Page 290 of 760 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340390 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 11387

Guess Marvel really is testing the waters for more explicit LGBT characters in their films, huh?
    Last edited by John Venus; 09-26-2021 at 06:21 PM.

Good. It's past time.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Are you purposely missing Wakanda's entire point? They do not care to share their advanced technologies with the rest of the world. Iron Man's nano suit also clearly had limits hence Thanos still beating him and only barely letting him live; Green Lantern he was not.
    I'm not talking about Wakanda sharing this technology with the rest of the world, I'm saying that by the next Black Panther movie we should be seeing nanobots everywhere in Wakanda. Repairing a ship in real time, enhancing humans, heck, with nanobots advanced enough to create fabric, the Wakandans could easily create a piece of technology to kill world leaders while they are surrounded by every time of protection, since they would be able to control invisible robots (micro robots). Can you imagine what type of things I would be able to do with just a few grams of nanobots?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That seems like a weird complaint. Pym gets to be magic but Stark doesn't? I'd rather Stark have a more interesting power set than just the basics, and I found nanobots more consistent than Pym particles
    There is no world in which particles would be able to turn a normal sized man into the size of an ant. It's totally in the realm of fantasy. But the Iron Man seemed like actual technology all the way up to Civil War. Remember when Tony's briefcase became an Iron Man suit? The way they showed it happening felt like an actual piece of technology we could have in 100 years. But with the nanobots Iron Man suddenly became a Green Lantern

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The only time an Iron Man suit felt like it could possibly be an actual piece of technology we could have within 100 years was the mark 1 suit.

Everything afterward? Not so much.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm not talking about Wakanda sharing this technology with the rest of the world, I'm saying that by the next Black Panther movie we should be seeing nanobots everywhere in Wakanda. Repairing a ship in real time, enhancing humans, heck, with nanobots advanced enough to create fabric, the Wakandans could easily create a piece of technology to kill world leaders while they are surrounded by every time of protection, since they would be able to control invisible robots (micro robots). Can you imagine what type of things I would be able to do with just a few grams of nanobots?

There is no world in which particles would be able to turn a normal sized man into the size of an ant. It's totally in the realm of fantasy. But the Iron Man seemed like actual technology all the way up to Civil War. Remember when Tony's briefcase became an Iron Man suit? The way they showed it happening felt like an actual piece of technology we could have in 100 years. But with the nanobots Iron Man suddenly became a Green Lantern
    But why's that bad? Why does Iron Man need to look like something in the next 100 years?

But why's that bad? Why does Iron Man need to look like something in the next 100 years?
    "Have to", I guess he doesn't have to. But I thought it was awesome. I'm surprised this is so controversial. These scenes were awesome.

I miss when the Iron Man suit was actually a physical suit. Isn't it all 100% CG now?

I wonder what they'll do with Ironheart.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I miss when the Iron Man suit was actually a physical suit. Isn't it all 100% CG now?

I wonder what they'll do with Ironheart.
    I can't find any BTS pics of it.

You can find BTS pics of the BP nanosuits, so those werent 100% cgi

IM suit seems cgi though
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

For the first movie they had Robert wear an actual suit which he described as something nobody should ever be in. From the second movie onwards he and his stunt doubles are wearing pieces of the armor and they CGI in the rest. From what I can tell, the suits have always been a mix of CGI and practical effects. BTS videos and pics show that not every scene of Tony in the IM suit in EG is full CGI. They use the real stuff too. I remember when set pics leaked of BP's suit in Civil War when he scaled the side of the building (which was a real stunt btw) and the suit looked horrible IRL but they used CGI to clean it up and give it that molded metal look.

Anyway, Tony's suit(s) represents his genius, his creativity and where he is in his journey at any given point. If his suits aren't evolving then he is stagnating on his journey and that's not Tony Stark. He is supposed to be problem solving constantlyand taking the next step. After Ant-Man infiltrated his suit in CW and Cap later kneecapped (pun unintended) his suit by targeting critical pieces of his suit, he used nano tech to overcome those flaws. Then, after Thanos destroyed his first nano tech suit, he comes up with one that uses more long range attacks and light based force field that suit instead of a solid nanite based one he used previousl

Astonishing Member

Wasn't there a story that they stole the actual Mark III suit a few years ago?

Now that you mention, I recall reading a similar article as well. Don't know if it's been recovered but it did give me a good chuckle.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    "Have to", I guess he doesn't have to. But I thought it was awesome. I'm surprised this is so controversial. These scenes were awesome.

Because that was 2008, when he hadn't encountered all sorts of advanced technology. And flying/strength/beams is the most basic power combo. He needs something to be more interesting with all these other heroes showing up in the MCU

Because that was 2008, when he hadn't encountered all sorts of advanced technology. And flying/strength/beams is the most basic power combo. He needs something to be more interesting with all these other heroes showing up in the MCU
    So he should become a Green Lantern able to manifest anything at will and have his suit infinitely grow matter out of nothing?

And Iron Man 3 had plenty of innovation in 2013. It's not like nanobots are the only way to upgrade the suit bro. But fine, I guess I liked those transformation scenes way more than other people here so there isn't really a point to be argued.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/ma...8377#gs.buw5ko

What IF episodes were supposed to be longer, but Covid

and confirms why each of them each shittily... prime timeline has to stay best timeline
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/ma...8377#gs.buw5ko

What IF episodes were supposed to be longer, but Covid

and confirms why each of them each shittily... prime timeline has to stay best timeline
    That doesn't surprise me.

It does make me wonder if the season 2 episodes will be longer.