Page 224 of 773 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324724 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 11594

Christine could become Night Nurse. That's the only thing left to do with her. Unless Strange meets an alternate version of her in the Multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Christine could become Night Nurse. That's the only thing left to do with her. Unless Strange meets an alternate version of her in the Multiverse.
    Exactly. She may be somebody like Clea in a multiverse role. If Loki can have an alligator alternate, all bets are off.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    And yes, I do believe Natasha's death negatively affected the Black Widow film. Look, people read reviews for movies and shows. And a HUGE percentage of the ones I read (and the overwhelming majority of them were positive by the way), sort of failed Natasha. Not because it was a bad movie. But because fans have moved on from her character because she DIED. That it should have been released five years ago. Many of them asked why did Marvel make this movie NOW, after the events of Endgame? All this talk hurt the film in my opinion. I talked to my brother about this yesterday as we were getting some lunch and I mentioned how I felt bad for Johansson because Widow was being released during these challenging times (thereby preventing more people from watching it). My bro has not watched a single SECOND of any of the MCU movies and/or shows, and he told me: "Well, she's dead now. So it doesn't matter." He can't be the only person who thinks this way. That's why I'm not a huge fan of prequels. Often times if a character reaches his/her natural end after series of movies/shows, a lot of folks don't wanna look back. Obviously not everybody feels this way, but I think a lot of them do.
    The pandemic and delays affected it more obviously. Fans haven't moved on from her because she died. Natasha fans are still strong. MCU fans are still strong. The world situation changed.

One person telling you that is anecdotal. Movies overall have struggled right now. None of them making what they did before. Numbers are more telling than one example.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Wouldn't him being single tell that more effectively? If he put his work first, he wouldn't really have much of a love life
    Well, it was more from Strange's character flaws like his arrogance and lack of care for others than being a workaholic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Exactly. She may be somebody like Clea in a multiverse role. If Loki can have an alligator alternate, all bets are off.
    Y'know, that might explain why they haven't announced someone as Clea yet...although I don't think they've announced anyone else in the cast aside from the expected names.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I don't feel they're unbelievable as a couple, not at all. I just want a payoff with this actress that takes her beyond ex-GF. Like she was / has some important role.
    I know most people think the long lost brother/relation or sleeper-spy (from another dimension or whatever)

are too cliche, but I don't see any point in her appearance, unless she ends up collateral damage, wringing out some sorrow or angst from Strange. I would hate that.
    That's basically what she was set up to be, wasn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it was more from Strange's character flaws like his arrogance and lack of care for others than being a workaholic.

Y'know, that might explain why they haven't announced someone as Clea yet...although I don't think they've announced anyone else in the cast aside from the expected names.
    That still could've been conveyed in another way.

That still could've been conveyed in another way.
    Well, possibly, although I don't think the way they went about it was wrong. It arguably sets up him meeting Clea .

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Ooh, I like that idea. I get Christine's narrative role in the first movie but it was also a waste of Rachel McAdams talent.

Ultimate Member

Well, possibly, although I don't think the way they went about it was wrong. It arguably sets up him meeting Clea .
    I don't see how that makes sense.

I don't see how that makes sense.
    He had to move on from his life as Stephen Strange and the attachments/connections he had from that life to become Dr. Strange, and in doing so will find a true companion in Clea.

Ultimate Member

He had to move on from his life as Stephen Strange and the attachments/connections he had from that life to become Dr. Strange, and in doing so will find a true companion in Clea.
    He couldn't have found that anyway? I mean, she could've been introduced in the first movie.

He couldn't have found that anyway? I mean, she could've been introduced in the first movie.
    I'm just looking at it from a thematic perspective of how they handled it.

Ultimate Member

I'm just looking at it from a thematic perspective of how they handled it.
    I see. But honestly, I don't think it was absolutely necessary. Strange doesn't need a failed past relationship in order to move on with Clea

LEGO Reveals MCU Collection Featuring Spider-Man, Loki & More Disney+ Heroes
    https://thedirect.com/article/mcu-sp...ampaign=buffer

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Ooh, I like that idea. I get Christine's narrative role in the first movie but it was also a waste of Rachel McAdams talent.
    I was fond of Dr. Strange The Oath. If I was doing a Dr Strange sequel I would've pitched that story. Strange and Night Nurse do work together in that story so you could use that here. Instead of them getting together, they could build a friendship or a working partnership.

I see. But honestly, I don't think it was absolutely necessary. Strange doesn't need a failed past relationship in order to move on with Clea
    "Move on" kind of implies a failed past relationship to begin with.