Page 178 of 223 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3344
  1. #2656
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,901

    Default

    I think you can hear Tony hammering sounds from the first IM during the end credits. It was always meant to signify an 'end'.

  2. #2657
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,901

    Default

    I would love it if after all the hype Far From Home just turned out to be a fun movie where Spider-Man fights Chameleon and Kraven, the former being the reason for all the secrecy and Tobey/Garfield is just another Ralph Boehner situation but this time as one of Chemeleon's disguises.

  3. #2658
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    I'd be perfectly happy if actual Tobey/Andrew Spider-Men never show up

  4. #2659
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think you can hear Tony hammering sounds from the first IM during the end credits. It was always meant to signify an 'end'.
    Yeah, we get plenty of setup before the credits roll, with Thor leaving with the Guardians and Quill looking for Gamora, Sam getting the shield, and whatever else.

    Endgame was meant to be exactly what the name implies; an ending. Not "the" ending, but if you watched Endgame and walked away from the MCU forever, you'd still get a full narrative with a beginning, middle, and finale. The lack of a stinger post-credits was supposed to reinforce that (not that anyone really bailed on the MCU after Endgame, but that film was supposed to feel like an ending and a post-credits would've detracted from that).

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I would love it if after all the hype Far From Home just turned out to be a fun movie where Spider-Man fights Chameleon and Kraven, the former being the reason for all the secrecy and Tobey/Garfield is just another Ralph Boehner situation but this time as one of Chemeleon's disguises.
    Sign me up for that. I'm not necessarily against Parker doing the big cosmic kind of story, but I'd much prefer the solo Spidey films to remain relatively grounded. Parker can go to space and travel the cosmos in Avengers films, in his own movies I'd rather the story be more character focused with a smaller scope.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

    ~ Black Panther.

  5. #2660
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,755

    Default

    I don't think Holland's Peter is at a point where he needs to jump into the Multiverse but I feel like they keep jumping his Spider-Man everywhere without properly building him up.

  6. #2661
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, we get plenty of setup before the credits roll, with Thor leaving with the Guardians and Quill looking for Gamora, Sam getting the shield, and whatever else.

    Endgame was meant to be exactly what the name implies; an ending. Not "the" ending, but if you watched Endgame and walked away from the MCU forever, you'd still get a full narrative with a beginning, middle, and finale. The lack of a stinger post-credits was supposed to reinforce that (not that anyone really bailed on the MCU after Endgame, but that film was supposed to feel like an ending and a post-credits would've detracted from that).



    Sign me up for that. I'm not necessarily against Parker doing the big cosmic kind of story, but I'd much prefer the solo Spidey films to remain relatively grounded. Parker can go to space and travel the cosmos in Avengers films, in his own movies I'd rather the story be more character focused with a smaller scope.
    Ok, so basically it was setting up before the credits roll and an "ending" at the same time. got it

  7. #2662
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I would love it if after all the hype Far From Home just turned out to be a fun movie where Spider-Man fights Chameleon and Kraven, the former being the reason for all the secrecy and Tobey/Garfield is just another Ralph Boehner situation but this time as one of Chemeleon's disguises.
    I think you mean No Way Home not Far From Home

  8. #2663
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Ok, so basically it was setting up before the credits roll and an "ending" at the same time. got it
    Pretty much.

    Those post-credit stingers are all about what's coming up next, while the epilogues in Endgame were more like the hero/es riding off into the sunset.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

    ~ Black Panther.

  9. #2664
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4,048

    Default

    Marvel's Loki Writer Talks Agents of SHIELD Multiverse Connection


    Loki Writer on Agents of SHIELD Continuity: "That Is One Other Tendril of the Multiverse"
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/lo...on-continuity/

  10. #2665
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,546

    Default

    Throwing the "somewhere in the multiverse" bone to Agents of SHIELD is more than I thought the show would get in a post-Disney+ world, honestly. I figured that show and the Netflix Defenders would just never be acknowledged on any level.

    I do find it surprising that Loki seems to be establishing Agent Carter as MCU canon however. The presumed Peggy cameo in episode one, and one of the apocolypses talked about in episode 2 referenced something from Agent Carter as well. Even the Endgame writers took the show into account when deciding when Steve would return to the past, apparently (it was in some interview I never saved the link to). I gotta be honest, if you had told me one of the old shows was gonna get acknowledged by the films as canon, I wouldn't have bet on it being Carter, which only lasted two seasons and didn't have the kind of critical reception that the Netflix shows got.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

    ~ Black Panther.

  11. #2666
    Astonishing Member Gaastra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,675

    Default

    Avengers campus at disneyland has a agent carter area based on the show so even disneyland has the show as part of the mcu!

  12. #2667
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Avengers campus at disneyland has a agent carter area based on the show so even disneyland has the show as part of the mcu!
    That's neat .

  13. #2668
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Michael Waldron's statement about AOS is probably the closest confirmation we're getting that the show took place in another universe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Throwing the "somewhere in the multiverse" bone to Agents of SHIELD is more than I thought the show would get in a post-Disney+ world, honestly. I figured that show and the Netflix Defenders would just never be acknowledged on any level.

    I do find it surprising that Loki seems to be establishing Agent Carter as MCU canon however. The presumed Peggy cameo in episode one, and one of the apocolypses talked about in episode 2 referenced something from Agent Carter as well. Even the Endgame writers took the show into account when deciding when Steve would return to the past, apparently (it was in some interview I never saved the link to). I gotta be honest, if you had told me one of the old shows was gonna get acknowledged by the films as canon, I wouldn't have bet on it being Carter, which only lasted two seasons and didn't have the kind of critical reception that the Netflix shows got.
    All you need to know is that Agent Carter was literally the only Marvel Television show that actually credited Kevin Feige as a producer, and suddenly you understand why that show is probably the only one with a somewhat canon status.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-20-2021 at 11:00 PM.

  14. #2669
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I gotta be honest, if you had told me one of the old shows was gonna get acknowledged by the films as canon, I wouldn't have bet on it being Carter, which only lasted two seasons and didn't have the kind of critical reception that the Netflix shows got.
    Here is the updated RT scores for non canon mcu netflix and abc marvel shows below.

    Netflix
    MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    92%

    MARVEL'S LUKE CAGE
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    87%

    MARVEL'S JESSICA JONES
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    82%

    MARVEL'S THE DEFENDERS
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    78%


    MARVEL'S THE PUNISHER
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    64%



    MARVEL'S IRON FIST
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    34%

    ABC
    MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    95%



    MARVEL'S AGENT CARTER
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    86%


    MARVEL'S INHUMANS
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    11%

    Agent carter rt score from critics are higher then most of the netflix marvel shows.
    Last edited by mace11; 06-21-2021 at 06:07 PM.

  15. #2670
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Zamunda
    Posts
    4,417

    Default

    Both Punisher and Agent Carter I'd highly rate above AoS and Defenders but I'm not a critic. RT seems BS like usual. Both shows had a great Season One.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •