Page 81 of 761 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181581 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 11410
    Extraordinary Member

Just remember that Madame Masque was used in the Agent Carter tv show

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Just remember that Madame Masque was used in the Agent Carter tv show
    She was but not really. For one, they used a character named Whitney Frost, but never used the civilian name Giuletta Nefaria, which is Masque's real name. And the character herself never ended up becoming THE Madame Masque (even if that was the intention) because the show got cancelled before they could develop that story. So... I'd say the slate is pretty clean for Marvel Studios to do an actual Madame Masque in the MCU.

Extraordinary Member

I have to imagine that if they used Madame Masque they'd change her name from "Nefaria" or give some explanation why it's just a nickname.

Adaptations struggle a lot with villains who have obviously evil names.

I'm down for a proper live-action Madame Masque. Not sure I want to see her in Hawkeye because I don't really like her as Kate's "nemesis," but I guess so long as they treat her seriously...

"Nefaria" doesn't really feel that overtly villainous to me, even if it's just short for "Nefarious," but I guess I'm the kind of fan who likes those names .

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...eye-exclusive/

Illuminerdi is reporting that that casting call we got for a deaf/indigenous/latina actress a while back was indeed for Echo, and she will be making her debut in the Hawkeye show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

Illuminerdi is reporting that that casting call we got for a deaf/indigenous/latina actress a while back was indeed for Echo, and she will be making her debut in the Hawkeye show.
    I mean, we kinda of figured it HAD to be her.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

I kind of wonder what they'd do with her there.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Samuel L. Jackson To Star In Marvel's Nick Fury Series on Disney+

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...es-on-disney-/
    I hope they make good use of stunt doubles if there's going to be a lot of action scenes, Jackson is a badass and doesn't look as old as he really is, but you could tell by the way he moves in the last couple of years that he's getting up there in age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's Agents of SHIELD retconned to be an alternate universe then.
    I jumped ship after season 5 because it seemed like a good jumping off point and I was satisfied. Sounds like it started contradicting the movies big time after that.
    oh well, canon or not canon, Agents of Shield was a good show and opened the door for mcu tv.
    That being said I always found Bobbi and Hunter to be annoying so I don't mind a recast.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 09-29-2020 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see the point of using Mockingbird if Hawkeye's already married. Well, I guess they can be exes and we can get Bobbi in the movies, but it feels weird.
    I think we could get some good stuff out of Clint's SHIELD-era ex wife/girlfriend showing up. That's a concept the MCU hasn't really dealt with and it would play nicely with the Fraction "focus on the regular guy when he's out of spandex" flavor the show is reportedly leaning into (I know you hate that run Frontier). Hell for all we know Bobbi was Clint's booty call during the five year time skip and all manner of drama will ensue now that the wife and kids are back.

Whether this writes AoS out of the MCU or not, we'll see how they handle Bobbi (if the rumor is true in the first place). Could just be a War Machine style recast or one of those "it could be canon if you want it to be" type things where AoS isn't contradicted but not really acknowledged either. But if I had to put money on it, I'd say they're going to ignore AoS; Fiege has used plenty of stuff from the tv shows, but only small details like hand-held tech, or cameo appearances by minor characters, and he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'll use someone else's "prominent" stuff if he doesn't have to.

Honestly I figured AoS was gonna be written out of the MCU as soon as Disney+ was announced. With a in-house studio for tv style programming, anything that came before is likely gonna fall by the wayside. I figure the best case scenario is some of the more popular actors sticking to their roles, but in versions of the characters that have no direct connection to previous shows. Like, if the gods are truly kind (and 2020 isn't a year for that), Charlie Cox *might* play Daredevil or Cloe Bennet *might* return as Quake....but the stuff they did on Netflix and AoS will never be referenced and will likely be contradicted. But I don't think we're gonna be lucky enough for even that.
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-29-2020 at 04:49 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...Is FandomWire reliable?

I don't see the point of using Mockingbird if Hawkeye's already married. Well, I guess they can be exes and we can get Bobbi in the movies, but it feels weird.
    Mockingbird was a highlight in Agents of SHIELD.

Extraordinary Member

This reply was Deleted.
    Last edited by mace11; 09-30-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Mockingbird was a highlight in Agents of SHIELD.
    I'd be about 1200% more interested in a show about Palicki's Mockingbird, than Renner's Hawkeye, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think we could get some good stuff out of Clint's SHIELD-era ex wife/girlfriend showing up. That's a concept the MCU hasn't really dealt with and it would play nicely with the Fraction "focus on the regular guy when he's out of spandex" flavor the show is reportedly leaning into (I know you hate that run Frontier). Hell for all we know Bobbi was Clint's booty call during the five year time skip and all manner of drama will ensue now that the wife and kids are back.
    Well, I think Clint and Bobbi's relationship definitely deserves more weight than a "booty call" (although that's probably something Fraction would've done).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    She looks the part .