. So sure, let him have the wild and crazy advanced suit for his last couple films. If it hadn't been Tony's swansong then I wouldn't have approved as much, because I too like a Iron Man that feels a little less sci-fi and a little more plausible.

T'Challa on the other hand, I always say go nuts. Wakanda can and should be pure science fantasy so their tech shouldn't be limited by plausibility.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I think the only real issue was when they did it with Spider-Man. They've teched him out too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the only real issue was when they did it with Spider-Man. They've teched him out too much.
    Friendly neighborhood spider-man... with a billion dollar super suit in control of a trillion dollar defense system lol

Need a story where he turns villain by selling it to HAMMER and AIM to support himself and his Aunt lol.

What If... Peter Parker got sick of being poor?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Friendly neighborhood spider-man... with a billion dollar super suit in control of a trillion dollar defense system lol

Need a story where he turns villain by selling it to HAMMER and AIM to support himself and his Aunt lol.

What If... Peter Parker got sick of being poor?
    He has a literal bulletproof armored suit now! Why even need Spider-Sense or reflexes to dodge stuff?

He has a literal bulletproof armored suit now! Why even need Spider-Sense or reflexes to dodge stuff?
    It's not even called Spider-Sense, it's the Peter Tingle. The MCU did with Peter Parker what they probably intended to do with Harley, the kid from Iron Man three. He even showed up at Tony's funeral in endgame.

I know this is a relatively popular opinion but I don't mind it. It differentiates MCU Peter from the live-action Peters we've had before. It's not like he built the tech himself, we know where it came from.