Page 38 of 773 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138538 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Do you guys think Doctor Doom could work well as the next big MCU villain after Thanos?
    If radically altered. I would prefer to see Kang though. He seems like a larger scale threat because of the time travel.

I think Doom is the one person who could surpass Thanos if portrayed correctly, especially his willingness to go to any lengths to prove himself better than Reed Richards. I love the idea of having the fate of the universe be decided by a battle of wits between two eternal rivals.

I think Doom is the one person who could surpass Thanos if portrayed correctly, especially his willingness to go to any lengths to prove himself better than Reed Richards. I love the idea of having the fate of the universe be decided by a battle of wits between two eternal rivals.
    Reed isn't even established yet.

I rather there be more than one "big bad" and the audience/characters not knowing whose the next big one.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Reed isn't even established yet.
    Uh, duh? I'm talking about the future.

Uh, duh? I'm talking about the future.
    Do you have any ideas for the short term, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Do you have any ideas for the short term, then?
    As it stands, Phase 4 seems to be more about worldbuilding than anything else, lacking big titles like Black Panther, Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, and the crossover movie with the Avengers, and of course, there's Fantastic Four and X-Men coming alongside the others in Phase 5. I feel like Phase 4 is more of a bridge to a more interconnected Phase 5 than anything. Phase 5 is gonna be huge for having all that stuff, and I expect that's when they start building up to the next big two-part finale (likely Secret Wars).

BANNED

Do you guys think Doctor Doom could work well as the next big MCU villain after Thanos?
    I think it has to be Doom. Now that they have the FF, the X-Men and practically all the rights, they need to go big on what the Shared Universe can do. What they can do is give us the best version of Doom.

It's been said that such-and-such-character doesn't benefit from shared universe and so on, and that's true for a lot of characters (a lot of great characters for instance Spider-Man is rather diminished by the shared universe in most respects) but if there's one character who benefits from it, and which is to the benefit of everyone, the single rising tide that lifts all boats, then it's Doctor Doom. Doom has always been Marvel's most versatile villain and most versatile character. You can put Doom against any character and any team and any genre...and he still works. Doom vs. Luke Cage, Doom vs. X-Men, Doom vs. Avengers, Doom vs. Spider-Man, Doom and Doctor Strange, Doom and Thor and so on.

For instance, if you kept Doom entirely in the corner of the Fantastic Four, you will have a lot of great stories but not the greatest story Doom is in which is Triumph and Torment.

Besides it's a nice palate cleanser. After Thanos, if you do another cosmic villain like Kang the Conqueror or Annihilus, then it would be more of the same. Rather than tell the story of an alien conqueror...you can tell the story of a human villain who becomes a cosmic/mystical/multi-dimensional threat who levels up and changes in every appearance from now until Secret Wars (which should be a two-parter much like the Infinity Gauntlet adaptation). The Avengers will say, "We faced Thanos, we're not afraid of some Eurotrash tinpot dictator" And Doom will say something badass and pwn everyone anyway.

Liv Tyler will return as Betty Ross on She-Hulk
    Wiccan and Speed are being cast for the WandaVision show, and will continue to exist in other MCU shows.
    Spider-Man will meet Venom in a movie.

James Gunn Teases Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Deaths
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/10...idSpRIEBSApGqA
    Last edited by Witchfan; 10-14-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I think it has to be Doom.
    it doesn't. how about using an actual Avengers villain? the Masters of Evil haven't shown up yet.

There is a rumor that the Masters of Evil would pop up in Phase 4 as a surprise.

You can't do Doom properly without Reed Richards being there.

What are some left field choices you'd have for Phase 5, the kind Marvel is known to make?

I for one would like an Excalibur movie. I think a UK-oriented team focusing on the adventuring, fantastical and weird end of Marvel would be great.

What are some left field choices you'd have for Phase 5, the kind Marvel is known to make?

I for one would like an Excalibur movie. I think a UK-oriented team focusing on the adventuring, fantastical and weird end of Marvel would be great.
    Maybe a movie about the Savage Land or The Rangers. A superhero movie with dinosaurs would be awesome, though I’d also love to see a superhero western.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ant-Man 3 is getting made. They will be filming in the summer of 2021, with July 2022 as the likely release date.