Page 121 of 774 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221621 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 11609
    Ultimate Member

Were the Wonder Years and Dougie Houser any good?

I feel like the D+ shows could use 1 or 2 more episodes

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post

The Wonder Years was pretty good and Doogie Howser introduced me to medical dramas for the first time (I enjoyed it). But then again, I've always liked "coming of age" stories like the Outsiders, Stand By Me, the Karate Kid, To Kill a Mockingbird and ESPECIALLY The Catcher in the Rye. When I was reading comics earlier, they never really got into that kind of thing. Which is a shame. They're so much fun.

Wonder Years was awesome. Doogie, not so much.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    The Wonder Years was pretty good and Doogie Howser introduced me to medical dramas for the first time (I enjoyed it). But then again, I've always liked "coming of age" stories like the Outsiders, Stand By Me, the Karate Kid, To Kill a Mockingbird and ESPECIALLY The Catcher in the Rye. When I was reading comics earlier, they never really got into that kind of thing. Which is a shame. They're so much fun.
    Ok. I've never really been into coming of age stuff, but I like some of those

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Wonder Years was awesome. Doogie, not so much.
    Ok. I tend not to be a fan of a lot of older sitcoms because they come off as so corny. Plus, the episodes don't build up on each other like modern shows do.

Ok. I tend not to be a fan of a lot of older sitcoms because they come off as so corny. Plus, the episodes don't build up on each other like modern shows do.
    Wonder Years is pretty much The Goldbergs without all the pop culture references.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Wonder Years is pretty much The Goldbergs without all the pop culture references.
    Oh, I haven't watched the Goldbergs

I think blending coming of age stuff with superhero projects could be a fresh approach for the MCU.

Ultimate Member

I think blending coming of age stuff with superhero projects could be a fresh approach for the MCU.
    Homecoming already was kinda that IMO. I don't mind stories centered around teens tbh. And many superheroes started out as teens. I just don't want cliche teen drama about dating and stuff like that

Homecoming already was kinda that IMO. I don't mind stories centered around teens tbh. And many superheroes started out as teens. I just don't want cliche teen drama about dating and stuff like that
    Thanks for mentioning that. I forgot about that movie. I like Spider-Man, but I think I sort have outgrown those stories of his. I'm not talking about angsty teenage shows. I'm talking about stories that "focus on the psychological and moral growth of the protagonists from youth to adulthood, in which character change is important."

Ultimate Member

Thanks for mentioning that. I forgot about that movie. I like Spider-Man, but I think I sort have outgrown those stories of his. I'm not talking about angsty teenage shows. I'm talking about stories that "focus on the psychological and moral growth of the protagonists from youth to adulthood, in which character change is important."
    Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, that can work too

Mighty Member

https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...se-date-summer

So, that's great that this is still coming in the summer. Since, per the article it's supposed to come after Doctor Strange 2, I wonder how the continuity is going to be sorted out.

Ultimate Member

I didn't know Killmonger was in this.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yeah, Michael B Jordan was part of the initial cast list. Wonder how they'll do the 3 characters on that poster who's actors aren't doing their voices though...

So:
    -What If Peggy Carter became Captain Britain?
    -What If T'Challa became Star-Lord?
    -What If Dr Strange became corrupted by the dark dimension?

I'm blanking on what Killmonger, Black Widow and Gamora are going to be.