Page 142 of 775 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242642 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 11617
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Ikaris was the lead in the Kirby series, iirc.
    I know, but Sersi is a more prominent hero overall in Marvel, isn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I know, but Sersi is a more prominent hero overall in Marvel, isn't she?
    Yes, but you were asking why Ikaris would be the lead, like you thought the idea was totally out there. It's not mad to have assumed Richard Madde's Ikaris was the lead when we had so little information.

Astonishing Member

Iman Villani as Ms. Marvel!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Yes, but you were asking why Ikaris would be the lead, like you thought the idea was totally out there. It's not mad to have assumed Richard Madde's Ikaris was the lead when we had so little information.
    I see what you mean. I was just assuming the MCU would pick the most well known character to be the main one in the movie

I was under the impression Sersi and Ikaris are co-leads even if Sersi might be more of a main character, but Ikaris is usually the main guy of the Eternals.

Like others have said, Ikaris is the lead Eternal in the comics. Can't blame anyone for thinking Madden/Ikaris was going to be the lead. It's like announcing an Inhumans project, expecting Black Bolt to be the lead only to find out it's Crystal.

Sersi has Avengers cred (which is where I first saw her) but I'm not sure if any other Eternal spent as much time with the Avengers as she did or had close connections with the other MU heroes.
    Last edited by John Venus; 05-01-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Like others have said, Ikaris is the lead Eternal in the comics. Can't blame anyone for thinking Madden/Ikaris was going to be the lead. It's announcing an Inhumans project, assuming that Black Bolt will be the lead only to later find out that Crystal is the lead.

Sersi has Avengers cred (which is where I first saw her) but I'm not sure if any other Eternal spent as much time with the Avengers as she did or had close connections with the other MU heroes.
    I know her more from the Avengers so that's what led me to assume she's the most prominent character in the movie

I see what you mean. I was just assuming the MCU would pick the most well known character to be the main one in the movie
    A fair assumption, but a dangerous one given the various characters and franchises that the films have focused on. Scott and Hope as Ant-Man and Wasp, the Guardians; plenty of characters with little or no comic cred have made it big in the MCU before more well known ones like Hank Pym, Janet, and Nova.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    A fair assumption, but a dangerous one given the various characters and franchises that the films have focused on. Scott and Hope as Ant-Man and Wasp, the Guardians; plenty of characters with little or no comic cred have made it big in the MCU before more well known ones like Hank Pym, Janet, and Nova.
    Makes sense, too bad for Hank and Jan.

Idk if Nova will join though.

Oh Nova will happen eventually. They've been eyeing that franchise for a long time (much as they did Captain Marvel), it's a matter of "when" more than "if." Of all Marvel's various cosmic IP's, Nova is one of its biggest and most well known.

I figure when the GotG trilogy is finished, Nova might get his shot.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Oh Nova will happen eventually. They've been eyeing that franchise for a long time (much as they did Captain Marvel), it's a matter of "when" more than "if." Of all Marvel's various cosmic IP's, Nova is one of its biggest and most well known.

Ok. Tbh, I've never read a lot of Nova.

The question is whether it'll be Rick, Sam or both

Ultimate Member

I kind of expected that, just as Hydra used the Mind Stone to empower Pietro and Wanda, Xandar might use the Power Stone to empower some Nova Corps protectors (and indeed, they still might have, even if Thanos showed up and took the Power Stone from them, we don't really know how much damage he did in the process, plenty of Xandarians and even hypothetical empowered Nova Corps peeps could still be alive and usable for future projects...).

Sersi feels like the easier "in" for the audience compared to Ikaris. Makes me happy but I expect them to basically be co-leads with her taking just a little more of the spotlight.

Everybody is forgetting Black Knight. Him and Sersi will probably be the main leads with Ikaris as the secondary. Gemma will be the exceptional Eternal who acts outside of their doctrines, Black Knight will be the audience surrogate and Ikaris will be the voice of how Eternals should be acting. Basically like the Cap/Widow/Falcon trio in the TWS.

Extraordinary Member

Ok. Tbh, I've never read a lot of Nova.

The question is whether it'll be Rick, Sam or both
    Both.
    Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Sam is coming to the mcu.

Kevin Feige Confirms MCU Plans for Nova - Eventually | CBR
    https://www.cbr.com/kevin-feige-confirms-nova-mcu/

Kevin Feige Teases Nova (Richard Rider and Sam Alexander) MCU Debuts
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...ige-interview/
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...The-MU/page263