Page 172 of 775 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272672 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 11611
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't think the Hex was open when we see white Vision leave. Could be wrong but I think Wanda opens the Hex for a second while everyone is fighting, realizes it'll kill her family, and lets it close. I believe the Visions were still inside when it was shut, but I might be remembering that wrong. But I doubt the Hex being closed would have stopped white Vision anyway. Monica was able to re-enter the Hex on her own, and if she could do it I'm sure a vibranium super android with phasing powers could manage it.
    Yeah, physical barriers aren't barriers to Vision. Unless the Hex energy also distorts him

Mighty Member

When it comes to Hawkeye, why did Clint get the shaft on character development? All we know at the end of 23 movies is that there's a hint of a past with Natasha, he shoots arrows and has a family. I'm sure we'll get more in the Hawkeye series, but now it's like just when Clint gets even more interesting, hello Kate Bishop.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    When it comes to Hawkeye, why did Clint get the shaft on character development? All we know at the end of 23 movies is that there's a hint of a past with Natasha, he shoots arrows and has a family. I'm sure we'll get more in the Hawkeye series, but now it's like just when Clint gets even more interesting, hello Kate Bishop.
    I guess he was a character they didn't know what to do with. His intro cameo in Thor doesn't really help set him up. Whedon had a lot of cut ideas for him in the first Avenger film. The TVTROPES page says that Whedon wanted to use Clint's comic origin.

So I guess he was a character they didn't have time for till now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I guess he was a character they didn't know what to do with. His intro cameo in Thor doesn't really help set him up. Whedon had a lot of cut ideas for him in the first Avenger film. The TVTROPES page says that Whedon wanted to use Clint's comic origin.

So I guess he was a character they didn't have time for till now.
    Basically they just dropped the ball on him. He's the least interesting MCU hero unfortunately. It's probably too late to make him interesting enough, which is probably why they're bringing in Kate Bishop

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Basically they just dropped the ball on him. He's the least interesting MCU hero unfortunately. It's probably too late to make him interesting enough, which is probably why they're bringing in Kate Bishop
    It's never too late to make a character interesting

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    It's never too late to make a character interesting
    I guess so. Personally, while I feel he's a big missed opportunity, I wouldn't feel too bad if this is his last outing.

I'm hoping one of his kids is a mutant. Not a big name character like Cyclops but just a mutant. It gives Clint some interesting material to explore and uses his family better. Plus its more convenient for worldbuilding and personalizes the mutant social issue.

Ultimate Member

I'm hoping one of his kids is a mutant. Not a big name character like Cyclops but just a mutant. It gives Clint some interesting material to explore and uses his family better. Plus its more convenient for worldbuilding and personalizes the mutant social issue.
    But he's never had a mutant kid. And his boring family has already taken up enough screen time

Renner has the skills to play 616 Hawkeye but they went with Ultimate Hawkeye instead.

I would love it if his wife turned out to be a Skrull agent and his kids were all half Skrulls. Now that would be a fun twist.

But he's never had a mutant kid. And his boring family has already taken up enough screen time
    I'm cool with taking that liberty from the source material. It doesn't have to happen but I thought it was a good oppurtunity.

Ultimate Member

I'm cool with taking that liberty from the source material. It doesn't have to happen but I thought it was a good oppurtunity.
    Maybe. Idk which mutant would be a good candidate to be Hawkeye's kid

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Renner has the skills to play 616 Hawkeye but they went with Ultimate Hawkeye instead.

I would love it if his wife turned out to be a Skrull agent and his kids were all half Skrulls. Now that would be a fun twist.
    That would be creepy and problematic, wouldn't it?

Maybe. Idk which mutant would be a good candidate to be Hawkeye's kid
    They could just make one up rather than use an existing character.

That would be creepy and problematic, wouldn't it?
    Yeah but they are the villains so.....

You can't do Secret Invasion without having some established characters revealed as Skrulls.

Hawkeye's wife and kids, Maria Hill and General Ross are all good candidates to 'reveal' as Skrulls without disrupting previous continuity too much.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yeah but they are the villains so.....

You can't do Secret Invasion without having some established characters revealed as Skrulls.

Hawkeye's wife and kids, Maria Hill and General Ross are all good candidates to 'reveal' as Skrulls without disrupting previous continuity too much.
    So Talos' wife was disguised as another Skrull pretending to be Hill? That's some Kirk Lazarus level of transformation.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.