Page 162 of 773 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262662 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 11592

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, Peter is the same age from the comics, but the others aren't. IMO he should've been much older in the MCU. All these other heroes are moving forward with their lives, so I think Spider-Man should too.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on these issues. Idk if either of us will convince the other.
    Well, the idea with starting him young is so he can move forward from there and grow up Harry Potter-style.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, the idea with starting him young is so he can move forward from there and grow up Harry Potter-style.
    That's true. But I already saw that in other movies. If they want that, they should use other heroes

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    My guess is that they’ll consider the 2021 releases successfull in spite of the circumstances. It’s their reaction to the 2022 releases that need to be watched since by that point enough people will be vaccinated and things should finally be back to normal.
    What you seem to be suggesting is that the MCU lives or dies by the response of the movies and doesn't have stronger legs like SW who can make 5 flops and they will still produce shows and movies because well..it's Star Wars. So basically, Thor 4 BP 2 CM 2 flop and no more shows/movies for D+?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    What you seem to be suggesting is that the MCU lives or dies by the response of the movies and doesn't have stronger legs like SW who can make 5 flops and they will still produce shows and movies because well..it's Star Wars. So basically, Thor 4 BP 2 CM 2 flop and no more shows/movies for D+?
    Where are you extrapolating all these things from the post you're quoting? because the poster is saying none of what you're suggesting

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Where are you extrapolating all these things from the post you're quoting? because the poster is saying none of what you're suggesting
    EDIT: Yeah I guess I'm reading into his post wrong
    Last edited by CTTT; 05-16-2021 at 08:27 PM.

That's true. But I already saw that in other movies. If they want that, they should use other heroes
    Not to the extent the MCU did it, though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not to the extent the MCU did it, though.
    Well, I didn't really care for that. I want Spider-Man to move on in the movies

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Tony literally creates his better web slingers that Pete himself had created in other versions of the character.
    In defense of the web shooters: he already had them when he met Stark and even he was impressed by what Peter did. Tony may have been using his own web shooters in CW since I doubt Tony managed to upgrade them that quickly before the airport fight. Peter is also using his own web shooters in the final fight against the Vulture and the web shooter he used to take out Mysterio's drones in FFH was designed by himself (even though it was Stark Tech). So I disagree on Peter's accomplishment with his web shooters being taken away from him.

Yeah, Peter is the same age from the comics, but the others aren't. IMO he should've been much older in the MCU. All these other heroes are moving forward with their lives, so I think Spider-Man should too.
    Why should he be older? Every other hero is already an adult. Peter being so young is part of what distinguishes him from the rest.

How many other movies had a Spider-Man who looked and acted like a teenager on top of teaming up with the Avengers. Spider-Man is the template for the modern teenage superhero archetype, why would they give that to some other character when they already have Spider-Man? This ain't DC.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    In defense of the web shooters: he already had them when he met Stark and even he was impressed by what Peter did. Tony may have been using his own web shooters in CW since I doubt Tony managed to upgrade them that quickly before the airport fight. Peter is also using his own web shooters in the final fight against the Vulture and the web shooter he used to take out Mysterio's drones in FFH was designed by himself (even though it was Stark Tech). So I disagree on Peter's accomplishment with his web shooters being taken away from him.
    Referring to the ones from the post-credits scene of CW. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huKsHiiOch8
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Referring to the ones from the post-credits scene of CW. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huKsHiiOch8
    I forgot about.

::shrugs:: At least he is the one who made the web fluid? And he clearly didn't use that web shooter against the Vulture?

::crickets::

EXCLUSIVE: MIDNIGHT SONS MOVIE IN EARLY DEVELOPMENT AT MARVEL STUDIOS
    https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2021...arvel-studios/

Ultimate Member

Why should he be older? Every other hero is already an adult. Peter being so young is part of what distinguishes him from the rest.

How many other movies had a Spider-Man who looked and acted like a teenager on top of teaming up with the Avengers. Spider-Man is the template for the modern teenage superhero archetype, why would they give that to some other character when they already have Spider-Man? This ain't DC.
    Because we already had a younger Spider-Man in other movies. He's not that much younger than the Avengers, and he grew up decades ago. I don't want to see him stuck in the same storyline while other characters get to move on with their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    EXCLUSIVE: MIDNIGHT SONS MOVIE IN EARLY DEVELOPMENT AT MARVEL STUDIOS
    https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2021...arvel-studios/
    Is that reliable?

Parker was still in High School when the Avengers debuted in the comics. So him being at that age in the movies is logical.

And did I miss a Spider-Man movie where he fights the Avengers, beats up his girlfriend's dad, gets blasted off into space, dies, comes back to life, goes back packing to Europe and his identity exposed to the world? If you don't like MCU Spider-Man, that's fine but it's not like the movies have been been beating a dead bush.

Ultimate Member

Parker was still in High School when the Avengers debuted in the comics. So him being at that age in the movies is logical.

And did I miss a Spider-Man movie where he fights the Avengers, beats up his girlfriend's dad, gets blasted off into space, dies, comes back to life, goes back packing to Europe and his identity exposed to the world? If you don't like MCU Spider-Man, that's fine but it's not like the movies have been been beating a dead bush.
    I like MCU Spider-Man, I just wish he was older. And when he debuted half the Avengers weren't in their 40s like in the MCU

I like older heroes so we can agree to disagree on that.